Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 7:43pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « "Silent Sleepies" »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   "Silent Sleepies"
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: "Silent Sleepies"  (Read 811 times)
Squanto
New Board Junior
USA 

"Silent Sleepies"
« on: Dec 16th, 2005, 6:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm repeatedly amazed at the fine details of my (our) affliction that I learn here.

MJ and PinkFloyd recently discussed, almost as an aside, feeling extremely fatigued either not long before or at about the time a hit might be expected to happen.

PinkFloyd called these symptoms "silent sleepies."  Well said Pink!

It seemed to me that my shroom doses had smeared the rhythm of my headaches. That is, instead of coming at regular six hour intervals they'd lost their periodicity. The mountains and valleys of pain had sorta been lowered and leveled out a bit.

After reading MJ's comments, I began to pay attention to the subtle stuff. And even tho' my pattern recognition skills leave much to be desired, I find that I too have been experiencing "silent sleepies."  Sweaty forehead, irritated eye, nasal congestion, grumpy, and feeling really worn out at about the same time as my major hits used to occur.  

I've tried a couple of the less common remedies, (ginger powder in water, green hoji-cha tea, Red Bull) without any noticable benefit. OBTW: Is it just me is it a requirement that all of these "alternatives" taste bad?

Tomorrow it's time for another shroom "dose." It's been 7 days since the last and the headaches are ramping up again. I'll report my results on the other thread I started about "alternate therapy."

Squanto
« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2005, 6:51pm by Squanto » IP Logged
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: "Silent Sleepies"
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17th, 2005, 2:12am »

Sounds like your doing fairly well Squanto.

Regarding the alternative tastes; Have you tried chewing on the mainline meds?  

Best of luck today with the dose.

MJ
IP Logged

MJ
Squanto
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Dec 17th, 2005, 7:21am »

on Dec 17th, 2005, 2:12am, MJ wrote:

...Have you tried chewing on the mainline meds?  

Yep.  
I tried your suggestion of putting the crushed RC seeds in my mouth. Just got a gritty mess between my teeth. Spit lumps for hours afterwards.  I think my seeds were absent when the LSA was passed out. But not the dirt.

I also followed Nani's suggestion of putting a small chunk of shroom under my tongue. After a couple of times of "worrying" the thing around in there, trying  to keep it under my tongue, I now just pust a piece in my mouth and suck on it 'til it was "rehydrated" then chew on it for a while, swallowing whatever saliva is generated. When chunk has been chewed 'til it seems pointless to chew anymore, I spit the cud out. I don't mind the taste.

Flash and others have suggested the "GLUP" method. Making a batch of tea and on a regular schedule swigging a portion of the tea. Actually, from a pharmacologic (sp?) point of view this makes sense to me. Getting pretty much measured amounts of the active chemical on a schedule. But I haven't come up with a tea preparation that I don't have to screw up my courage to put in my mouth. The taste of my brews have really been a turn off for me. Tried lemon juice, sugar/honey, instant coffee and such Haven't made one yet that makes me say, "Hey that's pretty good! I think I'll have another swig." I guess it goes back to when I was a little sprout and my Mother annually dosed me with orange juince and casor oil, "Because you need it! Now shut up and swallow!"

I hear the kettle boiling. I outta  here for the trip. I'll be back later today.

Squanto

« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2005, 7:23am by Squanto » IP Logged
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Dec 18th, 2005, 2:41am »

ooops  
when I said mainline meds. I meant like pharmaceutical meds, the kind you get at the drug store.

Aspirin and the like. They taste terribler.
IP Logged

MJ
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss