Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 10:56am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Shadow relief from ginger »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Shadow relief from ginger
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Shadow relief from ginger  (Read 3872 times)
pinksharkmark
New Board Veteran
Dominican_Rep 

Clusterhead

Email

Shadow relief from ginger
« on: Feb 19th, 2002, 12:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

This is something that works for a lot of migraineurs, (for some lucky folks, drinking a glass or two of ginger ale is all that is required to stop their migraine) and it works for me as well -- up to a point.  

Take about a teaspoon of powdered ginger -- that's right, the same spice that is used for making ginger snap cookies -- mix it in a cup of warm water and drink it down. For some reason the fresh ginger root doesn't work as well for me. Maybe I'm not taking enough of it.... because of the water content in the fresh stuff it is probably necessary to take at least 8 times as much of freshly diced ginger root to get the same amount into your system.

It will hold your shadows at bay for a few hours. For me it will handle everything up to around a Kip 3 or 4. Even for the biggies, it will often slow the "ramp-up" time enough for an Imitrex pill to take effect before the pain gets too severe.

I realize that this will probably not work for everyone, but it is cheap, readily available, needs no prescription, has no known side effects, and also helps your digestion. In my opinion it is worth a try.

pinky
IP Logged
Georgia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If ya don't like my peaches, don't shake my tree.

pixieprincess_una   georgiacze
WWW Email

Re: Shadow relief from ginger
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20th, 2002, 2:41am »

Thanks, Pinky. Sounds worth a try to me. But my question is...does it help you sleep? Wink Nevermind....

Hope you are well.

IP Logged

la la lala la la.....(its the theme song from the smurfs in case you couldn't tell) Need a smile? Click here: http://users.compaqnet.be/cn174277/Smurfs%20-%20Smurf%20Theme%20Song.mp3
murphysmom

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 20th, 2002, 2:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Kick ass....I'm gonna try it! Anything to slow down the process.. mmom
IP Logged
Elizabeth

Email

Something to be said for choosing...
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20th, 2002, 4:42pm »

a diet canada dry instead of diet mountain dew! tastes just as good, no caffeine, and the possibility of fewer headaches!

I've used grated ginger root on my forehead for nasty sinus infections - it works!

Pinky - a plethora of information! Looking forward to more!

Liz
IP Logged
sailpappy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

sail_pappy   sailpappy1
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 22nd, 2002, 7:58pm »

Pinky, Cool
     This is also one of the oldest and best treatments for Sea Sickness, I use to keep Ginger Ale and Ginger snaps on the boat at all times for the few that got sea sick when out with me, they usually only went out once so it was seldom a problem but one brave soul went out several times because her husband was my son's best friend, they worked for her each time and in 12ft swells Shocked that attests for the power of ginger! Pappy ;D
IP Logged
rooty

Email

fresh ginger vs dry
« Reply #5 on: Feb 26th, 2002, 4:22pm »

Fresh and dry ginger are considered two different medicines in most traditional herbal systems (China, India, etc) - The reason is that when ginger is dried, it is exposed to oxygen and the active ingredients change. It is a good tonic for the blood vessels.So you are not imagining things - you might get results with only the dried stuff. Glad it helps ya, Rooty.
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 26th, 2002, 5:22pm »

I am gonna give it a try....Thanks Pinky! Cheesy
IP Logged
Georgia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If ya don't like my peaches, don't shake my tree.

pixieprincess_una   georgiacze
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 26th, 2002, 10:46pm »

This is most interesting.....

I have used ginger to stave off motion sickness as well. I remember reading a long time ago that people with migraines are more likely to get motion sick than people without migraines. I don't know if this applies to ch or not...but it is an odd connection....hmmm
IP Logged

la la lala la la.....(its the theme song from the smurfs in case you couldn't tell) Need a smile? Click here: http://users.compaqnet.be/cn174277/Smurfs%20-%20Smurf%20Theme%20Song.mp3
ave

Email

Motion sickness
« Reply #8 on: Feb 27th, 2002, 6:29am »

Hey liz, I have never been seasick even in the worst of weathers, but I have been a migraineur in my time.  

Must be that small percentage that got away...
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss