Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 12:50pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Biofeedback feedback... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Biofeedback feedback...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Biofeedback feedback...  (Read 244 times)
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Biofeedback feedback...
« on: Apr 7th, 2002, 3:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Any here tried biofeedback?  How did it go?
IP Logged
Greg_A

Email

Re: Biofeedback feedback...
« Reply #1 on: Apr 7th, 2002, 9:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I have tried it or a version of it i guess. This might sound silly but at the first signs o pain i sit on the floor sideways against the couch and cup the side of my head with my hand. As i do i breath slowly deep breaths and say under my breath, "hands - fingers, feet - toes" over and over.  

I dont know if this is really bio feedback but it has worked at times.

Usally it works in the morning when i get hit, i sip a cup o coffee while i do this too.

The things we try....

IP Logged
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Apr 7th, 2002, 9:26pm »

Well, Greg, I went to this pain management center.  This very calm spoken gentleman had me lay on a (sort of like a dentist chair only fully reclined).  He hooked me up to this contraption and began monitoring me while he had me do mental exercises.  I went to this guy for about 3 weeks.  At home, I tried this method (honestly, i really did!).   During my attacks I earnestly began the exercises.  It ended with me shouting "IT"S NOT F-----G WORKING!!!!! I guess I don't fit the profile for Biofeedback...LOL.  Smiles, Kim
IP Logged
Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 7th, 2002, 9:27pm »

Kinda sounds like:

"Nam ho renge kyo"

Only refugees from the '60s will understand this.  
(If you remember, you weren't there)

But it does rhyme........."hands - fingers, feet - toes"
IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 7th, 2002, 9:45pm »

My story is like Kim's.  I saw a pain phyciatrist who wanted to teach me biofeedback.  He gave me a big speel about how stressed I was and how I needed to relax and breath.  He taught me a couple of breathing exercises.  He hooked me up to a machine.  Expected me to be all stressed out and was suprised at how relaxed I was naturally. He got all flustered and said how this wouldn't work for me since I was such a naturally relaxed person.  I convinced him out of desperation to proceed and try anyway.  Needless to say, I got hit with a ha and the breathing was usuless.  So biofeedback is a waste of time as far as I am concerned.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Greg_A

Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 7th, 2002, 10:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Too funny Kim, usually thats how my version of bio feedback ends up. I end up screaming "IT"S NOT F-----G WORKING!!!!! too and take off on a pace to go throw my head in the freezer for a minute, then up to the Hot shower, down for a smoke, pace some more, do the hot sauce thing, and and so on.  

I have even went and sat out in the car and ran the AC full blast on my eye switching the temp all the way hot, then all the way cold. SUX!!!!

Funny thing was yesterday, my girlfriend and i were headin out to the lake to go sailing. BAM, i got hit with a 10 on the way. We ended up sittin in the parkin lot of a gas station as i banged my head and did the AC thing.

We decided to head home. As we pulled in I checked the mail. YEAH!!!!!! There was a package with my imitrex refills. I was ready to go. Of coarse by then my headache was gone and the afternoon was wasted.

Oh well.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss