Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 11:29pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Imitex question »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Imitex question
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Imitex question  (Read 1148 times)
hoosierdaddy
New Board Newbie
USA 

Are we having fun yet?

Imitex question
« on: Nov 2nd, 2005, 9:53am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello all,
  1st I'm sorry for not being on this site for so long.  

Imitrex injections work for me but I am wondering if they will lose effectivness after long term use.

I have have had 2 a day for the last 2 weeks and Monday I will see my Neuro and he will probably give me 2 nerve bolcks. That worked last time for me.  
  I have taken 12 injections in the last 7 days and it is the only thing that has kept me here. My biggest fear is they will stop working.  

Any advise.
  Greg
IP Logged

..."it feels as if my head is giving birth to my brain and can't decide whether to use my right eye or right nostril as the birth canal."

Hoosier-Daddy?
;^)
zanychef
New Board Newbie
England 

i'm busting with a masx cant really go wrong can i

Re: Imitex question
« Reply #1 on: Nov 2nd, 2005, 10:09am »

dont think (generally speaking) that they do lose effect i have been using them for around 7 years normally about 10 per week and they still work for meCheesy
IP Logged

plenty of time to sleep now me headaches aint too badSmiley
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 2nd, 2005, 11:52am »

Hi Greg

They keep on working but... unfortunately the more you use the more the recurring headaches, that is what I found.

O2 if you can.

Modified bloody spacing, must have slept on the Enter button!

« Last Edit: Nov 2nd, 2005, 11:55am by Jasmyn » IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 2nd, 2005, 12:27pm »

See the imitrex tip on the left, it explains how to split the doses. For most, a smaller dose still works. If they work for you, you can cut down how much you take by following the tip.
IP Logged
Jasmyn
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Mozambique 

Each day will be a new trick in life's journey

JazzdeBeer+de+Beer  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 2nd, 2005, 1:36pm »

on Nov 2nd, 2005, 12:27pm, marlinsfan wrote:
See the imitrex tip on the left, it explains how to split the doses. For most, a smaller dose still works. If they work for you, you can cut down how much you take by following the tip.

I vouch for using it the Imitrex tip method.
IP Logged

Jazz Wink

Madness is proclaimed by society’s inability to accept its own infallibility
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 2nd, 2005, 2:03pm »

Check into Zomig nasal as a alternative triptan if you haven't tried it. Pretty good success rate, and a longer half life.

Also, Zyprexa is an alt. abortive that's NOT a triptan. Bob J and E2 use it.  

Won't hurt to ask.
RJ
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
unsolved1

Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 2nd, 2005, 3:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Imitrex injections have always been effective for me.

UNsolved
IP Logged
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #7 on: Nov 2nd, 2005, 4:23pm »

Basically it boils down to there is no rhyme or reason as to what works for who and for how long.  You'll cause yourself more grief by worrying about it.  Enjoy it while it works.

IP Logged
hoosierdaddy
New Board Newbie
USA 

Are we having fun yet?

« Reply #8 on: Nov 2nd, 2005, 5:04pm »

Thanks guys,
   I did send a e-mail to Glaxo Smith Kline requesting 2mg and 3mg doses be considered for us. I said that we could supply some case studies if required. And I listed the benifits that we would see from such a change.
   I'm sure that I'm not the first to do that but it made me feel better doing it.  
C-Ya
Greg
IP Logged

..."it feels as if my head is giving birth to my brain and can't decide whether to use my right eye or right nostril as the birth canal."

Hoosier-Daddy?
;^)
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 2nd, 2005, 6:24pm »

on Nov 2nd, 2005, 5:04pm, hoosierdaddy wrote:
Thanks guys,
        I did send a e-mail to Glaxo Smith Kline requesting 2mg and 3mg doses be considered for us. I said that we could supply some case studies if required. And I listed the benifits that we would see from such a change.
        I'm sure that I'm not the first to do that but it made me feel better doing it.  
C-Ya
Greg

I heard that they are putting out 3mg soon the problem is that it will cost the same.
Better off taking the 6mg and splitting the dose.
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
mikezz
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 2nd, 2005, 8:21pm »

I think we are all to beleive that it is our insurance companies are responsible for only approving 9 pills a month of imitrex. But in reading the fine print in those little information packets that you need a magnifying glass to read that drug companies supply with medication, the drug company doesnt want you to take more than 2 a week...which ends up being about 9 a month.Mmmm , why does the drug company package them in 9sss. Are we not sure that it may be the drug company and not the insurance/prescription plan that is responsible. I know its hard to understand why would a drug company not want us to use more and theirfore they make more money. It could be a liability thing. Dont know..just a thought..but i've learnt to stock up, also your neurologist should be willing to give free samples. Also once in a while there is a coupon for 10 dollars off in the box, give that to your pharmacist next time..save on your copay. On the imitrex web site,there is a coupon for 9 pills free. Ask your neurologist to give you a prescrition for just 9, take that to a different pharmacist that doesnt have your insurance info(and of course dont tell him you do) Hope this helps
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #11 on: Nov 2nd, 2005, 11:53pm »

Brad's doctor told the ins co that he has intractable migraine to get him allowed more a month......we were only allowed 9 a month also but he is goin to try injections next cycle if it comes. But doc still uses that diagnoses to get him more. He said he found out they 'go for that' so patients can get more. I don't know WHY tho but he said it works to state it that way when he has to call them to explain and get more approved verses mention ch. Were jus glad he is tryin to help us. Intractable costs Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #12 on: Nov 3rd, 2005, 12:39am »

The pills suck.  They take too long to work and they leave you feeling like 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag for long after the attack is gone.

Nasals sometimes kind of work.

Injections is the only way to go.  Get the vials and you can prefill 1/3 or 1/2 shots and put them in a hard eyeglass case so that you are ready to go when the hit comes and you don't have to fumble around trying to measure out a shot or split a statdose while dancing.

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss