Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 4:40am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « 5-HTP »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   5-HTP
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 5-HTP  (Read 862 times)
Linda T
New Board Old Timer

Email

5-HTP
« on: Feb 23rd, 2002, 1:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I saw something awhile back from someone who began taking 5-HTP.  I'm wondering if it works.  I've been in cycle since November, 2001.  I thought it might be ending a few weeks back, but now I'm back to getting hit 4 times a night.  I've been tapered from the prednisone and elavil and currently have no meds except imitrex tabs if things get too bad.  Any feedback on the 5-htp.  Thanks Smiley
IP Logged

What a long, strange trip it's been!
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: 5-HTP
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23rd, 2002, 1:42pm »

The "search" button here apparently won't seek out posts from the old board since it's a different company that is being used, but if you click on the "archive" button to the left and then use the "search" button from that page and plug in "5-HTP" you'll get thousands of items found on 5-HTP.
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #2 on: Feb 26th, 2002, 9:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

5 HT is serotonin. Go to the OUCH site, click on the library and voila Serotonin
IP Logged
Georgia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If ya don't like my peaches, don't shake my tree.

pixieprincess_una   georgiacze
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 26th, 2002, 10:35pm »

I tried 5-HTP about a year ago. I took 4 pills, I forget the mgs, a day for about a month. I did not notice any increase or decrease in my clusters, but everyone here is different. If you decide to try it, let us know how it works for you.

Wishing you pain free night and days and weeks and months and years and years....

IP Logged

la la lala la la.....(its the theme song from the smurfs in case you couldn't tell) Need a smile? Click here: http://users.compaqnet.be/cn174277/Smurfs%20-%20Smurf%20Theme%20Song.mp3
Linda T
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 28th, 2002, 12:58pm »

Tried the 5-HTP for2 days.  Took 300 mg a day.  Did NOTHING!  Maybe I should have tried it longer, who knows.  Just couldn't wait any longer.  Needed to try something else.  Right now, I'm on depakote, which hasnt kicked in yet.  Keeping the imitrex handy.
IP Logged

What a long, strange trip it's been!
Tom
New Board Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 28th, 2002, 6:47pm »

Don,

serotonin = 5-HT = 5-Hydroxy Tryptamine

but Linda T asked for 5-HTP = 5-Hydroxy Tryptophane
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is an advertisement of the US MD Ray Sahelian, who is selling  5-HTP:

5-HTP is a natural supplement that converts in the brain into serotonin. 5-HTP stands for -5-hydroxytryptophan. 5-HTP  may be helpful in conditions that normally require prescription medicines
such as Prozac, Xanax, sleeping pills, and diet drugs. Serotonin is an important brain chemical involved in mood, behavior, appetite, and sleep.  In 5-HTP: Nature's Serotonin Solution,  I  explain how to safely use 5-HTP in a wide range of medical and psychiatric conditions. Practical suggestions are given as to dosage,
the proper timing, and detailed information on how to combine 5-HTP with herbs, natural supplements, hormones, and medicines to help treat obesity, depression, insomnia, anxiety disorders, PMS, fibromyalgia, migraine headaches and other conditions. Cautions, limitations, and side effects are fully discussed.  
------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----
Anyhow, I'm not convinced myself of the efficacy of 5-HTP in CH...

Concerning serotonin: It's  n o t  available as oral medicine so far.

Thomas/Munich
IP Logged

Thomas/Munich
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss