Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 1:29am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « What works for me... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   What works for me...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What works for me...  (Read 624 times)
Melissa

Email

What works for me...
« on: Feb 19th, 2002, 7:06am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

As someone who found ch.com during my last cycle, (in Sept.2000), I never had taken the usual meds a lot of people take here, i.e. imitrex, verap, etc.  Meds and me tend not to agree, so here's what I do...

Before bedtime, I either take dramamine, or an antihistamine.  Also, I have a pot of coffee ready to be turned on for when I wake in the night.  When I wake with an attack, right away I suck on the O2, which is right by my bedside, at 10-12 LPM, for 5-10 minutes.  Then it's off to the kitchen to do my usual pacing, and moaning.   Right away I make that coffee, hot and strong.  It takes some time before the attack is fully gone, but this routine has always taken the edge off the pain for me.  

I hope other's can benefit from what has helped for me.

Good luck to you!
« Last Edit: Feb 19th, 2002, 7:33am by Melissa » IP Logged
Elaine

Email

Re: What works for me...
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19th, 2002, 9:37am »

It has worked for me also, and keeping the coffee ready to go is important LOL! I don't drink much coffee but I want it when I have a cluster. Give me ice to put on my head and coffee to drink if you want to help me out when I get hit!
IP Logged
ejwrancher

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 19th, 2002, 12:11pm »

Different approach!!! Cheesy  I have been told to quit the coffee, that the caffine is what trigger the attacks.  This time I have taken more meds than I can remember, and I have not had an attack in 2 days, but have no idea what worked.   ???  I like the o2 but I keep my Welder out in the pasture.  Hasn't worked either.  I really can't stand still for 10 mins for the o2 to work.  A good HOT shower has been the life saver this last round.
IP Logged
brad

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 19th, 2002, 1:30pm »

Roll Eyesejwrancher,

I was told the same thing about caffeine by some quack I visited over the years.  When I found a great neuro and told him this, he laughed.  Guess caffeine is found in a lot of medicines used to treat HA's.  Oh well, take it for what it's worth!

PFDAN's
Brad
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss