Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 11:02am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « prednisone »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   prednisone
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: prednisone  (Read 489 times)
redforest23
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

redforest23   redforest23
Email

prednisone
« on: Nov 17th, 2002, 1:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Ok, I took high doses of prednisone, it worked thank God it did but stuck with a high blood pressure problem I never used to have,  a huge amount of weight gain, a hump on the back of my neck and the clusters have came for a rematch.  I can't get back on the prednisone, my body would not make another round of that. Out of medical insurance and tried all the otc drugs, the oils, lotions and teas. any suggestions? Right now I am down to my one hot washrag on my head. please respond to mailbox if you like redforest23
IP Logged
marty
New Board Old Timer
USA 

WWW Email

Re: prednisone
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17th, 2002, 2:04pm »

Of course we like you, redforest23 ;D

Have you tried O2 / Imiitrex Inj. They are great and work for most. Ask your Dr for these and also check if there is a headache management program that he/she would recommend.

Very important - Read everything on this board. There are a number of "things" that we do that help.  

My "special" treatment is strong coffee and lots of it at the onset.

Marty
IP Logged
ChristineL

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 18th, 2002, 4:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Get yourself on Verapamil. ..........works for a lot of us.
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 18th, 2002, 8:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Your mistake was not getting on a preventative whlie taking the pred. When the pred tapers down the preventatives (verapimil) kicks in.
IP Logged
NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 19th, 2002, 9:19am »

I agree with Don...

In my experience with Prednisone - it will stop the ch's, but when I taper down to 10-20 mgs per day, the ch's come back.  Something else needs to be in your system during that time to keep the beast away.

You said your medical insurance has run out - does that mean you have or have not applied for COBRA coverage?  Nothing over the counter will work on these - stop wasting your money Red and get on some meds that will kick the beast between the eyes.

Good luck to you,
NotH20
IP Logged
suzy617
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Love is friendship set on fire

suzy617
Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 25th, 2002, 6:23am »

I recently saw Jerry Lewis on tv and could not believe my eyes. He looked like he gained hundreds of pounds, did not even look like himself. I heard it is from taking prednisone for a condition he has but didnt hear from what. That kind of freaked me out so myself, I wouldnt go down that road but I'm thinking the people on this board must take different dosages then him. Anyone know whats wrong with him anyway?
IP Logged

When God measures men, He puts the tape around the heart, not the head.
NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 25th, 2002, 1:42pm »

Suzy - I'm a big Jerry Lewis fan   Smiley and even work the Telethon in Atlanta every year.  He did look horrible this past Labor Day.  He has numerous medical conditions, but he had some spinal problems and is taking Predisone to relieve some of his pain.  He's obviously on a massive dosage to be that swollen.  Thankfully for us CHer's we don't have to be on that high of a dose.

NotH20

OK people - slam me if you must, but I still think Jerry Lewis is HYSTERICAL !!!!!!!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss