Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 1:45am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « indocin side effects »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   indocin side effects
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: indocin side effects  (Read 357 times)
Carolyn

Email

indocin side effects
« on: Mar 4th, 2002, 11:59am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I have been on indocin, 25mg 3 times a day for 2 weeks.  For some reason doc thinks I may have cph.  Well, no headaches since I started on it, but try as I may, I just can't get the cph diagnosis to fit. But, what the heck, so far it is working.  However, the last few days I have started having some rather unpleasant side effects.  I have a heart rhythm problem that plagues me periodically and it has gotten worse in the last 2 days.   Not a serious problem, pvc's, but they are happening at about 4-5 a minute especially in the evening, which leaves me a little light headed.  Additionally, now when I eat, I feel like a rock has landed just below my breastbone and no amount of antacid, milk, etc. will relieve it.....I am assuming it is just indigestion caused by the medicine.   Yesterday I decided to not take the mid-day dose and did end up with a small shadow.

Since I am episodic, will I eventually be able to get off of this medicine, or is it one that is intended to be taken forever.  I go back in to the doc on the 18th, but thought maybe someone here would have a few words of experience to share with me.
IP Logged
Cranpain

Email

Please Don't Assume!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 4th, 2002, 12:07pm »

There are some drugs that interact with other drugs and cause serious problems, including damage to the heart. Belive me, from personal experience, pain in the chest area is nothing to ignore! First, get yourself check out by a competent doc. Secondly, get your druggist to run a cross-reference of ALL the drugs you take, to see if there is some dangerous interaction. Pronto!!
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

Re: indocin side effects
« Reply #2 on: Mar 4th, 2002, 6:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I take Indocin for cph and what you are describing does not fit into the list of side effects that came from the pharmacy with my last perscription of Indocin.  I agree with the previous post 100% that there could be a drug interaction or something else going on and you should be seen by a competent dr. asap.  good luck and please keep us posted.  I will be praying for you.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Mar 9th, 2002, 3:37pm »

My experience with indocin is that you are supposed to take it on full stomach.  Tell dr. what is happening.
IP Logged
Marijke
New Board Junior
Belgium 

Nice board!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 12th, 2002, 1:33pm »

Hi Carlolyn!

First, please go see a doctor. Although Indocin isn't too great for the stomach, it's better to check if it is really that and not your heart.

If it is you stomach, maybe indocin suppo's are a better choise. But I am not sure if they're available in the US, I'm from Belgium...

Marijke
IP Logged
Carolyn

Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 12th, 2002, 3:20pm »

Thanks to everyone that responded to my inquiry.  I am off of the indocin and feeling much better and woohoo, this ch cycle has ended.   I knew it had to be the indocin causing me problems because I am on no other medications. Didn't even have to rely on any imitrex once I started the indocin.  Am not sure what I'll do the next cycle since I am not going to be able to take indocin, but for now will just enjoy being free of the beast for awhile.

Didn't mean to alarm anyone with my heart rhythm problem....it is not something that is new to me and I have been tested up one side and down the other to determine why my heart does the crazy things that it does.  Rest assured I have an extremely healthy heart, just some kind of electrical problem is the way it has been described to me.  It has been with me as long as the ch's have and is just as much of a dilemma.  I have 2 rhythm problems and after experimenting with all kinds of medicines it turned out it was just better to stay off the meds.  I know when to get to the emergency room when it gets really bad and have had to go a couple of times for them to get me back in "pace", lol.

Sorry to ramble on so on an unrelated subject.

Again thanks everyone!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss