Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 1:39am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « depokote »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   depokote
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: depokote  (Read 818 times)
Jodi

Email

depokote
« on: Feb 17th, 2002, 7:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

[color=Purple][/color]
Just wanted to know if anyone has had any luck with depokote.  I just started taking it about 2 weeks ago,but my doctor said IT NEEDS TIME TO GET INTO YOUR SYSTEM I use Imitrex injections to abort but what about preveting them.
Thanks Jodi
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

Re: depokote
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17th, 2002, 8:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Welcone Jodi:

I took Depakote for seizures. It has some effect for them and I guess some here. It takes awhile to work and I hope you have luck with it. You'll no doubt get some emails about it.  Stick around, read the links and tell us more.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Shane

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 17th, 2002, 9:29pm »

Hello Jodi,
I tried Depacote for just under a year,It helped for a while,but then stopped helping.I also developed a distorted view of reality that made life difficult.My wife was very happy when I stopped using it.
Shane

IP Logged
bdenkew

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 17th, 2002, 10:51pm »

I tried it for a month or so without any luck. I also couldn'd handle the side effects of clumsiness and impaired driving (although I did anyway).  I had to go back to the #!@$ prednisone as a preventive.
IP Logged
DJ
CH.com Administrator
USA 

Got Sleep?

« Reply #4 on: Feb 17th, 2002, 11:46pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Jodi,

I also had bad side affect experiences with Depakote.  It made me really moody and basically turned me into a prick (at least that's what my ex-wife told me)! LOL

Seriously, I only took it for about two weeks.  Didin't do anything for my clusters, but really weirded my personality out.  Stopped taking it on my own.

Ever tried Verapamil?  Seems a good percentage of people have had good luck with Verapamil as a preventative.

Wink
DJ
IP Logged

I NEVER could have imagined! (April 11th, 1998 - present)

Adversity does not build character... it reveals it.
michelle

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 18th, 2002, 6:12am »

hi jodi,

i just also started taking depakote 2 weeks ago, along with the prednisone ( being weaned off) as preventatives and amerge as my abortive.  i haven't noticed any weird side effects yet!  i'm episodic and am still getting 1-2 clusters per day but the amerge is working MOST of the time !  let me know is you get any weird effects.  PFDAN to all

michelle
IP Logged
Jodi

Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 18th, 2002, 6:56pm »

Thank you all so much for the feed back on depakote.  I thought it was just me that was moody and  wacky.  I have tried verapamil but not for a very long time, after 2 weeks  went off of it. THANK GOD FOR IMITREX INJECTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
lOVE JODI
IP Logged
reelboat

Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 26th, 2002, 8:23am »

I've used Depakote for the past 2 years.  I've been episodic for the past 26 years and have never found anything to completely stop a cycle.  Depakote did exactly that.  I started using 500mg/day, 30 days prior to my start date.  I did not have a cycle fot the past 2 years.  Same thing this year.  I usually take the Depakote for 3 months.  My cycles normally last 6 weeks.  This year I quit taking the Depakote on the 1st of Febuary.  My clusters started 2 days ago.  I started the Depakote again and will let you know if it helps.  I hope so.  After 2 years without CH's, I was hopeing to be free.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss