Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 21st, 2024, 7:07am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « No preventives »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   No preventives
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: No preventives  (Read 318 times)
barbee

Email

No preventives
« on: Apr 29th, 2002, 10:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I don't take preventives, can't stand the side effects, and Now I've had CH for two days and nights.  Zomig gave me some sleep last night, but now, back to the pain.  Are there any preventives without terrible side effects?  Can't stand any more dizziness, goofy feeling, constipation.  So what's good? ??? ??? ??? ???
IP Logged
tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Anything not impossible is compulsory.

Re: No preventives
« Reply #1 on: Apr 30th, 2002, 6:03am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Have you tried the water X 3 (see button on left) treatment?
It works for some, and you can't beat the price. Two "side effects" -- drinking a lot of water can flush some vitamins and minerals out of your system, so a multivitamin every now and then is a good idea. The other main side effect is universal and predictable -- you pee a lot.  

Another preventative definitely has side effects, but you only need a dose or two (or maybe three) to prevent an entire cycle. Check out these links:

http://www.headachesupportgroups.com/shrooms/index.htm
http://www.headachesupportgroups.com/shrooms/2000.htm

Read everything carefully. There are drawbacks, but the success rate is very high if you do it right. There are psychoactive effects, but they can be very mild if you dose carefully --  many prescription medicines have much more, and much less pleasant, psychoactive effects. Even some OTC meds are worse (for me, at least; antihistamines come to mind).
IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
ave

Email

Re: No preventives
« Reply #2 on: Apr 30th, 2002, 7:32am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Sorry you are suffering, barbee.

Have you never tried Oxygen? It is not a preventative but it is one of the best non-medical abortives. Works for many of us.

At the OUCH-site, see if there is maybe a CH-friendly neuro near you. But anyghow,  try and get Oxygen prescripted.

Just make sure you get a valve that allows at least a 7 liter p/m flow (12/15 l/p/m are popular too) and make sure you get the right mask - not the nose plugsies, but a proper mask and preferably a non-rebreather mask.

--------

For getting some rest, try Dramamine. It is a simple otc motion-sickness med that will get you some sleeplike rest without the REM periods that call up our headaches.
Also, try and sleep half sitting up (recliner, pillows behind back).
Some of us are more comfortable that way  - I myself seem to have a little less trouble if I sleep sitting up.)

As soon as your eyes can take it,  try the archives on non-med abortives. Good luck.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss