Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 11:15am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Diamond H/A Clinic Inquiry »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Diamond H/A Clinic Inquiry
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Diamond H/A Clinic Inquiry  (Read 298 times)
burnt-toast
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Diamond H/A Clinic Inquiry
« on: Oct 16th, 2005, 7:40am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Neuro. wants to send me off to Chicago to the Diamond H/A Clinic for evaluation and treatments.  Histamine Desensitization was the primary treatment being discussed.  I've obtained some good information on the procedure but have a few questions.

Does anyone who has been there - have feedback on this facility?

Does anyone know a doctor or administrator that I can contact there?  

How many chronics out there obtained long-term (more than several weeks) relief from this procedure?

Any issues getting health insurance providers to cover the procedure?

Tom  

IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space.
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: Diamond H/A Clinic Inquiry
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16th, 2005, 11:47am »

Contact Unsolved (Michael)

He has been there for the histamine desensitization treatment.
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
rextangle

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 16th, 2005, 11:54am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I think Michael (Unsolved) just went back for another treatment. He has had pretty good results with it, he's also chronic. His last treatment did not last as long as before, and that's why he's going back.

As far as insurance goes, you're gonna have to check with them, I know that Kaiser for instance wouldn't cover that for me, so it's not something I would be able to afford. My car costs less than this treatment! Grin

Good luck to you,
Rex
IP Logged
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 16th, 2005, 12:24pm »

on Oct 16th, 2005, 7:40am, burnt-toast wrote:

Does anyone who has been there - have feedback on this facility?

Although I haven't been back in over 4 years, I was a patient there for 20+ years and had the histamine treatment 4 times.

Does anyone know a doctor or administrator that I can contact there?      

I can give you my doctor's name (IM me if you want it) but I'm not sure you can get past the front desk. Probably could if you tell them you're a chronic cluster patient and want to speak with him. Maybe your doc can call ahead.

How many chronics out there obtained long-term (more than several weeks) relief from this procedure?

I was episodic the four times I did the histamine. Worked well 2 out of 4. It did work for many of the chronics I met while there. How long it worked I wouldn't know. Once they checked out I never followed up with any chronics. Just stayed in contact with a few episodics.

Any issues getting health insurance providers to cover the procedure?

Some cover it, some don't or at least not with a fight. They (the clinic) are used to fighting with ins. co's so if you need pre-approval, they know what to say to give you the best chance of getting it covered.
Be prepared that if you end up having to cover only 20%, as some policies demand, even that 20% can be a chunk of cash.

Bobw
IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
Jill
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
Sweden 

"Life is a series of goodbyes and hellos" Billy J.

Worldshots2003   FarmerGJill
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 17th, 2005, 8:24am »

Hey...

I went to there website and filled out some information about their trials though I dont remember doing so - getting hit too hard lately and memory is gone.  

Anyways, they gave me a phone call the other day and I spoke with a very nice guy, They said they didnt have any trials for me right now but I did ask them about the histamine treatment - they gave me the number to the National Headache Institute and said that I could contact them and find someone local who could do the treatment. And even find a doc close that knows CH... this is good!

They seem real nice and I have heard great things about them - and E is right - talk to Unsolved... he is real nice and can give you lots of info. Give him a week though since I think that he is in the hospital for treatment right now.  

Good luck!

Jill
IP Logged

"If you learn from your suffering and really come to understand the lesson you were taught you might be able to help someone else who is now in the phase. Maybe that is what its all about after all.."
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss