Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 6:33pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « 5HT receptor sites et. al. research »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   5HT receptor sites et. al. research
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 5HT receptor sites et. al. research  (Read 374 times)
Medlengough

Email

5HT receptor sites et. al. research
« on: Mar 21st, 2002, 1:41am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hey, Pinky and All,
    As you know I've been researching alot since I hooked up with my Endocrinologist. He has offered to accompany me to NIH but wants me to do extensive research first.
    My question is: Triptans worked extremely well for a long time, presumably due to the trigemianl nerve 5HT1D agonist theory. But after several years their effectiveness wore off.
     5HT2 antagonists such as Sansert and lysergic and shrooms  also work however.  
     My question is which of these receptor sites do you think are most involved in CH pain? I'm trying to sort it all out. And you know that I highly value your opinion.
    Also, I have been researching Barry Spencer's  theory of CH pain involving adenosine , etc. in triggering the trigeminal nerve. Any thoughts? especially since  some shrooms have adenosine  and anti- adenosine properties.
  Sorry to ask so many questions but it seems that I've run into a road block in my study. I know this is all complicated but I value your imput.  
         Sincerely,
       medlengough

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss