Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 2:49am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Imitrex and Kudzu »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Imitrex and Kudzu
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Imitrex and Kudzu  (Read 1939 times)
njbig
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Imitrex and Kudzu
« on: Dec 28th, 2005, 9:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi All,

I just started taking Imitrex 50mg,Last Friday and it works wonders. I also started taking Kudzu 2 Fridays ago. I was reading thru some posts and it said not to take Kudzu and Imitrex together. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated. Also I started taking Topomax at the same time I started the Imitrex

Thanks,

Ken
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: Imitrex and Kudzu
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28th, 2005, 11:22pm »

Hi Ken. What we've learned about kudzu and Imitrex is that if you take kudzu up to 2 hours before you take Imitrex, it can render the trex ineffective. Are you taking Imitrex tablets? They won't help as an abortive since they take too long to get into your system. It's not the best idea to use it as a preventative. It's hard on your heart and can actually cause more CHs. I just saw your post about how much kudzu you're taking on another thread. Some of us have taken between 3600 - 4500 mgs of kudzu a day as a prevent, so you're probably taking enough. Keep us posted, OK?
pain free wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
njbig
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 8:24am »

Hi Nani,

I'm taking Imitrex 50mg tablets. I drink 24ozs of water when I take the medication and it seems to work well. I beleive the water disolves the tablet and allows it to enter my system quickly.
I stopped taking the Topomax, it made me foogy and I think it was giving me Kidney Stones, because I developed a pain on my left side. I stopped taking it last night and the pain has gone away.
I'm going to continue to take the Kudzu, 2x1200mg am/1x1200mg noon and 2x1200mg at bedtime.  
I was wondering, when do I stop taking the kudzu?

Thanks,

Ken
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 8:27am »

Topomax should be stopped slowly......taper.

good luck
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #4 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 9:47am »

Ken, if you want to continue using Imitrex as an abortive, ask your dr for the injections. They're far more effective than the tablets. Taper off the Topamax, and you're not the only one who's complained about the brain fog or kidney stones. There are other prevents out there.  
You can stop the kudzu after you feel this episode is over. It will not stop the episode, it will prevent some of the duration and intensity of the hits.  
PF wishes, nani
« Last Edit: Dec 29th, 2005, 3:21pm by nani » IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss