Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 3:52pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « another verapimil question »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   another verapimil question
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: another verapimil question  (Read 405 times)
Kevin_D

Email

another verapimil question
« on: Nov 19th, 2002, 8:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hello all,
  Its been quite some time since I have been here.  They statred to watch our internet usage at work so I haven't checked in in a while.  
  Anyway, I thought I knew all I needed to know about Verapimil until the pharmacy changed the manufacturer on me.  The new one is MYLA and it sucks.  Could there actually be a difference in the 2 makes (I can't remeber what the old one was)? The pharmacy said not to worry, its all the same.  Tell that to my frigin head!!
  I was going pretty good for a year and a half.  I had some break throughs from time to time but it has gotten much worse since the change in medication.  Whats going on?  I am not nearly as constipated as I was on the old brand either.  Am I just growing immune to it??
IP Logged
justin
New Board Veteran
USA 

what it is...

jdo201
WWW Email

Re: another verapimil question
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19th, 2002, 9:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

i'm not sure if there is a difference or if it's a coincidence, but this time around on verapapmil i'm taking 240mg tabs instead of 120's and i am less constipated. it might ahve to with the addition of depakote, but i have no clue. also i did once try extended release verapmil and i had an alergic reaction to it and broke out in spots. that's never happened with any other formulation.  
jd
IP Logged

if any clusterheads in NYC want to get together shoot me an email justinott@mac.com
Ueli

Email

Re: another verapimil question
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19th, 2002, 10:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Verapamil is a chemical stuff, so it should be the same no matter what the brand name is.
But there are 3 different preparations: regular, sustained release (SR) and delayed release (ER,PM). Could be the pharmasist changed the preparation too. Regular is the one preferred for CH.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss