Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 3:35am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Going to be trying the seeds (renamed thread) »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Going to be trying the seeds (renamed thread)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Going to be trying the seeds (renamed thread)  (Read 2052 times)
Melissa

Email

Going to be trying the seeds (renamed thread)
« on: Dec 11th, 2005, 9:09am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Is there any information on any contrainidications between the two?  I take the cymbalta for depression & severe anxiety with psychosis tendencies and was wondering if anyone has any information on what would happen if the two were taken together?

Thanks,
mel

edited to change the title of the thread to reflect the new path I'll be taking.
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2005, 12:36pm by Melissa » IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: Cymbalta and psilocybin
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11th, 2005, 9:13am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Post to the busters yahoo group.

They would know.

I'm with ya.

I have the seeds and will most likely do them (99%) sure but I'm tryin gto detox prior to anything.

Angst through the roof.

Read the whole CB site. very informative yet I do understand wanting to hear first hand.

Hugs

E
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Melissa

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 11th, 2005, 9:26am »

on Dec 11th, 2005, 9:13am, E-Double wrote:
Post to the busters yahoo group.

They would know.

I'm with ya.

I have the seeds and will most likely do them (99%) sure but I'm tryin gto detox prior to anything.

Angst through the roof.

Read the whole CB site. very informative yet I do understand wanting to hear first hand.

Hugs

E

I don't know their yahoo group, but will try to find it.  As for the seeds, I'd definately take that route due to it doesn't have much of the legality issues.

As for the Cymbalta, I cannot go off of it.  It would be highly dangerous right now for me to detox off of it as I would slip back into the hellish place I was in.  I had said back then, before the med, that I'd rather have clusters than to go through what I had just experienced. Embarassed

This sucks.
IP Logged
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 11th, 2005, 10:50am »

on Dec 11th, 2005, 9:09am, Melissa wrote:
Is there any information on any contrainidications between the two?  I take the cymbalta for depression & severe anxiety with psychosis tendencies and was wondering if anyone has any information on what would happen if the two were taken together?

Thanks,
mel

Mel www.clusterbusters.com should have a link to the yahoo groups.  Please email BobW - pinkfloyd regarding this at the email in your IM.

I'm concerned about the statement above regarding psychosis tendencies.  I'm by no means a guru in this subject matter which is why you NEED to speak with Bob, but I would be more concerned about the tendencies and the possible complications of that with using psilocybin over concern regarding contraindications of the cymbalta with psilocybin.

When dosing, the psilocybin has a tendency to enhance and/or magnify emotional state, and it is definitely not recommended for anyone with a pre-existing mental illness as it can trigger those illnesses.  

You've got my number, call me if you want.

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
Melissa

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 11th, 2005, 11:22am »

Thanks for the info Cat & E2.

Right now my depression is starting to magnify.  Any quality of life I had, is gone right now.  I am really down today, I look toward the sky and think of how right now I would welcome being up there. Cry  

I think that tomorrow, I am going to call my doc and see if he'll up my dosage of the Cymbalta.  I am on the lowest amount you can be on for any effect right now, so I don't think he'll have a problem doing so.

I can't take pushing away of my kids, the frustration from my husband and the feeling of uselessness anymore.  

Don't worry, I'm not suicidal, just really really down today....

p.s. who knows, maybe upping the dosage will help my ch's even more in addition to the depression from being in cycle.  I do believe that being on Cymbalta in the first place is what's preventing my attacks from being so frequent and more intense.
« Last Edit: Dec 11th, 2005, 11:25am by Melissa » IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #5 on: Dec 11th, 2005, 11:32am »

Sorry you're so down, melly. Keep your chin up, OK.  hug

I agree with Cat. Shrooms and potential psychosis are not a good combo. I don't know about seeds, though. Perhaps one of the more "learned" busters knows?

Hang in there, sweetie. hugs, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Beastfodder
New Board Old Timer
United_Kingdom 

O2 and clusterbusters - naturally

« Reply #6 on: Dec 13th, 2005, 9:47am »

Speak to the clusterbuster men Mel.

I've read their FAQ and nothing springs to mind in terms of contra-indictions with anti-depressants. It's more the ergotamine families of drugs you need out of your system before going down this route.

Can't praise this highly enough - totally changed my quality of life and hope it can for you too.  Looking back on years gone by it's a truly awful thing we go through, but it does stop (for most) and then things get better.

Finger's crossed we can help making you better, do ask if you need any help,

All the very best

Andrew
IP Logged

O2 and clusterbusters - naturally
Melissa

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 13th, 2005, 10:21am »

Thanks for the reply Andrew.  You should know though, that Cymbalta isn't just an antidepressant, it is also an antipsychotic.  Therein lies the problem if I were to take the alternative treatment.  I cannot go off my meds, or else I will suffer from psychosis as I am not ready mentally to cope with life untreated yet.  I will though, keep it in mind for whenever my next cycle wants to pop up, and it will probably be with the HBR seeds.  I should only have about 20 some odd days left in my cycle, so I'll tough it out for now.  I joined the yahoo group, so it'll help me prepare for the future.

Thanks again,
mel
IP Logged
dirky
New Board Newbie
Wales 

send the love round

« Reply #8 on: Dec 13th, 2005, 10:22am »

The issue has been discussed briefly on another forum  

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=232129

If you are lucky you can mail the chap who was asking the same question as yourself and find out what he discovered.
IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 13th, 2005, 3:06pm »

on Dec 11th, 2005, 9:26am, Melissa wrote:

I don't know their yahoo group, but will try to find it.  
This sucks.

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/TheClusterBusters/

Grin

I'm going to add that I think psilocybin has anti-depressant qualities too.
« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2005, 7:07pm by vig » IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
Flash

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 14th, 2005, 4:54am »

People with psychosis should not take hallucinogenic drugs beyond the threshold level.  But it might be OK to start with small doses of RC seeds and gradually increase these either until you find relief or start to feel a slight buzz.  But you must stop at the onset of a buzz.  Another option would be daily sip dosing which is sub hallucinogenic.  However attempt either of these and you must monitor your mental state very carefully, the slightest sign of any trouble (and I'm sure you know what those signs are) STOP!

Hallucinogenics may help depression, but depression may also lead to a bad trip.

Some antipsychotic drugs as reputed to bring people down off hallucinogenics, in which case they obviously block some of the actions.  Whether cymbalta is one on these drugs I do not know.
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 14th, 2005, 7:12am »

Flash, thank you. That was the answer I have been searching for.  My natural state of mental being is what I want, not something else.  I think I will get the seeds (after I figure out how I do that) and then test with small doses.  I am very intune with my mental capacity and follow my intuition very closely.  Any sign of trouble, and you bet I'll take action.  Thank goodness small doses of ANYthing work for me, so I know I won't go overboard.  I'll be doing more researching before I attempt and will keep everyone updated.

And to everyone else who responded to this thread, I do appreciate your imput.  Thank you.
IP Logged
Flash

Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 14th, 2005, 10:48am »

on Dec 14th, 2005, 7:12am, Melissa wrote:
Flash, thank you. That was the answer I have been searching for.  My natural state of mental being is what I want, not something else.  I think I will get the seeds (after I figure out how I do that) and then test with small doses.  I am very intune with my mental capacity and follow my intuition very closely.  Any sign of trouble, and you bet I'll take action.  Thank goodness small doses of ANYthing work for me, so I know I won't go overboard.  I'll be doing more researching before I attempt and will keep everyone updated.

And to everyone else who responded to this thread, I do appreciate your imput.  Thank you.

Start with 7-8 of the RC seeds and increase in increments of of 7 or 8 seeds.  Please note the applies only to RC seeds and not HBW seeds!  You probably should not exceed 30 RC seeds.

RC seeds should be ground and soaked for 24 hours in either water or alcohol.

Dose once every 5-7 days.

An alternative is sip dosing.  To sip dose:

1) Grind 15 seeds and soak for 24 hours.
2) First thing in the morning, shake the container, pour out 1/3rd of the mix, and consume in 1 gulp.
3) Prepared another 15 seeds and leave them soaking till for the next day.
4) 8 hours later... shake the container, pour out 1/3rd of the mix, and consume in 1 gulp.
5) At bedtime... shake the container, pour out 1/3rd of the mix, and consume in 1 gulp.

Repeat this every day for 1 week then take it from there depending on your success rate.

The basic idea is to consume 5 seeds every 8 hours.

This method sometimes works best after an initial dose of 20-30 seeds.

Another alternative is to only sip dose at the onset of each attack, but consume no more that 15 seeds in any 1 day, with the exception of the larger weekly doses.

I hope this information helps.  Post back if any part of it is unclear.  Be sure not to run out of seeds.
IP Logged
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: Going to be trying the seeds (renamed thread)
« Reply #13 on: Dec 14th, 2005, 3:39pm »

On Flashes excellent advice of sip dosing.  
What I did was found a bunch of those 1oz medicine cups that come with liquid meds. and prepared the 3 seed doses individually 4 at a time.
Seemed to work following a larger dose to maintain the benefits of the RC seeds.

MJ
IP Logged

MJ
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #14 on: Dec 14th, 2005, 3:42pm »

Even better advice "be sure to not run out of seeds" when sip dosing.
IP Logged

MJ
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 14th, 2005, 4:08pm »

I found that I was getting a little too laid back so, to get my edge back, I started taking damnital.  It's pretty potent stuff so I'd recommend you start with darnital first.

Now I'm my old self and ready to play.

Hi Flash!
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2005, 4:30pm by Bob P » IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
BikerBob
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #16 on: Dec 14th, 2005, 5:29pm »

on Dec 14th, 2005, 4:08pm, Bob P wrote:
I found that I was getting a little too laid back so, to get my edge back, I started taking damnital.  It's pretty potent stuff so I'd recommend you start with darnital first.

Now I'm my old self and ready to play.

Hi Flash!

Bob P, your avatar suits you very well.

BB
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: Dec 14th, 2005, 6:19pm »

How's that Honda runnin' BB?
IP Logged

"SHUT UP HUB!"
BikerBob
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #18 on: Dec 14th, 2005, 6:52pm »

on Dec 14th, 2005, 6:19pm, Bob P wrote:
How's that Honda runnin' BB?

If you're going to fuck around you should stay out of the Medications, Treatments, Therapies  forum.

BB
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: Dec 14th, 2005, 6:56pm »

I'll be sure to jot that down in "My Red Book".
IP Logged

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #20 on: Dec 14th, 2005, 8:17pm »

Good luck, Mel.  Please keep us informed!

Hugs,

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #21 on: Dec 14th, 2005, 8:41pm »

on Dec 14th, 2005, 6:52pm, BikerBob wrote:

If you're going to fuck around you should stay out of the Medications, Treatments, Therapies  forum.

BB

Oooooh, is the big bad BIKER going to start telling people where and what they can post?

Listen up, Dick for brains.....this is my house and what you say by way of posting means shit!

Unless you have a tattoo that says "DJ" under your ball sack, your just another slob around here so STFU!!!

"Honda".....LMMFAO Grin
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #22 on: Dec 14th, 2005, 8:48pm »

Good for you Melissa.

I'm right behind ya!

No comment fellas Wink

E
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #23 on: Dec 15th, 2005, 8:37am »

For the most part I ignore most of the back and forth shit on this board.  This time, I'm not going to.  Mel started a thread in the Meds section looking for help.  BobP, BikerBob, Jonny...have you talked to Mel lately on the phone?  Do you have an idea of what a rough time she is going through right now?  Several of us have jumped in on this thread to help MEL OUT.  Whether we are CB supporters or not, she has been told it's not a wise option for her to try psilocybin.  I"ve talked to her, she's done her homework and PLENTY of research.  

She's been given advice on how to approach this thing, in a way that she asked for.  This is NOT the thread for BobP and Flash to rekindle their war, and it is not a thread to be hijacked by anyone.  If the 3 of you wish to trade insults then why do it on a thread of Mel's?  Someone who's been here forever, someone who's helped countless people, someone who is reaching out and trying to get some help.

THIS thread is about MEL and about HER problems right now, and about trying to help HER.

I'm not the board police, I don't give a rat's ass about what you post or who you post it to, except this time.  This time, the name calling and battling needs to go away.  Not because I am trying to tell anyone what they can and can't post, but because I'm trying to make sure that a fellow clusterhead that we all have known for a very long time gets the attention to the issues she's asked about.

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #24 on: Dec 15th, 2005, 10:05am »

Hi Cat.  Looks like the Damnital is working for you too.
IP Logged

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss