Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 7:13pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Stadol Blew Me Away! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Stadol Blew Me Away!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Stadol Blew Me Away!  (Read 421 times)
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Stadol Blew Me Away!
« on: Mar 13th, 2002, 11:48am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I was prescribe stadol (not current cycle).  I had to inhale it through some kind of blaster thing.  anyway, I tried it and immediately saw stars and got dizzy to the point of staggering.  Lots of flashes in front of eyes.  Has anyone experienced this?  Kim
IP Logged
Mikey
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Rock till ya Drop and DON'T mess with the FAM!!!!!

MGuitarM
WWW Email

Re: Stadol Blew Me Away!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13th, 2002, 3:27pm »

Hi kim, I use the Stadol NS and yes it knocks me for a loop, but it also seems to do ok as far as immediate help with the pain. However I did'nt see any flashes or have any trouble with my balance, just got very sleepy and tired feeling, but the sleepy feeling did'nt help much cause as you know its impossible to go to sleep during an attack. After the attack was over it seemed to help me fall asleep.  Stadol is some powerful stuff alright just one spray in one nostril will do ya, any more than that and I might see stars!...LOL

Mikey,  Grin
IP Logged

I love to ROCK very HARD!!!

CHRONIC and going crazy!! Want to come too?

Hope for PFDAN, peace and safety to you all!!
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Mar 13th, 2002, 4:39pm »

Well, Mikey, I only tried it that once.  After that was totally not interested.  Don't understand why that happened.  Maybe I did it wrong, who knows, I was having such MONSTER attacks that thinking required skills lacking at the time.  Anyway, PFDAN to you. kim
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 13th, 2002, 8:35pm »

stars and flashes don't sound familiar.  Falling asleep does. I would say to use it with great caution or forget using it all together.  good luck.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Mar 13th, 2002, 10:06pm »

Karla, I am DONE with stadol.  that was not fun.
IP Logged
Georgia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If ya don't like my peaches, don't shake my tree.

pixieprincess_una   georgiacze
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 14th, 2002, 1:23am »

I used Stadol for a while. Hallucinations were almost always present, as was the inablity to think, walk, read, speak, stand, etc. It never took the ch away, it just made me not care anymore. After a few months of use, it started to make me violently ill...vomitting, the floor moving quickly toward me, passing out...I stopped using it and have not tried it since. What happened to you does sound all that out of the ordinary to me when it comes to Stadol.
IP Logged

la la lala la la.....(its the theme song from the smurfs in case you couldn't tell) Need a smile? Click here: http://users.compaqnet.be/cn174277/Smurfs%20-%20Smurf%20Theme%20Song.mp3
Cin

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 14th, 2002, 10:57am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Shocked  

I'm glad I read this, I have a script for stadol, don't think I want to try it.  The ox is working so far for me.  Gosh I sure am learning alot.  PF days to all of you**

Cin
IP Logged
Elissa

Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 16th, 2002, 1:54pm »

I have stadol upstairs tucked away to keep me from going to the E.R.  I have tried it a few times....once I found myself passed out in the garage in a sweat.  Don't ask me how I got there.  It took the pain away, but my head was KILLING me.....but that's because I smacked it on the wright set on the way down!  Anyway, it's powerful stuff and a lot of docs won't prescribe it because it is very addicting.  I can see why, but it made me sick too.  I would say, if you can tolerate it and if you're having one of the "smith and wesson" attacks, just wet the end of your nostril with it.  Don't use a whole squirt.  But if it makes you feel sick, don't use it.....if your doc prescibed that, he'll prescribe something else.  Good luck!  Elissa
IP Logged
Cin

Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 17th, 2002, 10:37am »

Elissa,

Thanks for the info about if need be just wet the nostril, I've been carrying stadol in my purse wherever I go, just incase I have a Ch during the day.  I've been using ox for attacks that are in the night. Sorry you had a bad experience with stadol. PF days to you**

Cin
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss