Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 6:55pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Me and my shadows?   »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Me and my shadows?  
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Me and my shadows?    (Read 474 times)
findjoshua
New Board Junior
USA 

findjoshua
Email

Me and my shadows?  
« on: Dec 9th, 2005, 7:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Ok.  Clusters for years already, but not shadows, if that's what this/these are.  Lately, AFTER a severe cluster is gone, it seems to linger in a dull, kind of indescribable annoying feeling in the front part of my head (right side.)  Is this a shadow?  Does oxygen help this?  Does anything?

Ugh.

Joshua
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

Re: Me and my shadows?  
« Reply #1 on: Dec 9th, 2005, 8:37pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Yuppers.  That'd be a shadow.  They suck.  Anyway, there are multitudes of things you can take for them, such as Aleve (which doesn't cause rebounds) or Excedrin Migraine (which should be taken sparingly), or guzzling coffee helps some too.  Do a search on shadows and they'll be lots of posts with suggestions.

take care,
mel

p.s. as to O2 working for them, YMMV
IP Logged
cazman
New Board Veteran
USA 

if ya dont like it take a walk

kingcazman
Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 9th, 2005, 11:50pm »

yeah shadows are annoying as hell at least they are not full hits think of it that way.
IP Logged
chewy

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 10th, 2005, 12:50am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

When shadows persist I will knock back a 20 mg prednisone. Ussually eliminates them for an extended period.
IP Logged
findjoshua
New Board Junior
USA 

findjoshua
Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 10th, 2005, 9:02am »

Hey all, thanks for the quick confirmations. Smiley  All I had was Advil migraine, so I took that, and it more or less worked I think.  I used to take high high doses of Prednisone for asthma, so try to stay away from it now just because I'm not too fond of it.  I started Verapamil a week or so ago so I'm hoping I get some relief from that.
Smiley
Joshua
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #5 on: Dec 10th, 2005, 9:26am »

on Dec 10th, 2005, 9:02am, findjoshua wrote:
I started Verapamil a week or so ago so I'm hoping I get some relief from that.

The amount of verapamil needed to help can vary.  Don't give up on it because it's not effective at the first prescribed dosage.  Talk to your doctor if it is not working well for you and see what he/she is willing to allow you.  
  I got nothing at the 360mg first prescribed during a cycle.  With a gradual progression, a slight relief at 480mg and then at 600mg I was sleeping through the night for once as the cycle was gaining steam.  
  Side effects (for me, sluggishness) were noticable for a little while but gradually became less of an issue, although I'm quick to test tapering down again when things are going well, not taking more than needed as the cycle weakens.  
  If I'm wrong about decreasing, in about 48 hours I'll know and increase again for awhile before trying again, keeping the O2 real handy for about two nights self-induced dork-a-rama wake-up calls.

« Last Edit: Dec 10th, 2005, 9:32am by Kevin_M » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss