Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 8:32pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « A Shroom Too Far! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   A Shroom Too Far!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: A Shroom Too Far!  (Read 1187 times)
Chuffy
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

A Shroom Too Far!
« on: Nov 2nd, 2005, 7:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have just been banned from the OUCH UK members board!
I posted the following out of utter frustration (the text speaks for itself) and without discussion they banned me from the site, and I'm a fully paid-up member, the bastards!  
The only annoying thing is I can't now get on there to see if thay have deleted the post.    

That's it I have had enough, one deleted post too far!!!  

Please hear me out.  

I am sick of post after post banging on about all the potentially lethal crap that Glaxo and their ilk make and how wonderful it is to stick in your body to get relief from this truly debiltating illness.  
Anyone would think you are getting a back-hander from them, you're not, are you?  

This is an organisation to help CH sufferers is it not?  

Well, every time I try and suggest alternatives in even the most non-legal issue terms or guide people in the most round the houses way possible to REAL help, the post gets deleted as I'm sure this will.  

The other OUCH sites openly discuss alternative therapies for the good of their members, why is this one so up it's own arse it won't even let you put a link up to another CH site or any site for that matter?  

If no-one wants to listen fine, go on jabbing, swallowing and whatever else it is you recommend to do with all those Glaxo treats but count me out.  

I have been Episodic for 25 years (10 of those mis-diagnosed, so I know what i'm talking about) and keeping the drug companies in clover during most of that time but am now pain free and best of all med free, save for a little bit of O2 now and again.  

I can really help, that is why we are all here surely, but no-one gives a toss.  

You can now send your Newsletters banging on about 'fun runs' and how 'so an so' nearly died from an Imigran overdose (oh REALLY, must keep pushing that stuff!!) to someone more deserving than I.  

Reminds me of my local Neighbourhood Watch. Lots of coffee mornings and letters about what Deidre does in her spare time at No 18.......... I catch two scum bags red handed in next doors house, didn't even make the newsletter. This country!    

Dr Andrew Sewell at Harvard has me as one of his case studies but it appears I am of no use here, so it is with great regret I say,  

Thankyou and Goodnight.  Cry

IP Logged

www.site full of PF idiots.com
majic
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

Re: A Shroom Too Far!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 2nd, 2005, 7:48pm »

Same thing happened to me.  

I find it difficult to put into words my feelings for the wankers that run OUCH(UK); they seem to be intent on prolonging the pain & suffering of their members for no reason that stands up to close examination.  

What makes it even worse is that the people behind this decision, the trustees, are too cowardly to debate or discuss this censorship in any open forum.

Unfortunately, unless they are insane or convicted criminals it is extemely difficult to remove the trustees even if their actions are contrary to the aims of the charity.

Richard
IP Logged
Chuffy
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

« Reply #2 on: Nov 2nd, 2005, 8:08pm »

on Nov 2nd, 2005, 7:48pm, majic wrote:
Same thing happened to me.  

I find it difficult to put into words my feelings for the wankers that run OUCH(UK); they seem to be intent on prolonging the pain & suffering of their members for no reason that stands up to close examination.  

What makes it even worse is that the people behind this decision, the trustees, are too cowardly to debate or discuss this censorship in any open forum.

Unfortunately, unless they are insane or convicted criminals it is extemely difficult to remove the trustees even if their actions are contrary to the aims of the charity.

Richard

Well I tried and look what happened. They have been driving me bonkers for some time now as well.  
Good to hear from you anyway, maybe we can fight the thingys together.
Check out my post in 'General Posts' about this also. I don't like double posting on forums but I couldn't seem to get a link to another post to work.
IP Logged

Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 2nd, 2005, 8:44pm »

That's the spirit, lads.....let it out.
Then, when you're done, tend to business.

"Never let a sense of morals prevent you from doing what's  
right."
Salvor Hardin

Your Clustermasx Pimp.
RJ
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
rextangle

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 2nd, 2005, 8:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Don't you kids know better? Something that grows out of the ground (or cow shit) must be evil. Let's not talk about the possibilities of obtaining relief from fungi..... nono

That would be just plain wrong. Wink

I thought England would be a little more open minded about this, but the more I look at Prince Charles, the more I can see why it's an actual problem. Nothing personal.

Let it grow...

Rex

IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 2nd, 2005, 10:10pm »

I read this as I pop a verap. & a lithium.......

A good post and a shame you can not mention that over there.

Damn shame.

I still take meds and will continue until I either have balls to detox or my wife steps up and supports me trying an alternative.

Atleast I can talk and learn about them.

Sad.

Find another way to spread the word!

E
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Beastfodder
New Board Old Timer
United_Kingdom 

O2 and clusterbusters - naturally

« Reply #6 on: Nov 3rd, 2005, 5:09am »

Sympathy to you over OUCH UK.

I'm in such a similar situation to you - years of misdiagnosis, hatred of polypharmacy with stuff that makes you feel awful until realising there's one cure that works for me.

Funnily enough it's the same stuff I used to have mad weekends on when I was a student.

But you'd have to have been living on the moon not to notice how 'shrooms have changed in the UK over the past few years.  Last year you could walk down Oxford St  into a tourist shop and buy class cubensis mushrooms openly and so could kids.

That's why the Governement made it a criminal offence to possess even fresh shrooms here and yes it is an arse of a law.  

Why on earth should the CH sufferers who run OUCH in the UK  for the good of all sufferers  and are legally responsible for the website's content put themselves on the line and jeaporadise the operation ?

Why indeed they're abused like you've just done.

Their support to me in getting O2 (which also works) was fantastic - and the time on the phone explaining why they have this stance in the UK, what other options are out there - and feedback from the likes of Professor Goadsby on 'Shrooms was really useful (basically do it if works for you, it's only the issue of schizophrenia he's worried about - in the same way that Skunk weed has the potential to make psychotic disorders more acute - especially in the under 18's when the brain is still maturing).

If you were really wanted to be positive - start clusterbusters uk and be big enough to take the legal flak yourself.  After we've all managed to get to here and clusterbusters and find the cure.

OUCH UK has helped me and others - sufferers and their families and the people who do it, do it charitably and with good grace.  I'll re-join this year and I'd absolutely join clusterbusters UK.
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2005, 7:26am by Beastfodder » IP Logged

O2 and clusterbusters - naturally
zanychef
New Board Newbie
England 

i'm busting with a masx cant really go wrong can i

« Reply #7 on: Nov 3rd, 2005, 5:14am »

WELL SAID!!!!! beast sayyes
IP Logged

plenty of time to sleep now me headaches aint too badSmiley
MOBster
New Board Junior

"LAMH LAIDIR IN UACHTAR"

« Reply #8 on: Nov 3rd, 2005, 5:49am »

Thanks Andrew,

It is refreshing when someone actually sees it how it is and does not try to put their own slant on things.

As for the comments by Rob & Richard well what can I say. You can call us what you want both as a group or as individuals, we are used to it. That is what happens to people that actually get up and do something to help others.

Also this topic has been discussed many,many times both behind closed doors(by the Trustees and Medical Professionals) and in the open, in fact on here. However it seems your idea of discussion is when we agree to do all that you demand regardless of the consequences for others. Not much of a discussion really.

Richard you were not banned from OUCH (UK) you left of your free will but not until after a few nasty e-mails from you as a parting gift. Rob you seem to have missed the topic title of your post when you quoted it here, so let me help you out:

Quote:
How do I withdraw my membership?
Today at 12:12am     That's it I have had enough, one deleted post too far!!!  

Please hear me out.  

I am sick of post after post banging on about all the potentially lethal crap that Glaxo and their ilk make and how wonderful it is to stick in your body to get relief from this truly debiltating illness.  
Anyone would think you are getting a back-hander from them, you're not, are you?  

Reminds me of my local Neighbourhood Watch. Lots of coffee mornings and letters about what Deidre does in her spare time at No 18.......... I catch two scum bags red handed in next doors house, didn't even make the newsletter. This country!    

Dr Andrew Sewell at Harvard has me as one of his case studies but it appears I am of no use here, so it is with great regret I say,  

Thankyou and Goodnight.  

Sorry if I mistakenly took this as your wish to leave OUCH (UK) ? - as the Members Board is just that a Members Board your posting privileges were revoked. In fact the message you get when you try to enter the members board now says "You have asked to leave", is that not true also?

I am sure the usual abuse, insults, and so on will follow as is usually the case, but hey I am grown up and can deal with that.

I would just like to ask one question though for a change. Why do you use everyone else's message boards to discuss your opinions of others and your treatment? Why don't you have your own board where others can come and challenge you and your opinions and how you run things ? Why does it have to be a closed Yahoo group if you are all so ready for everyone else to openly admit bending or breaking the law? I have to say put up or shut up!

Let the mindless insanity begin.

Michael
IP Logged

The Strong Hand From Above !
zanychef
New Board Newbie
England 

« Reply #9 on: Nov 3rd, 2005, 5:57am »

looks to me like you asked to leave........ so please stop winging set up your own open board and get on with life we all have far more to do than bicker amongst ourselves Undecided
IP Logged

ben_uk
New Board Veteran
United_Kingdom 

100%O2

« Reply #10 on: Nov 3rd, 2005, 6:11am »

Hey! limp wrist from above, what a privilege it is for to see you posting here : )
Say the word clustermasx while you’re here
Go on (I know you want to)
Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing
And infectious

on Nov 3rd, 2005, 5:49am, MOBster wrote:

put up or shut up!

Shocked
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2005, 6:12am by ben_uk » IP Logged

www.clustermasx.com

LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Nov 3rd, 2005, 6:21am »

WHY do we have to have the same post on two boards?
I've only just noticed you posted this here as well as on the general board.
Whats the matter were you afraid not enough people would listen?!  Roll Eyes
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

zanychef
New Board Newbie
England 

« Reply #12 on: Nov 3rd, 2005, 6:25am »

or verbal diahorrhea?
IP Logged

MOBster
New Board Junior

"LAMH LAIDIR IN UACHTAR"

« Reply #13 on: Nov 3rd, 2005, 6:58am »

Gee Ben and we have been such good friends for soooo long  and you know sooooo much about me Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Chuffy
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

« Reply #14 on: Nov 3rd, 2005, 10:29am »

on Nov 3rd, 2005, 5:49am, MOBster wrote:

I would just like to ask one question though for a change. Why do you use everyone else's message boards to discuss your opinions of others and your treatment? Why don't you have your own board where others can come and challenge you and your opinions and how you run things ?  

Michael

Because I have more things going on in my life than just being a CH sufferer for starters, I wouldn't have the time to run a board, but when there are great ones like this out there, why start another one. CH is a miniscule part of my life thanks to the Shrooms and boy did I want to let the British people know why via the people in the UK that care about them, OUCH(UK).  

I also don't give a fuck what anyone thinks about me or my mushroom intake, but what I do give a fuck about are the poor bastards who are chronic sufferers filling themselves with shit day in day out and still not finding relief.
I tried to put a link up on the OUCH(UK) board to a thread on here ages ago by Miapet, in which her husband had been chronic for years, did some shrooms and stopped the beast in it's tracks. Guess what, deleted. Now if you don't want your members to know about things like that then I cannot be party to you and your 'charity'.  
So please, stop treating your members, who, forgive me if I'm wrong, fund your little ego trip, like morons and let them make their own mind up.  
So, mindless I may be, but I have principles and funnily enough........NO FUCKING HEADACHES!

Whens the next Fun Run?

« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2005, 10:30am by Chuffy » IP Logged

zanychef
New Board Newbie
England 

« Reply #15 on: Nov 3rd, 2005, 10:42am »

whos a member i aint!
IP Logged

floridian

Email

« Reply #16 on: Nov 3rd, 2005, 10:49am »

Just got to accept things for what they are, and be protestant (lowercase p) ... whenever there is a serious disagreement, split into new groups. Nobody has a pipeline to the ultimate truth or a monopoly on its interpretation. Try to keep things ecumenical, as ultimately we are all on the same team.  

A little medical tourism to the Netherlands is good for European unity!!
IP Logged
Racer1_NC
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Beeeyul the Cat"

Email

« Reply #17 on: Nov 3rd, 2005, 12:09pm »

Quote:
Nobody has a pipeline to the ultimate truth or a monopoly on its interpretation. Try to keep things ecumenical, as ultimately we are all on the same team.

Good advice.
IP Logged

"Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime."

Eventus stultorum magister.
MOBster
New Board Junior

"LAMH LAIDIR IN UACHTAR"

« Reply #18 on: Nov 3rd, 2005, 12:13pm »

Hi Rob,

So let me get this straight. Did you leave OUCH (UK) or were you banned ? If the former, do you mind putting the thread topic right?

All our members are 'morons' who can't find a single thing out for themselves on the web but managed to find us?

You have principles and opinions but no one else can have any unless they are yours?

You are upset because you tried to get a 'shroom' debate going on our board but you were not allowed to? but you thought you could just ignore our policy anyway because you are right ?

For Gods sake.........

Let me just ask my third question:

Why on earth would we seek legal advice, receive that advice and then just totally disregard it because it didn't suit you guys?
But hey you all seem to know more about UK law than our legal advisors do, maybe you should fight the UK legal system instead of aiming for the easy target.

Michael
IP Logged

Flash

Email

« Reply #19 on: Nov 3rd, 2005, 12:16pm »

Heh heh it's worth coming back to post just for this one thread.  The rest of the threads here I'm still leaving alone, as my absence seems to help keep the peace!  

So on to OUCH (UK)...

As OUCH (UK) had hoped, shrooms are now illegal in the UK.  Prior to that they were only illegal in OUCH (UK).  

BUT it is NOT against the law to talk / write about them.  If you don't believe me then you can try engaging a policeman in a conversation about shrooms.  Guess what?  He won't arrest you!  You can also try writing to your Chief Constable about shrooms.  Guess what?  You still won't get arrested.  You can paint the words "I LOVE MAGIC MUSHROOMS" on the roof of your house.  Guess what?  Still free to roam at large immune from the threat of prosecution.  The ONLY place it is 'illegal' *ROFLMMFAO* to discuss shrooms is OUCH (UK).

All that stuff about OUCH (UK)s legal advisers is made up crud.  It's PHONEY.  Want to check?  Well I have easily and independently verified that nobody is going to close down their website or message board, remove their charitable status, prosecute them, or sue them for permitting discussion on shrooms.  And the chances of the same happening with RC seeds or HBW are less than zero.  Let's just be quite clear on this.  My sources?  The Home Office (our equivalent of the State Department), the Charities Commission for Engalnd & Wales, and also a litigation expert than I independently consulted off the record.  

The Home Office: "It is within the law to discuss illegal drugs."

The Charities Commission: "It would have no impact on the charitable status of OUCH (UK), if their message board contained references to illegal drug taking, or use of banned substances.  We are aware of other charities where this already occurs".

The litigator: "Provided OUCH (UK) published a disclaimer, there would be no basis for a lawsuit, public or private prosecution against them".

So last time I checked I was still living in the free half of the globe Smiley  Weird huh?

Anyone can confirm likewise BTW.  Please be my guest!  Meaning that OUCH (UK) can also easily check this themselves first hand.  It only took me couple of hours on the phone.  I have kept my actual sources anonymous because it wouldn't be fair to expose them to an Internet bun fight.

So let's speculate on the real reasons for OUCH (UK) banning all discussion on shrooms, RC seeds, and HBW?  Could it be that the strong personal right wing views of certain people in positions of power within OUCH (UK) are being foisted on the rest of us?  This would not be a problem, except for the fact that OUCH (UK) lays claim to be the voice of people with CH in the UK.  

Worse still I suspect that had OUCH (UK) lobbied against the change to the legal status of magic mushrooms FOR CONFIRMED CH SUFFERERS, then there's a good chance that the plight of people with CH would have received wider attention.   We may even have been granted some dispensation.

For those that do not consider this to be a big deal, then let's examine an alternative scenario.  Imagine if shrooms had been found to cure cancer, but in their infinite wisdom the people in charge of the 'offical' cancer charity had taken the same stance as OUCH (UK), and denied people their chance of life in order to comply with their own agenda.  Fuck me... there'd be an outcry.  Wouldn't there?

Of course the standard response these days is the "Go build your own website!".  We have done, it's at www.clusterbusters.com, and all OUCH (UK) has to do is link to it with a disclaimer page inserted in-between,a nd permit open discussion of ALL treatments.  Also try typing in anything with clusterheadaches and UK into your URL line and it forwards you to OUCH (UK)... looks like they got the registrations all sewed up!

So everytime I think of some chronic out there in the UK, suffering every day for the past 7 years that this information should have been widely available... you know what I wonder?  WHO ARE THESE SICK FUCKS?  My grandfathers fought a war to get rid of shit like that.
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2005, 12:23pm by Flash » IP Logged
MOBster
New Board Junior

"LAMH LAIDIR IN UACHTAR"

« Reply #20 on: Nov 3rd, 2005, 12:22pm »

Back with your usual Craig - oh suprise  Shocked

Set up your own site then and leave us alone - oh no, you won't do that will you - strange that.....

Michael
IP Logged

Flash

Email

« Reply #21 on: Nov 3rd, 2005, 12:28pm »

on Nov 3rd, 2005, 12:22pm, MOBster wrote:
Back with your usual Craig - oh suprise  Shocked

Set up your own site then and leave us alone - oh no, you won't do that will you - strange that.....

Michael

So given that you don't deny any of this, then can we take it that OUCH (UK) is in fact lying about their *COUGH* legal advice?  And that they have been willfully withholding this information from people for several years?

Your whole organisation needs to resign.  Oh but what about all the valuable work you do helping people find the right medication and supporting them?  Fact is that people who are PF don't need your support.  Seen that film Misery?  You're the pig lady.
IP Logged
Flash

Email

« Reply #22 on: Nov 3rd, 2005, 12:30pm »

And what exactly is "The Strong Hand From Above"?
IP Logged
Flash

Email

« Reply #23 on: Nov 3rd, 2005, 12:33pm »

http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/registeredcharities/showcharity.asp ?chyno=1091919

Check out Objects.  Try reading it more carefully.

And also note that your accounts are more than 2 years out of date.  So much for the law eh?

Just so that OUCH (UK) members are aware, that means they have inccured a fine in excess of £1000.  Seriously.  That's where some of your donations have gone to.

AWESOME!
IP Logged
Flash

Email

« Reply #24 on: Nov 3rd, 2005, 12:38pm »

Information on late filing penalties:

http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/about/gbhtml/gba5.shtml
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss