Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 8:40pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Combining Kudzu with other meds »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Combining Kudzu with other meds
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Combining Kudzu with other meds  (Read 680 times)
simplevox
New Board Newbie
USA 

greenbride2004  
Email

Combining Kudzu with other meds
« on: Dec 14th, 2005, 3:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have tried to do some searches, but I'm not sure this particular answer is out there, so I am sorry if I am duplicating questions...  

I am currently on Cymbalta (30 mg) and Keppra (250 mg) for CH prevention, but I am wanting to try some of these herbal remedies since I am starting to shadow and fear a cycle is about to start.  Do you know if it is alright to take my prescription meds and also the Kudzu?  I just called my Neuro and he said I could take Melatonin and Magnesium with my current meds, but he had never heard of Kudzu... any thoughts?

Thanks!!
IP Logged

Simplevox
Melissa

Email

Re: Combining Kudzu with other meds
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14th, 2005, 3:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I am on Cymbalta 30mg daily and I have taken the Kudzu.  It seemed to be working well with only having 1 attack per night at low kip levels until lately.  I am on the Cymbalta for anxiety/panic disorder and depression (mostly the anxiety).  I haven't really had any problems taking the Kudzu with my med.

mel
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #2 on: Dec 14th, 2005, 7:37pm »

Hi SV, I was on Verapamil, Lithium and Neurontin when I started kudzu. I never had any problems. Kudzu will likely interfere with the effectiveness of Imitrex (and probably other triptans) if taken up to 2 hours before, but it hasn't been a problem for anyone.
Good luck and keep us posted.  
pain free wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 15th, 2005, 12:23am »

Cymbalta/Keppra cokktail........now threre's a new one, and for sure. As for adding Kudzu.........fact O de matter is..........nobody knows Jack. Try it, and see if it works, or kills you. Results anxiously awaited. (Although I got 4 jars in reserve, I don't believe the Kudzu hype. World's greatest placebo. Then again, I don't believe in Santa, the Easter Bunny or free Trex.)

Beta testing's hard work.
RJ
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss