Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 9:15pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « need volunteer »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   need volunteer
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: need volunteer  (Read 2133 times)
jckgales
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

need volunteer
« on: Nov 17th, 2005, 8:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I had floridian check into this juice ive been taking and he said it was possible that it could be whats making my ha's go away but wasnt for sure. He posted some info on xanthones in his web site. I need someone out there to try it and post on how its working for them . I think its whats working for me.
Jackie Gales
jckgales11@charter.net
IP Logged
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

Re: need volunteer
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17th, 2005, 8:21pm »

Hot Dog - another Beta Test.

Sorry I can't help - out of cycle now.  I'll be anxious to hear about your results, though.  Keep us informed.

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Nov 17th, 2005, 8:22pm »

Is it called noni juice?
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
floridian

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 18th, 2005, 10:30am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

No, it is mangosteen juice. I did some digging and posted some preliminary thoughts at:  

http://www.med-owl.com/clusterheadaches/tiki-index.php?page=Xanthones
IP Logged
kcopelin
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

good grief

« Reply #4 on: Nov 18th, 2005, 1:03pm »

I'am in cycle and totally game to try this.  Grabbing keys, rushing out door to Health food store.  Will e-mail and post results.
PFDAN y'all,
kathy
IP Logged

Words count, chose carefully.
kcopelin
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

good grief

« Reply #5 on: Nov 18th, 2005, 4:31pm »

That is some expensive stuff!!! One qt bottle was 42.00-so I got the capsules at a more reasonable $17.  Nothing yet.
kathy
IP Logged

Words count, chose carefully.
kayarr
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

kayarr2k  
Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 19th, 2005, 3:16am »

Hi,
The juice is pricey.  I did find costco.com to have 32 ounces for 17.98.
Do you think that the pills would do the same thing?
IP Logged

Nothing is impossible! Just believe!!!!!
kayarr
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

kayarr2k  
Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 19th, 2005, 3:18am »

Oh, it says take one ounce.  Is that the amount you are trying?
IP Logged

Nothing is impossible! Just believe!!!!!
jckgales
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: Nov 19th, 2005, 10:11am »

Its called Xango One bottle will last 2 to 3 wks I take 1 oz in morning 1oz at lunch and 2 to 3 oz in evening. It took about 3 wks to notice, dont know if it was cause i started taking more at night or if it just had to get into my system.  I am a distributor to get it cheeper it costs 25.00 a blt plus shipping and there is 4 per case. I am not aware of any pill form. But some family members are telling me it helping their arthritis and my dads blood pressure is down? I did run out last weekend and had 2 ha's. Started back mon. and have had only one? It is expensive but if its working without nasty side effects im staying with it. My hits are about same time every night thats why i started taking more at night.  
Jackie
Juicyrewards.com or the mangosteen site floridian posted has lots of info.
IP Logged
jckgales
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #9 on: Nov 19th, 2005, 10:13am »

Also its only suppost to retail for 39.95 not 42.00 not much diff. but every dollar counts
IP Logged
rextangle

Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 21st, 2005, 8:27pm »

I had a friend who sold that Xango stuff...
He gave me a few bottles (for free), but it didn't do squat for CH. I liked the taste, but I think it's a hype.

But again people, I don't know anything and 99% of the stuff that's "supposed to help" doesn't help me.

$40 a bottle? Gee, I wish I knew that  when I got them, I would have sold them on Ebay.

IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #11 on: Nov 21st, 2005, 9:13pm »

Hhmmm. That website link that floridian posted has some interesting things on it. Most interesting is on the left side titled Top Pages and Last Pages. Looks to me like the topics are all copied and pasted from clusterheadaches.com. Even the movie Pi is mentioned. Hhmmmm….

If it sounds to good to be true.............
Can you say pyramid scheme?
Quotes claimed at : (copied and pasted from)
http://www.mangosteen-juice.tv/

Xango Mangosteen is the premier dietary supplement full of Xanthones, an antioxidant more powerful than any vitamin!

Keep your body invigorated, rejuvenated, and energized

Also know as the queen fruit

contains xanthones, an incredibly potent antioxidant with many incredible health benefits ranging from immune system protection to positive mental support.

a heavenly delicious beverage

the new super star of liquid health

the most successful food supplement... EVER

sign-up as a Xango Distributor

Now, my 2 cents: LMAO! Give me a fuckin break. This stuff is just a joke, right?

Now to get real………..
Quotes copied and pasted from the Wise Geek at:
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-mangosteen-juice.htm

nutritionists have not tested the countless claims of mangosteen juice bottlers,

many companies profess that this "Queen of Fruit" can cure everything from cancer to dysentery to bacterial infections.

No major studies on humans have proven that drinking mangosteen juice on a  
daily basis would offer significant improvement in illness.

mangosteen juice has no significant advantage over a healthy diet of fruits and vegetables rich in antioxidants,

a folk remedy
It’s unlikely that mangosteen juice offers cures, but it does make a sweet and tasty, if expensive, beverage.

IP Logged

floridian

Email

« Reply #12 on: Nov 22nd, 2005, 2:29pm »

on Nov 21st, 2005, 9:13pm, BobG wrote:
Hhmmm. That website link that floridian posted has some interesting things on it. Most interesting is on the left side titled Top Pages and Last Pages. Looks to me like the topics are all copied and pasted from clusterheadaches.com. Even the movie Pi is mentioned. Hhmmmm….

LOL ... that is my website! While I admit to learning things from this board, I also do a fair dinkum of research and writing on my own.  Not sure why the Pi page has stayed in the top 10 since the start of my site.  

I won't argue that many of the people selling mangosteen juice are heavy on the hype - they obviously are. But the plant does contain some unusual compounds with interesting properties. Does it help with CH?  Dunno, maybe, maybe not.  

« Last Edit: Nov 22nd, 2005, 2:37pm by floridian » IP Logged
jckgales
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #13 on: Nov 22nd, 2005, 5:30pm »

Not trying to make $ off this site,  I just tried it cause i heard it was helping alot of people. and I,m about sick of all the crap I take .I spend 50 bucks for 6 zomig tablets 30$ for stadol and  a deductible for 02 I'm sick of these friggin headaches and want something healthy. It didnt help me the first 3 weeks but then I just started getting better. I ran out of juice sat. Last night I got hit 3 times in the middle of the night. maybe it wont work for everybody but  I  its the only thing that Ive done different. I will send  2 blts. to someone who is serious and wants to give it a honest try. I really think its whats helping me.
Jackie
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #14 on: Nov 22nd, 2005, 8:03pm »

on Nov 22nd, 2005, 2:29pm, floridian wrote:

LOL ... that is my website!  

I did not realize it was your website. It sure has a lot of wonderful things to say about the queen fruit. So…….I have to ask, floridian, are you also a distributor?

on Nov 17th, 2005, 8:09pm, jckgales wrote:
I had floridian check into this juice ive been taking

Jackie, in your opening post you say ask floridian to check into the juice.

Then you post:
on Nov 19th, 2005, 10:11am, jckgales wrote:
I am a distributor

So…….I have to ask, if you are a distributor, why did you ask floridian to research the juice? Did you not research it yourself before getting a distributorship? Or, do you not have any faith in your product? Or?

I’m confused. So, for now I’ll remain with my pyramid scheme/scam remark Please convince me otherwise.
IP Logged

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Nov 22nd, 2005, 8:11pm »

on Nov 22nd, 2005, 8:03pm, BobG wrote:

So, for now I’ll remain with my pyramid scheme/scam remark Please convince me otherwise.

WTF?

This COULD be wrong on so many levels, but I will hold my tongue......but not for long Grin
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: Nov 22nd, 2005, 8:25pm »

it wreaks of dishonesty...
he starts out and says he's taking the juice...
THEN he brings up that he's a distributor....

I'm with BobG on this one....

jck, dump your distributorship and we'll talk...
otherwise it's shameless profiteering....
« Last Edit: Nov 22nd, 2005, 8:28pm by vig » IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #17 on: Nov 22nd, 2005, 9:02pm »

Quote:
I need someone out there to try it and post on how its working for them . I think its whats working for me.  
Jackie Gales  
jckgales11@charter.net

on Nov 19th, 2005, 10:11am, jckgales wrote:
 I am a distributor to get it cheeper it costs 25.00 a blt plus shipping and there is 4 per case. I am not aware of any pill form. But some family members are telling me it helping their arthritis and my dads blood pressure is down?  

Juicyrewards.com or the mangosteen site floridian posted has lots of info.

Quote:
Also its only suppost to retail for 39.95 not 42.00 not much diff. but every dollar counts

Quote:
Not trying to make $ off this site,

Quote:
I will send  2 blts. to someone who is serious and wants to give it a honest try

Quote:
It didnt help me the first 3 weeks but then I just started getting better

I like BobG's questions.  

The seller wants us to try it and leaves a e-mail addy for responses, then divulges being a distributor, cost, price, and samples, although says it takes three weeks for results.  Where were we to buy the amount needed after the samples, hey, he's a distributor!

And in case you have family members with other ailments, good for arthritis and blood pressure too.  Another selling point.
Quote:
some family members are telling me it helping their arthritis and my dads blood pressure is down?
« Last Edit: Nov 22nd, 2005, 10:32pm by Kevin_M » IP Logged
kissmyglass
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Don't Mix Triptans

Email

« Reply #18 on: Nov 22nd, 2005, 9:50pm »

on Nov 22nd, 2005, 5:30pm, jckgales wrote:
Not trying to make $ off this site,  I just tried it cause i heard it was helping alot of people.  
Jackie

Who & where are all these "a lot of people""??  Any real clusterhead who had some majic juice to stop clusters would pass it out to us all for free i'm sure. I know I would.
Kev
IP Logged

"It does so fucking look like her" - Picasso
[img][/img]
floridian

Email

« Reply #19 on: Nov 22nd, 2005, 10:02pm »

on Nov 22nd, 2005, 8:03pm, BobG wrote:

I did not realize it was your website. It sure has a lot of wonderful things to say about the queen fruit. So…….I have to ask, floridian, are you also a distributor?

Nope. I am not a distributor of Xango or any mangosteen products, have never sold it, have never tried it.  I just did some digging into the literature and wrote about it.  In theory it might help, but I don't know if the amount present in the typical serving is enough to exert the calcium channel blocking, PKC inhibtion, or other properties that are mentioned in the scientific literature.  

I did have a year off from CH in 2000, have written about it before on this board.  I started taking St. Johns Wort (another rich source of xanthone pigments, among other things).  I took a double dose  twice daily, every day from early January 2000 to March 2001 due to an extreme crisis in my family. My usual July-August-September fun was cancelled that year.   Was it the St. Johns wort?  I don't know.  If it was the SJW, was it the xanthones?  Again, I don't know.   I do know that others have taken SJW with no improvement, although I did start months before my usual cycle and took a heavy dose of the stuff.  But one data point doesn't pin down an eel in muddy waters - with the seemingly random fluctuations in CH activity, the fact that I missed a year is not the same thing as firm evidence.  

I am determined to find better treatements for CH, and have proposed all kinds of possibilities, from proven things like melatonin and magnesium, to (then) unknown things like kudzu, to 'officially unproven but finally on the scientific radar' treatements like clusterbusters, to still controversial and unproven things like changes in diet.  I try to present things accurately, because I know the pain and I know I want people to give me accurate info.    

« Last Edit: Nov 22nd, 2005, 10:08pm by floridian » IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #20 on: Nov 22nd, 2005, 10:10pm »

Thank you Floridian, my apologies for dragging your name through this thread.
IP Logged

jon019

Email

« Reply #21 on: Nov 22nd, 2005, 10:34pm »

Hi Jackie,

Note the high level of skepticism you have seen here? Wonder why? Consider the potions, poultices, pyramids,
and pullshit we have been subjected to.

I have no problem with a man trying to earn a living. If you believe in something, go for it. That said, at $40 a bottle, being a "volunteer" is an expensive proposition for people already spending ridiculous amounts for what science has come up with.

Speaking of science, since this is obviously a miracle cure, and you have an in as a distributor, why don't you convince your manufacturer to sponsor scientific studies of this juice? Anecdotal evidence is worthless. Give us some science. They can afford it. At $40+ a bottle they REALLY can afford it , and since it's so good, the results will bound to be incredible.

There are over 9000 of us here who are just itching to "volunteer". I do note that any scientific study I have ever heard of usually PAYS the subjects, or at least covers expenses. You don't BUY it, you risk your health to TRY it.  

Looking forward to your announcement of clinical trials.

Regards

Jon
IP Logged
clarence
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake up

nailinmyeye
WWW Email

« Reply #22 on: Nov 22nd, 2005, 11:21pm »

on Nov 22nd, 2005, 10:02pm, floridian wrote:

I am determined to find better treatements for CH, and have proposed all kinds of possibilities, from proven things like melatonin and magnesium, to (then) unknown things like kudzu, to 'officially unproven but finally on the scientific radar' treatements like clusterbusters, to still controversial and unproven things like changes in diet.  I try to present things accurately, because I know the pain and I know I want people to give me accurate info.    

And I thank you for it my CH burdened friend.

Casey
IP Logged

NY Yankees Suck!!!

"Bart, don't make fun of Grad students. They just made a terrible life decision," Marge Simpson

Where I live: http://rainfallsoneveryone.com
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #23 on: Nov 23rd, 2005, 12:34am »

on Nov 22nd, 2005, 10:02pm, floridian wrote:
I am determined to find better treatements for CH, and have proposed all kinds of possibilities

Fuckeneh. And I've got a Neti pot to prove it.
If Ms. Jackie is a shill/mole/plant, then she's been thoughtful enough to join last winter, and not start a Watts Riot until now.. Since I can't get the "Last 16 Posts" utility to work, I have No Idea about her history. Do you'se guys?

jon019 has a good point. Jackie, if you're not a schill, get the head honchos to donate a tub of this stuff for an acid test. They should be more than receptive to the idea, unless you were just lucky, and the new juice is a hoist job. Beta testing, CH.com style.....you go first.

NetiMasx. The next generation.
RJ
« Last Edit: Nov 23rd, 2005, 2:31am by Mr. Happy » IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #24 on: Nov 23rd, 2005, 2:21am »

As I read this; all I could think of is how it reminded of the shit from that larcenous Kevin Trudeau.........Still, if for some reason someone here thinks it works, I'm not one to give them a hard time.  

Just use what's left of our pain-ridden heads.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss