Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 1:05am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Zomig Trials @ NECH »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Zomig Trials @ NECH
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Zomig Trials @ NECH  (Read 488 times)
Racer1_NC
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Beeeyul the Cat"

Email

Zomig Trials @ NECH
« on: Oct 11th, 2005, 11:50am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The New England Center for Headache (NECH) http://www.headachenech.com/ is still seeking at least 9 additional subjects for the Zomig /Cluster Headache trials.

Patients need not reside in the northeast but must make one visit to the clinic which is located in Stamford,CT, the rest can be handled via email and the USPS.  

Anyone even close to being "in cycle" that is interested in participating in the study should contact Lori Choyce at lc@nech.net  for further details on what is involved with the study and information on how to participate.

OUCH urges everyone that can help with this important study to step forward and help the NECH research team, being able to complete these last 9 people could possibly open avenues to research in other areas in many ways.

Bill
IP Logged

"Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime."

Eventus stultorum magister.
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: Zomig Trials @ NECH
« Reply #1 on: Oct 11th, 2005, 12:45pm »

bumpety bump
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Jester
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 12th, 2005, 2:15pm »

It's too bad, cause I believe that I'm coming to the end of the cycle and live fairly close.  I took Zomig this time, and I have to tell you, compared to Imitrex, I like it much more.  Sure it takes 20 minutes to work (compared to the 10 min on Imitrex), but it afforded me 9-15 hours of pain free living (and SLEEP!) and I did not feel hung over afterwards.  Imitrex only stopped the attack for 5 hours with me...  Sad

I would suggest that anyone starting or in a cycle, give this a shot...!
IP Logged
Racer1_NC
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Beeeyul the Cat"

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 16th, 2005, 3:31pm »

Moving on up....
IP Logged

Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 16th, 2005, 10:14pm »

I'll go already, I'll go! It's not MY fault this cycle won't kick in. Eye's twitching, scalp's tingling, I'm hammering down beer after beer, daring it..............
If any of you have a method of kicking off a cycle, please let me know. Since one's due, I'd like to get on with it. There's a lot of Beta testing to be done. Reckon I wouldn't be so cocky if every damned thing I learned here didn't work so good. All of it.
And I can't buy a CH, even when my number's up. There IS no justice.

Shit.
RJ
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
Racer1_NC
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Beeeyul the Cat"

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 19th, 2005, 11:45am »

TTT
IP Logged

Squanto
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Oct 20th, 2005, 5:38am »

I got an e-mail this morning from OUCH announcing the same thing.

I find it interesting that "still seeking at least 9 additional subjects for the Zomig /Cluster Headache trials"

Several months ago I got an e-mail directly from NECH asking if I wanted to volunteer for this study. I suppose they got my e-mail address from OUCH. I reponded and told 'em I'd volunteer. As I recall all they asked for was a contact name, and "they'd get back to me."

They didn't answer.  About 10 days later I made a long distance call the to phone number provided in the e-mail. Got an answering machine. Left a message. They never bothered to call me back.

So they are looking for 9 more suffers - and my name's already on their list?  If they are that loose administratively - I'd beware!

Squanto
IP Logged
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #7 on: Oct 20th, 2005, 11:55am »

on Oct 20th, 2005, 5:38am, Squanto wrote:
I got an e-mail this morning from OUCH announcing the same thing.

I find it interesting that "still seeking at least 9 additional subjects for the Zomig /Cluster Headache trials"

Several months ago I got an e-mail directly from NECH asking if I wanted to volunteer for this study. I suppose they got my e-mail address from OUCH. I reponded and told 'em I'd volunteer. As I recall all they asked for was a contact name, and "they'd get back to me."

They didn't answer.  About 10 days later I made a long distance call the to phone number provided in the e-mail. Got an answering machine. Left a message. They never bothered to call me back.

So they are looking for 9 more suffers - and my name's already on their list?  If they are that loose administratively - I'd beware!

Squanto

I have no personal experience with NECH.  I do not know how they got your e-mail address.  I can tell you they did not get your e-mail address from OUCH.  OUCH does not give or sell anyone's personal information.  We post information on the OUCH and CH.com message boards and send out e-mails notifying people of various programs and let people decide whether they want to participate.

IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 20th, 2005, 1:10pm »

If you participate you not only will help the greater good and possibly yourself but.........

will earn $100
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
her_redhed
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #9 on: Oct 27th, 2005, 5:56am »

thanks racer,
saw your posting and my lovely wife phoned them last thursday. nice lady talked with her for awhile and on monday she drove down, inteerviewed for 1/2 an hour and got the goods. 3 sprays at a time, return the diary for more. no one knows whether they get 10mg, 5mg or placebo. first try, no joy for us but thanks so much for the posting.
best, michael
IP Logged
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #10 on: Oct 28th, 2005, 1:04pm »

on Oct 27th, 2005, 5:56am, her_redhed wrote:
thanks racer,
saw your posting and my lovely wife phoned them last thursday. nice lady talked with her for awhile and on monday she drove down, inteerviewed for 1/2 an hour and got the goods. 3 sprays at a time, return the diary for more. no one knows whether they get 10mg, 5mg or placebo. first try, no joy for us but thanks so much for the posting.
best, michael

Michael, I'm soooo glad she went. Thank her for participating. Smiley

and thanks to everyone who participates!
IP Logged
Racer1_NC
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Beeeyul the Cat"

Email

« Reply #11 on: Nov 7th, 2005, 10:34am »

TTT
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss