Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 7:43am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « A surgical Tx that could help cluster headaches »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   A surgical Tx that could help cluster headaches
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: A surgical Tx that could help cluster headaches  (Read 584 times)
meggregg
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

meggregg   meggregg
Email

A surgical Tx that could help cluster headaches
« on: Nov 11th, 2002, 9:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Cheesy
I am new to this site and have not seen anyone touch on the subject of surgeries for the tx of cluster headaches.  I have suffered from them for the past 8 years.  Today, I was seen by a neurosurgeon at TEXT
Allegheny Hospital in Pittsburgh, PA,  and was advised that there is a procedure which is being perfected that can alleviate, if not eliminate, the cluster headaches all together.  My case in particular involves a specific artery which expands and "scrunches" the surrounding nerves, specifically those that control the facial nerves and hearing and balance.  I get my headaches daily,  ranging anywhere from mild to severe.  My best pain tx is Stadol.  Regardless, a procedure can be done to move the artery and nerves, inserting a sponge to cushion the area and give the artery room to expand without scrunching the nerves, insert a mesh plate and ta da! I have been given a 75% chance of eliminating the headaches.  THis is truly a gift.  At this point, it is preliminary and once I go back for even more testing, I will then be notified if I am a candidate for same.  This dr. is also making a documentary of his patients.  As I know more, I can let anyone know who is interested.  Hope this info. may give someone else some hope that maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel!!!! Cheesy
IP Logged

meg
Opus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

(Insert witty comment here)

pjbgravely   pjbgravely
WWW Email

Re: A surgical Tx that could help cluster headache
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11th, 2002, 9:38pm »

In the past new board posts ( unfortunatly they are missing right now) There have been a few that have had surgury. They thought they were cured after a year but then the CH came back. The second surgury resulted in CH worse than before. Just becareful and it would be best to never get a second surgury.      PJB
IP Logged

Zed-Zed-nine plural-Zed alpha,

There is no place like home.
David G

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 20th, 2002, 8:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I suffered from CH for over 10 years. I had surgery from Dr. Guyuron in  Cleveland about a year ago and have been CH free.  I posted this information 3 months after my surgery and  a lot of people on this message board attacked me. He is conducting clinical trials now.  I suggest calling his office 440-461-7999 for more info.

David
IP Logged
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 20th, 2002, 9:05pm »

Your search for *surgery* found the following documents (of 125868 documents searched):

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/search.html

Look here too

http://www.clusterheadaches.org/library/surgery/index.htm
« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2002, 9:07pm by Mark C » IP Logged

Click The Flag
David G

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 20th, 2002, 9:33pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Mark,
I was a patient at the Clevland Clinic before my surgery. My surgery disected the corugator muscle, repaired a deviated septum, and the disection of some of the branches of the trigeminal nerve. The main nerve was not cut.

David
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss