Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 6:16am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Antipsychotics »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Antipsychotics
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Antipsychotics  (Read 1891 times)
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

Re: Antipsychotics
« Reply #25 on: Dec 8th, 2005, 4:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Other than an infrequent migraine I have had no cluster headaches in over 2 years except for the time when I quit taking my meds and then I started getiting hit again.  So back on the meds I went.  I have been on the cymbalta for 2 weeks now and have had no problems with it.  It has not effected me at all as far as ch goes.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Melissa

Email

« Reply #26 on: Dec 8th, 2005, 4:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Thanks for the info. Karla.  I appreciate it.

mel
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #27 on: Dec 11th, 2005, 12:09am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey guys does that Cymbalta work at all for anything ? My doc prescribed it a while back but when I read side effects I said NOOOOO.......all that stuff makes me gain too much weight and impossible to get rid of it. After goin thru paxil hell I jus don't have too much faith in any of that stuff cuz the side effects are enuff alone to depress me. Doc said no weight gain with it (yeah rite) and I heard nausia was a big side effect. Me and nausia don't get along......I get nautious too easily as it is. Jus wonder'd cuz I never filled the script......doc sudgested it for chronic back pain. Gaining weight adds to that bad.....so what's the point Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Melissa

Email

« Reply #28 on: Dec 11th, 2005, 9:18am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Dec 11th, 2005, 12:09am, cootie wrote:
Hey guys does that Cymbalta work at all for anything ? My doc prescribed it a while back but when I read side effects I said NOOOOO.......all that stuff makes me gain too much weight and impossible to get rid of it. After goin thru paxil hell I jus don't have too much faith in any of that stuff cuz the side effects are enuff alone to depress me. Doc said no weight gain with it (yeah rite) and I heard nausia was a big side effect. Me and nausia don't get along......I get nautious too easily as it is. Jus wonder'd cuz I never filled the script......doc sudgested it for chronic back pain. Gaining weight adds to that bad.....so what's the point Pam

Pam, if you can wait out the shitty side effects, they do go away eventually.  I have not gained any weight myself by being on it and yes, it does work.  There are many people with fibromyalgia who take it for the pain and for them it has worked greatly.  It also is a very fast working med for panic/anxiety disorder and depression.  I have all of those and within only 4 hours of taking my first pill, I noticed a difference and things got better each day afterwards.  (I've also noticed that my cluster cycle is HUGELY more mild than my previous ones and I attribute it to being on the Cymbalta)

Anyway, do a google search on it to find testamonials.

Good luck hon, hope you can find something for relief.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss