Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 12:19am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Detox »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Detox
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Detox  (Read 339 times)
bentley

Email

Detox
« on: Mar 15th, 2002, 4:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

How long should one be free from other meds, particularly ergot, before trying shrooms.
IP Logged
pinksharkmark
New Board Veteran
Dominican_Rep 

Clusterhead

Email

Re: Detox
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15th, 2002, 5:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

No one knows for sure in the case of all drugs, and even in the case of ergot compounds there is probably some variability.

But it is easier to estimate with the ergot compounds. A minimum of 72 hours to 96 hours, with 120 hours probably being better.  

It is possible that there may be partial success if the psilocybin were ingested as early as 48 hours after the last ergot dose, but the effectiveness would certainly be significantly reduced.

I know of one clusterhead that followed that approach. He tried to do without his cafergot for 96 hours, but at 48 hours he felt he simply could not make it through another two days, so he did a dose of psilocybin. The first dose reduced the intensity and frequency of the attacks to the point that he was able to stay off the cafergot for 96 hours (although with great difficulty and considerable swearing), then did a second dose of psilocybin with better results, and a third dose 120 hours later, at which point he felt he needed no further doses.  

I doubt this approach would work for everyone. A sample size of a single person is of no validity whatsoever statistically speaking. Everyone's sensitivity to these compounds is different.

pinky

IP Logged
Elissa

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 16th, 2002, 1:32pm »

Hello, I am new to the "treatment/med" section of this site.  I think I have tried almost every seizure, depression, anxiety, etc., med out there.  The Shroom treatment....is that what I think it is?  Do the doctors really prescribe that and what success rate have you guys heard of?  I'm seeing a new neurologist in a few weeks (my 3, 4...losing count) and I may bring it up to him.  Even if it's something to keep from making the perverbial E.R. trip, which is averaging once a month!  Would defeinitely like to know more about this...Thanks. Elissa
IP Logged
Elissa

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 16th, 2002, 1:33pm »

Hello, I am new to the "treatment/med" section of this site.  I think I have tried almost every seizure, depression, anxiety, etc., med out there.  The Shroom treatment....is that what I think it is?  Do the doctors really prescribe that and what success rate have you guys heard of?  I'm seeing a new neurologist in a few weeks (my 3, 4...losing count) and I may bring it up to him.  Even if it's something to keep from making the perverbial E.R. trip, which is averaging once a month!  Would defeinitely like to know more about this...Thanks. Elissa
IP Logged
bentley

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 16th, 2002, 3:31pm »

Pincky,
Is the delay required due to the similarity of the two substances.
IP Logged
bentley

Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 16th, 2002, 3:32pm »

Pincky,
IP Logged
pinksharkmark
New Board Veteran
Dominican_Rep 

Clusterhead

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 16th, 2002, 6:00pm »

on Mar 16th, 2002, 3:31pm, bentley wrote:
Pincky,

Yes. They both bind to the same 5-HT receptor sites. The indole-based psychedelics are believed by most researchers to be active at more subgroups of 5-HT receptor sites than the non-hallucinogenic ergot compounds, but that has yet to be proven conclusively.  

Even some of the "non-psychedelic" ergot compounds are definitely psychoactive. Methysergide (Sansert) and methergine, for example, are both psychoactive if taken at high enough doses. I have personal experience with that, at least in the case of methysergide.

pinky
IP Logged
pinksharkmark
New Board Veteran
Dominican_Rep 

Clusterhead

Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 16th, 2002, 6:24pm »

on Mar 16th, 2002, 1:33pm, Elissa wrote:
Hello, I am new to the "treatment/med" section of this site.  I think I have tried almost every seizure, depression, anxiety, etc., med out there.  The Shroom treatment....is that what I think it is?  Do the doctors really prescribe that and what success rate have you guys heard of?  

Yes, it is what you think it is, and no, it is not available by prescription. In most countries of the world it is illegal to possess mushrooms containing psilocybin. Holland is an exception.

I suggest you read my posts here:

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=meds;action= display;num=1013709016

In "Part 5" I provide a link to the 'Clusterhead Shroom Site' where you can find out more. The site hasn't been updated in some time, and some of the links no longer work, but there is still a tremendous amount of useful information there. Once you have browsed the main part of the site, you will probably want to check out Ueli's collection of posts there from this message board. Click on the links for "2001 Posts" and "2000 Posts" for reports from those who have tried it, and some interesting commentary on those reports.

pinky
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss