Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 3:26am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New neuro, New meds »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   New neuro, New meds
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New neuro, New meds  (Read 214 times)
joepauley
New Board Newbie

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful...

joepauley   JoeyBurgr
Email

New neuro, New meds
« on: Oct 15th, 2002, 12:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well, thanks to some insurance changes, I was forced to find a new PCP and a new neuro.  I've been taking verap and pred, but some HA's still broke through. I'm now about 6 weeks into this bout. My new PCP was very good and knowledgeable, but wasn't able to get me O2 covered by my insurance, so he sent me to a neuro. I had my first appt with him yesterday morning.

What a shock!  He was ready to see me before I'd even filled out the forms. He knew what he was talkign about with clusters. He told me to stay on the current meds, gave me scripts for Depakote (500 mg before bed) and Maxalt (quick dissovle type for any attacks). I took my first Depakote last night, and today I feel better than I have for weeks!  He also ordered an EEG, which they did immediately, and an MRI, which I had this morning. Followup appt next week for the results and further med advice.

I really hope this works out. I've read up on some of the side effects of the Depakote, so we'll see what happens longer term. But I don't feel drugged, not a shadow today (yet... knocking wood), and I actually got a good night's sleep, so I have some energy today!

YAY!!!

Glad to know there is help out there I don't have to wait weeks to get.

PFNAD's

Joe
« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2002, 12:42pm by joepauley » IP Logged
domm
New Board Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: New neuro, New meds
« Reply #1 on: Oct 15th, 2002, 4:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Joe - I'm really glad to hear the beast is leaving you alone for a bit anyway. Here's hoping you have more and more of those PFDANs
domm
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss