Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 1:06pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « May have to dose again - shroom report »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   May have to dose again - shroom report
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: May have to dose again - shroom report  (Read 3242 times)
ave

Email

May have to dose again - shroom report
« on: Feb 22nd, 2002, 3:02pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

My tea gave me a perfectly well behaved little buzz, but I have the feeling it isn't doing very much for my headaches this time.  

Probably left it too late. I know, Pinky, you warned me!

Shadows were away for a few days, but are back now, longer and more intense than before. Classic picture, hm?

May dose again next week.
IP Logged
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

Re: May have to dose again - shroom report
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22nd, 2002, 3:07pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Oh, Ave, I'm so sorry to hear this.  But it still may be that the psilocybin might kick the beast for you yet.  I know the times that this has worked for Mike, he still got shadows and a few random attacks for the first couple of days after he dosed.
You're right though - best to try again in a few days, just to make sure you've given it a fair chance to work.  I hope it works better for you than it did for Mike this time.  Going into month 5 here, but he wasn't able to dose until well into month 1. Hope you've caught it in time!
Hugs
Margi
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 22nd, 2002, 4:04pm »

Go for it as soon as you can...it has been doing so good for you...pray it continues...please keep us posted. smiles,nancyc
IP Logged
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 22nd, 2002, 4:09pm »

Ave, you DO know you have to wait at least 4 or 5 days between dosing, right?  The part of the brain that receives the psilocybin actually closes it's little door for at least that long, so anything you do before that is just a waste.
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 22nd, 2002, 8:59pm »

Margi's right. If you don't wait 4-5 days and do it as soon as possible it will be just wasting it. The "door" is shut until that time passes and it will net no beneficial medical results taking it too early.  
 Also, it is possible that a variation of what happens to me when I use the tea is happening to you. My head gets extraordinarily worse than it was for the first few days (and also tapering down during that time too). I get more attacks and more severe ones. But then it does the trick. I'd have to look in my journal (or the archives) to see exactly how long the worsening lasts for. But I'm hoping that's all that's happening to you and it does improve after a few days.
IP Logged
Ike

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 24th, 2002, 8:26am »

...same as Ted, Ave.

I last dosed in July of '01.  That seemed to piss the headaches off a little.  They seemed to be more unpredictable and a little more intense, but as time went by, things seemed to settle down.  August was better that July, September was better that August and so on.  Two headaches in November, one in December and none since. KNOCK WOOD. KNOCK, KNOCK,KNOCK.   I can't say for sure that the shrooms caused the remission, but something happened.  If the shrooms did it...GREAT!  If I cycled out...that's great too.  I do know, that when I did the last dose, I was having some heavy duty shadows and a few headaches.  Within thirty minutes, my head was more clear that it had ever been.  

It could be that your hypo-thingy just needs to settle down a little.  Another dose, however, could only help.  Keep us posted. Undecided
IP Logged
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 24th, 2002, 12:20pm »

Just for clarification purposes, when I say the mushrooms "did the trick" I didn't mean they gave me a remission. I just meant it is probably what has kept me from a heavy cycle for the most part (I'll still go into a heavy for a few days sometimes, but I've been in a low or medium cycle mostly since late summer, and I never had this much time away from heavy cycle or such short ones when they come in about 15 years) since dosing. Another thing to mention is that I broke from my 1 1/2 year consistant heavy cycle about a week before dosing. But I am convinced that it's the shrooms that has kept things tamer than before.
IP Logged
Flash

Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 26th, 2002, 4:02am »

Hi ave,

I agree with what everyone else has said.  From what you typed it sure looks like classic underdosing/late dosing syndrome.

In my experience 3 things may happen:

1) The headaches may get move severe.
2) The duration of the headaches may get longer or seem more frequent than normal - this is probably one and the same effect, if they get frequent enough they just appear to last longer  Cry
3) The episode may be shorter than usual and end more abruptly.

It's almost like an accelerated episode where everything is packed into a couple of weeks.  Very fuckin unpleasant  Cry

You have 3 options:

1) Another dose of shrooms in 5 days time.
2) Tough it out for 10 days and then redose.
3) Tough it out altogether.

I went for option 2, but on day 10 my episode abruptly terminated.  Next time this happens (shudder), I'll go for option 1.  I have heard reports of others using option 1 with near instant success.  Unfortunately we don't have enough data to recommend a particular course of action.  This is where you come in handy  Cool

Like pinky i'll reiterate that hallucinogenics work best when taken as early as practical.  In my own experience it is best to take them once every 6 months regardless of whether you are showing signs or not.  The downside is that 3 years down the line you might make the mistake of thinking you are cured.

This year I have a big problem - after a run in with the bunny boiler next door...  I work from home, earn lots of money, and ride motorbikes, therefore I must be a drug dealer.  Last October she called the police, so I flushed my shrooms down the toilet.  The police never came though!!!  Arrrrgghh.  Now she's started tailing me in her car.  

It isn't feasible to grow any shrooms right now because I am living in a caravan (small mobile trailer to those in the US), as my home is being rennovated.  The rennovations should be completed in around 1 month, and provided I don't have a spring episode this might just give me just enough time to grow a crop and harvest it.

Luckily I had the prescence of mind to secure a prescription for O2.  i've never had course to use it before but if I get hit before the crop comes in I might just go for it.  As usual I will refrain from poisoning myself with any other medications.

Also I have a backup stash of 2 acid tabs.  These are on 5mm square bits of thin card.  They are several years old and have been exposed to damp.  The chances of them working are virtually zero.  If the worst happens then I'll try taking one.

Good luck ave.  Keep me posted.

Flash

IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #8 on: Feb 26th, 2002, 9:41am »

Flash, what do you think about chronic clusterheads using shrooms?  How should they dose, etc. Thanks.
IP Logged
ave

Email

« Reply #9 on: Feb 26th, 2002, 10:06am »

To everybody
who reacted: thanks very much.

My main reasons for thinking they did not work,
a. Missed that empty feeling at my temple I had last time
b. Am getting shadows that run their course instead of being fragmented into tiny pinpricks like last time.
c. Missed the whimpy little headaches of last time

To please Flash
(no, not really, I have other considerations) I WILL take option 2, chiefly because it is just heavy shadows we are talking about. They might develop into full blown attacks of course but I don't know that.

To Nancy
if you have redosed and redosed and are still getting hit - o, girl, I feel for you.

IP Logged
Flash

Email

nancyc - chronics and hallucinogens
« Reply #10 on: Feb 27th, 2002, 3:10pm »

Nancy,

We don't have much data on this, but what we do have is good quality stuff.  There are 2 chronics out there both using periodic shroom doses to achieve sustained remission.

In both cases they began dosing every 5 days at around level 2-3, then gradually decreased the magnitude and frequency of the dose to around level 1 every 4-6 weeks.  

I believe both these people are Dutch and have plentiful access to shrooms.  It would be possible to produce enough home grown to achieve similar without too many problems.

The key appears to be keeping on top of the situation.

I'd recommend dosing at the level you previously achieved success with at least every 5-10 days, then try reducing the dose and or lengthening the time between doses.

Flash
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #11 on: Feb 27th, 2002, 3:45pm »

Thanks Flash, Pinky and Mast for all the info...will keep you posted.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss