Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 9:54am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Questions about SPUT »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Questions about SPUT
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Questions about SPUT  (Read 371 times)
Squanto
New Board Junior
USA 

Questions about SPUT
« on: Oct 24th, 2005, 7:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

It's been about 10 days since I did my second clusterbuster treatment.

I've been hit hard 3 times in those 10 days.  Last week I tried my first  SPUT (small piece under the tongue)  Didn't do anything. No relief, no side effects. 48 hours later I got hit again and tried a little bigger piece. Still nothing. No benefit and no side effect.  This morning I awoke at 4 AM (about 36 hours after my most recent SPUT)  with a KIP.4-5.  I cut a dried chunk and put it under my tongue.  Within 15-20 minutes the headache was gone. I continued to suck on the piece for another 30 minutes or so and spit it out. No side effects. The rehydrated piece was about size of the capital "C" in the clusterheadaches.com text at the top of this page. Within an hour the headache was back.  Less,  but still there for sure.  

My question(s):
1) How often can I do a SPUT! Would I do any harm if I "experimented" with frequency?

2) I've been spitting out the chunk.   Should I be chewing it up and swallowing it?

3) Should I keep increasing the size of the piece until I notice side effects?

As I've said in another topic/thread - I really really really don't want to try another "full dose" or anything approaching that.  But I'm willing to nibble at the edges if that has a chance of beating this beast.

TIA
Squanto
IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

Re: Questions about SPUT
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24th, 2005, 8:42pm »

Squanto,
 Glad your still with it. I cant answer your questions . I feel there are others more qualified. I will say, I to do not want the "trip", but you can get the dose down with a little adjusting. I used three 2 gm doses a 7day intervals and aborted the whole episode. I hope it works as well for you.
jb
PS: Hang in there!
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 25th, 2005, 1:30am »

on Oct 24th, 2005, 7:30pm, Squanto wrote:

My question(s):
1) How often can I do a SPUT! Would I do any harm if I "experimented" with frequency?
Squanto

Some people use a similar method 3-4 times a day. They take a full dose, make a cup of tea, and split it up into three or four doses throughout the day.
They usually do this when their cycles are still in full bloom. Yours appears to have made some headway so I wouldn't use it any more than necessary. If the attacks continue to improve with time, I'd use it less and less if possible. Part of the key is to let your system settle down rather than bouncing around, up and down between doses.(no matter how big or small)

2) I've been spitting out the chunk.   Should I be chewing it up and swallowing it?
Squanto

Keep it under your tongue as long as possible and then swallow it. Best to wash it down with some orange juice.

3) Should I keep increasing the size of the piece until I notice side effects?
Squanto

You don't necessarily NEED to notice any side effects for this to work. Many people never notice any side effects other than a disappearance of their headaches.
Others seem to need a bigger dose and noticible psychedelic effects. Also, it seems more likely than not, that too big a dose is less effective, at least for many people.

I wouldn't increase the size unless you're going to use this to find out how much you need to get some psychedelic effects for the next "full dose" if needed.
If you determine a point of psychedelic effects, I would then try to stay away from all psilocybin for 5 days or longer, and if the cycle remains, hit it with the size you determined will give you some psychedelic effects.

JMHO
Bobw
IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
Squanto
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Oct 25th, 2005, 6:23am »

Thanks Pinkfloyd.  That's the kind of guidance I need.  

Believe me - I'm NOT looking of for a psychedeiic effect. My life is weird enough as it is Smiley  Naw, that ain't really true. Except for these damn headaches things are pretty good.  I'm willing to go outside the box and seek relief - but one bad trip is more than enough for this old geezer.

Squanto
IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 25th, 2005, 6:57am »

Something to think about is the switch to either HBWR  or RC seeds.  Another of the indole ring methods, containing LSA rather than the psylo.

Many have found that after a few rounds of the psylo, switching to the LSA has been a great benifit, and produced longer PF periods of time.  (specifically in the hard to treat chronics)  On the plus side, there is no trippy effect at all.  At most is a warm feeling of relaxation and "mellow".  No visual effects at all.

Might be worth looking into.

IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Squanto
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Oct 26th, 2005, 7:19am »

Thanks all

I'll look in to the LSA seeds. I have the contact info from a private message.

Awakened at 6:30 with a KIP 4.  After a few minutes tried a SPUT.
A little bigger chunck thiis time. After 20 minutes pain receded. Swallowed what was left wiht 1/2 glass of orange juice. Now (about 2 hours later) I "almost" pain  free. (when I stop and look for the pain it's jut barely noticable) No side effects. No gastric upset.

Bring on the day!

Squanto
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss