Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 9:15am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Kudzu changing CH chemistry? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Kudzu changing CH chemistry?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Kudzu changing CH chemistry?  (Read 751 times)
Melissa

Email

Kudzu changing CH chemistry?
« on: Nov 27th, 2005, 9:02am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Ok, I'm no chemist or anything, but I swear that something has definately changed since taking Kudzu for 2 months (Aug.-Oct.).  

Last night I woke with a 10 min. K2 hit.  I kept saying "shit, not now", but after just sort of stepping outside myself and observing what was happening to me, I realized that this was very out of the norm for me.  I also looked at it saying that since my life is so good outside the clusters, that if this is my burden to bear, then I'm going to accept it.

Anyway, as I rocked in the recliner, I kept waiting for time to pass when I knew it would all be over.  Little did I know that when I went back to bed to check the clock after it was gone, only 10 minutes had passed!  I was shocked.

If anyone else who has taken the kudzu are finding thier CH's have changed, please post here.

Thanks,
mel

P.S. I also babysat my infant nephew overnight, so I got a total of 3 hours of sleep.  Not sure if that made me get hit or not, but thought I'd add that, since my cycle really isn't due till next year. Undecided
« Last Edit: Nov 27th, 2005, 9:03am by Melissa » IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: Kudzu changing CH chemistry?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27th, 2005, 10:43am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I think so, Mel. While I was on kudzu, I experienced "silent" or "phantom" attacks (autonomic symptoms without pain) and actual attacks shortened significantly. The real attacks that I did have were often absent of any autonomic symptoms. That is still the case. Only hits above a k7 cause a teary, droopy eye and runny nose.  
When I first got off the kudzu completely, the attacks became much worse (in intensity) than they were before it, also.  
To this day, I rarely have a hit last more than 20 minutes and the autonomic symptoms are still mostly absent. I think busting and kudzu have a similar effect, though, so that may explain why the changes continue. JMHO, nani

PS: it's awfully nice to babysit your nephew. I don't usually volunteer for overnights until they're sleeping through it, LOL.
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Melissa

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 29th, 2005, 6:55am »

Ok, that's 2 of us, any others?

IP Logged
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 29th, 2005, 1:23pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

As a Kudzu user since February 24, 2005, I will have to say that it's use has definitely changed my CH.

The first 2 weeks on Kudzu, my CH seemed relentless.  Constant hits....very few less than a Kip10.  I was ready to give up and trash the 'Zu....but testimonials here, kept me going.  I stayed the course, obviously I lived thru the hits, and things got remarkedbly better.

Into week 3 the CH basically came to a halt.   As time passed, I did have some shadows...and did have some very low level CH.   The one thing I noticed....the hits were shorter.   5 maybe 10 minutes was it.   Sometimes I would wake...at my normal 2a.m. hit time, and realize that I had no pain.   I think Andrew Sewell calls these...silent attacks.   The stuffy nostril...a bit of droop in my right eye....but virtually no pain.   I have had the traditional hot flash associated with the CH, but again, no pain.

August 10th, my normal cycle time, I awoke with a Kip 10.   I panicked....just knew that the dreaded CH cycle was at hand.    This hit lasted 37 minutes.    That Kip 10 on the 10th of August, was the last real CH I've had.   Just that one.....and since then I've been basically painfree.   Even the shadows and silent attacks stopped.

I have taken the Kudzu faithfully since February.   I have to believe that there's something in the Kudzu that has made a differrence for me.  

I do believe that it it caused some sort of property change to CH, because of the shortened time of the hits that I had.   I can't explain the 37 minutes of unbearable pain I experienced in August, other than the beast letting me know that he's still there.    

December, according to my headache diary, is traditionally bad for me.   For me, this will be the real test of the Kudzu.   However, as long as the Kudzu shortens the time as proven in the last 9 months, I think I can make it thru.   I was able to totally bypass the August cycle...and I really have no reason to think December will be different.    

I am one of the 13 studies with Dr. Sewell on the use of Kudzu for CH.   It will be interesting to see the results of his study.   No benefit comes to the 13 of us....other than the compilation of the combined information and possibly a future publication of CH and Kudzu.   But then...any publication of CH is beneficial to all of us.    

In a recent visit to my doctor's office, my normal GP was not in, and I was seen by a "stand-in" doctor.   This doctor is retired Military, and is extremely knowledgeable about CH.   I was amazed and we talked for 40 minutes about CH.   The last patient with CH he treated was 7 or 8 years ago, before he retired from the Military.   Even though he has an active medical practice, he has no patients with CH.   He asked for the web address to this board, and also for Jonathan's web owl addy.   He felt that he had lost touch and lacked alot of the knowledge of recent viable treatments used by CH sufferers.   He was visibly amazed when I spoke of this board....and the knowledge we sufferers have gained from the sharing of our personal experiences with various meds and methods.

I have to believe that education of our docs and the pharmaceutical companies will one day give CH the attention we so desperately need.    It has to happen in order for us sufferers to be able to get a fair shake from the high cost of the meds, and easier accessibility to these meds via our insurance companies.

Jean

IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
Melissa

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 29th, 2005, 2:31pm »

Thanks for the post Jean.  

One thing odd with me, is that I quit taking the Kudzu at the beginning of October.  So the fact I got hit for 10 minutes one night 3 days ago, is strange. Undecided  The real test for me will come in 2006, when I am due for my cycle.  I am expecting it either in July or Sept.

One thing I CAN say, when asked the question if I have ever gotten hit out of cycle, I can say "yes".

Hopefully whatever is in the Kudzu, has changed things permanently...
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss