Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 3:57am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Dosage Question »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Dosage Question
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Dosage Question  (Read 1283 times)
njbig
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Dosage Question
« on: Dec 21st, 2005, 7:07am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi All,  

New to this group. I just received my order of Kudzu Root from Nutraceutical Sciences Institute. It says to take (2) 1200mg capsules 3x/day. Is that the correct dosage for treatment of CH's?  

Thanks,  

Ken
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

Re: Dosage Question
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21st, 2005, 9:23am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Well, the amount  varies from person to person.  Some people just take whatever the directions say on the bottle.  As for myself, since I am med & vitamin sensitive, I usually take 1/2 that amount to see how my body reacts, then it always gives me room to increase if I need to.
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #2 on: Dec 21st, 2005, 10:04am »

Hi Ken. Welcome. Most folks found that between 3500 - 4500 mgs a day was most effective. I don't think your brand was one of the ones that early testers used. Generally, it's not advisable to go over the recommended amount on the bottle. The key seems to be pulsing your doses. Take your biggest dose about 2 hours before your most active CH time. ie: if you get hit only at night... take 1 in the morning, 2 in the evening and 3 at bedtime. Adjust according to your own schedule. The next most important thing is that when you figure out the optimal timing, don't miss the doses. Let us know how things go.  Smiley  pain free wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Melissa

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 21st, 2005, 10:35am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Nani, I also take the NSI (Neutraceutical Sciences Institute) brand.
IP Logged
gobby
New Board Junior
USA 

I wish I had Migrains instead!

« Reply #4 on: Dec 22nd, 2005, 1:58am »

Hi NJ,

I use the Vitamin World Brand, and it comes in 1000mg pills.  It says to take 2 a day, one in the morning and one at night, but that didn't seem to be doing anything, so I went to 3 a day, still nothing, then 1 every 6 hours, nothing.  Finally I'm at 2 every 6 hrs (8000mg a day)  and life seems much better now.  I'm still gettin' hit, but not as painful or as long. But Melissa is right, start low and see how your body reacts........you can always work your way up the ladder.  And give it time, don't just quit after a few days.

I hope it works for you........good luck!!
IP Logged

Things that don't kill us only make us wish we were dead.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss