Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 2:05pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Just an observation »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Just an observation
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Just an observation  (Read 631 times)
ChristineL

Email

Just an observation
« on: Nov 20th, 2002, 7:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

OK - I am going to really date myself.

I was thinking after responding to a recent post, that although we have a very long way to go, we have, at least in my case come a long way.

I started with CH's in the 70's. Back then there was little known about them and not a lot of meds to try. Some of them are still tried and true today - like Oxygen for instance but others have gone by the wayside. I suffered for many years until I had ACTH injections which ended them. By the way - I was chronic back then.  

I then went into a 12 year remission and my headaches just came back this past July. Between this MB, the OUCH site and other internet information, I was able to assemble a quick and effective pain management system and now I have been PF since the beginning of September.  

I know there are many for whom meds, either preventative or abortive, don't work but I think we are still far better off than we were 30 years ago.  

Chris L
IP Logged
suzy617
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Love is friendship set on fire

suzy617
Email

Re: Just an observation
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21st, 2002, 4:58am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Chris, What are ACTH injections? I am not familiar with that.
suzy
IP Logged

When God measures men, He puts the tape around the heart, not the head.
ChristineL

Email

Re: Just an observation
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21st, 2002, 6:43am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Suzy,

I looked it up on Google. ACTH is also known as Corticotropin which is a "Pituitary hormone that stimulates the secretion of adrenal cortical steroids."

ChrisL
« Last Edit: Nov 21st, 2002, 7:05am by ChristineL » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss