Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 9:09pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I have been Botoxed »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   I have been Botoxed
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I have been Botoxed  (Read 653 times)
dtruett
New Board Newbie

Maybe this is the last one!

Email

I have been Botoxed
« on: Nov 11th, 2002, 9:37pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Went in today for a Botox treatment. About 20 shots around the forehead, side of the face. Supposed to take a week and a half to two weeks. Will keep you posted on results. By the way, since I swithched to Mac OSX, Explorer crashes when I go to the board, so I don't know if Netscape is recognizing my identity. Don't want to create a new one. This is dTruett.
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

Re: I have been Botoxed
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11th, 2002, 9:52pm »

Tomorrow 11/12 I go in for my botox injections.  I am not to optomistic but am desperate after being chronic for 5 years.  I will also keep you posted of results.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
dtruett
New Board Newbie

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 12th, 2002, 6:26am »

Sitting here on the dishrag side of an 8 and a 10 tonight. Will have to take the doc's word that Botox takes awhile. Met a "classic" migraine patient in the office (we were being filmed for local news in San Diego) who got great relief for the last two months. Here's hoping, Karla!!! Anything is better than this.
IP Logged
captdshea
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Junior
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 12th, 2002, 11:27am »

Hi Don- Can you tell me more about botox, How are you doing with the 02 and abort injections.
Thanks in advance for the information
David
IP Logged

"Seek knowledge and truth"
"Respect divergent points of view"
Opus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

(Insert witty comment here)

pjbgravely   pjbgravely
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 12th, 2002, 6:58pm »

Don, sounds like you are doing better and I hope the treatment works. deleate IE, there are other browsers than netscape but I haven't tried them. 6.2 isn't very good. Try 5.75. PJB
IP Logged

Zed-Zed-nine plural-Zed alpha,

There is no place like home.
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 12th, 2002, 10:16pm »

I got about 10 injections on the right side of my head.  All were with a small needle and along the hairline.  Some pokes I didn't feel and others smarted just a little.  Over all the pain was very tollerable and only took 15 min. to complete the procedure.  I was told it would take aprox 3 weeks before my ha would start to let up.  I was told that the procedure lasts and is repeated every 3 to 5 months.  I was told that they started with a relativly small dose of botox and if I didn't have any sucess this time around to not be completly discouraged because they can increase the dosage and maybe I will have better luck the second time around.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
dtruett
New Board Newbie

Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 13th, 2002, 1:34am »

I wasn't told that they started at low strenght. My neuro did inject a little more on both sides due to the fact that ch can "migrate" to the other side when stymied on the usual bilateral side (ain't they great). Also about 20 shots in 15 minutes-painless. He did say about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks for effect, but didn't mention a length of efficacy. Have not started Oxygen yet, but am doing a follow up with him in a week to go over the 47,000,000 meds I am taking. He wants to try oxygen again and understands the last time I got a toy mask, not a non-rebreather. Also maybe self-injecting DHE. Why is it that you can bear such pain every night, yet the thought of a little makes you flinch?
IP Logged
dtruett
New Board Newbie

Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 17th, 2002, 4:09pm »

OK, so here's a follow up. I was injected on Monday, Labor Day. THe neuro told me it would take a week and a half to two weeks to have an effect. About a 9 that night and the same on Tuesday. Wednesday through Saturday (last night) NO chs. Now, I can't say it is the Botox. The Friday before I got a DHE injection and had two PF nights followed by two bad headache nights. I am taking so many meds that it is hard to "tease" anything out and reach a conclusion. All I know is that my forehead is stiff as a brick and I have had the most WONDERFUL four day vacation from a bad cycle. God, how you appreciate one PF day when it comes. All for now. Thanks friends.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss