Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 3:39pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Do you get hit while you are trying to sleep? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Do you get hit while you are trying to sleep?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Do you get hit while you are trying to sleep?  (Read 1840 times)
thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Hit like a phillips head into my brain."

Re: Do you get hit while you are trying to sleep?
« Reply #25 on: Dec 8th, 2005, 9:09am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Dec 7th, 2005, 11:27pm, Roxy wrote:
Uh....duh....this may sound really stupid, but I thought everyone with CH got hit at night.  The night hits for me are those that nothing will stop, they come every night just like clockwork.

Are there really ch'ers that don't get that rem hit?

Rox

I just posed that question for noobs who may have not tried melatonin yet.  It's just a friendly reminder. Grin

BTW you're the best Roxy!  Kiss
IP Logged

Religion and sex are powerplays. Manipulate the people for the money they pay. Selling skin, selling God, the numbers look the same on their credit cards. Triptans cause rebounds. Learn it, believe it, live it. I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.
cazman
New Board Veteran
USA 

if ya dont like it take a walk

kingcazman
Email

« Reply #26 on: Dec 9th, 2005, 11:47pm »

thats all i had for yearts was night hits like clock work 1am 3 am 5 am over and over i tried the meatonin my self worked for two nights that was it i also tried amitriptyline that was huge mistake for me made the beast extremley angry wont do that again. the last cycle before i started the alternatives i was getting dayhits that was new to me. right now i think im ok at least for now other than strange painless hits [see my post} i dunno one day at time.
IP Logged
gobby
New Board Junior
USA 

I wish I had Migrains instead!

« Reply #27 on: Dec 10th, 2005, 1:25am »

Ya, that's how mine start....2am, 5, 7, 9, like as everyone says, "clockwork".  Then the daytime hammers begin, usually at 1pm and 4pm and if I'm really unlucky 9 and 11 also.  Melatonin hasn't done anything for me yet.  I've been taking it for 2 weeks now, started at 9mg then uped it to 11mg and now I'm back to 9mg.  I took 1 benedryl  with it tonight (don't have to work tomorrow, just in case) we'll see how this turns out.  Anyway in a kinda' sick way I'm glad to see the daytime hits start.  It lets me know my cycle is progressing and these days it always has to get worse before it gets better.  The sooner I scream..........the sooner it's over.

Take care all
IP Logged

Things that don't kill us only make us wish we were dead.
paul_pero
New Board Junior
Australia 

zdrastvuyte

« Reply #28 on: Dec 10th, 2005, 2:23am »

when in cyle get hit at night almost everynight. tried melatonin last cycle and it threw the CHs all over the place. still got some at night, but got a lot more during the day.
IP Logged
Maggi Jons
New Board Newbie
Iceland 

« Reply #29 on: Dec 10th, 2005, 8:32am »

one hour after i go to sleep is almost certain! when in cycle as now  
sometimes melantonin 12 mg  helps but thats just sometimes and then i get them all over in the 24
IP Logged

maggi
purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #30 on: Dec 10th, 2005, 3:05pm »

I don't sleep before 1 am or I will get hit. I stay up till around 1:30 to 2 am, then I sleep till 4:30 when I get up for work. Melatonin never worked for me. I'm used to it now. I don't dream much anymore. Sometimes I'll sleep a little longer. I rarely get woken up with a hit anymore. If I sleep too long, like over 4 hours, I'll get hit right after I wake up.

Being woken up with a hit is the worst. It's already gone on too long to stop it most of the time.
IP Logged

mcf69
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I am acutely aware of where my trigeminal nerve is

mcf692001   mcf692001
WWW Email

« Reply #31 on: Dec 10th, 2005, 11:01pm »

Sleep?, I fear sleep.....  I've never got hit during the day, except when just waking up, but when I sleep it's just like clockwork, about 60-90 minutes and BAM!  Interesting thing I've noted this time around, I've been trying melatonin and all it does is move the attacks further into the night, if I take more than 3mg the first attack doesn't hit until about 2-3 hrs after I fall asleep, anymore than 6 and I don't get hit until I wake up.  I've learned I would rather have the first hit early, abort, then get some good sleep rather than putting it off until morning when I have to get up and get going.  Just my 2 cents.
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #32 on: Dec 11th, 2005, 9:31am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
Do you get hit while you are trying to sleep?

Um, ya. Angry
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss