Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 8:00am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Getting oxygen »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Getting oxygen
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Getting oxygen  (Read 370 times)
Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

http://mushys.com/kiwi  
WWW Email

Getting oxygen
« on: Oct 12th, 2005, 2:22am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I see people posting that they have trouble getting scripts or prescriptions for oxygen so I did a little look around to see what is available.
I sense that this problem may come from doctors not knowing how to get hold of oxygen set ups outside of their own surgery environment.

I have inserted some pics in this post but they may not present on the site due to my inability to post pics but if you go to the link provided you can type in the part #s and have a look.
https://pgw100.portal.gases.boc.com/scripts/wgate/zcpwp_b2c/!?~login=boc comau

Here in Western Australia all that is needed to get the equipment is to set up an account with BOC gasses, easily done by going to one of their outlets and simply starting one up.
You can either buy the gear yourself or for the short term if you are episodic you can hire for a monthly fee a regulator & flow meter that fits the small C size bottle, you will have to pay for the oxygen and an annual rent on the cylinder you then only need the non re-breather mask that you may be able to con from ER if you know someone there.
The beauty of the rental gear is that you don’t have the initial outlay cost and when you go out of cycle you just return the gear, when you return the bottle you should get a credit on the annual rental if you have only had it for a short time.
Here’s the part # for the portable hire gear.  
Order Code 401KITC Portable regulator & flow meter to fit C size bottle.

My set up is a normal welders oxygen regulator attached to a D size medical oxygen bottle, good for home and reasonably portable with this flow meter attached.
You need to get a fitting with a barbed end to attach to the bottom of the flow meter to which you attach the tube of the non rebreather mask, I got my mask from the ER last time I was hit, they are normaly throw away after use as the wont use them on anyone else for health reasons.

Flow meter part # 105215 0 to 15 Litres / Min

If anyone needs more info please feel free to PM or Email me.

Hope this helps out.

Kind Regards
Barry

Nope the pics didn't come accross so have a look at the link.
Barry

Mr Happy has kindly put this info on his site, I am sending him the pics that would not post for me, at the moment it's not pretty but the base info is there, thanks Randy your a gem.
Here's the link
http://mushys.com/kiwi/O2DU.html

I can't see why this could not be applied internationally, other than any restrictions that may be applied by the Federal or State Governments of that country.

I know that for a while here in W.A. that gas type equipment was difficult to get as stupid thieves where stealing Oxy/Acetylene gear to cut open safes only to find out that they had incinerated the contents.
Barry
« Last Edit: Oct 14th, 2005, 8:38pm by Barry_T_Coles » IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.
http://mushys.com/kiwi

[img]
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

Re: Getting oxygen
« Reply #1 on: Oct 12th, 2005, 3:07am »

Onya, Barry, and if you're happy just to keep all that on file it means as other Aussies and Kiwis come aboard we can point them in your direction.  

I well remember the runaround I got twenty years ago trying to get the stuff and yet poor little Jacqs is going through exactly the same today.

The more it changes, the more it stays the same.

Cheers all,

Brian.
IP Logged

Vulcrania horrendus - twice daily, then two at night in lieu of sleep.
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 12th, 2005, 11:25pm »

Way to go Barry! Quality info. Safe it for the locals, most assuredly. As long as they got their own suction, you've given enough info to get the program rolling down there.

Interesting the way you'se guys rate your tanks -  

400MA  124,400  
400F9  53,370    
400G   8,300      
400E   4,100      
400D   1,640      
400CD  630      
40DCFR 490    
400C   490      

As the letters increase, so do the tank capacities. What a novel idea. My N tank is smaller than my M tank, which is smaller than the H tank, but the E tank is smaller than them all.

You'se guys are lucky.
RJ

« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2005, 12:50am by Mr. Happy » IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

In remembrance of KingCazman. RIP

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 13th, 2005, 9:47pm »

Yeah, my tanks are only 680 litres.  I have asked for larger tanks, but for some reason they wont give it to me.
I dont see what the fuck the difference is if i get 6000 litres in 2 tanks, or if i have to get 9 of the small tanks.
And btw RJ, its not you'se, its spelled Y O U S.
Thanks and PF wishes
BMonee
IP Logged

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool - can't get fooled again"

Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.

Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 13th, 2005, 10:09pm »

on Oct 13th, 2005, 9:47pm, BMoneeTheMoneeMan wrote:
And btw RJ, its not you'se, its spelled Y O U S.

What the fuck would you know; you claim to be from Portland. That's where we get our cement..........to make overshoes for nits from Portland.

Philly. Brotherly love at it's best.
RJ
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss