Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 1:30pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Meditation that works for me »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Meditation that works for me
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Meditation that works for me  (Read 2645 times)
ScorpionHand

Email

Meditation that works for me
« on: Nov 25th, 2002, 12:04am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I read the post on circulatory redirection and have to say that I do believe it works, but unless your swinging your arms around, it is not entirely physical.  Lips Sealed  
   I have been able to wart off all of my daytime attacks with a form of meditation, and unless I wake in a full-blown attack, I can stave those off as well.
   The art I choose is based on the knowledge of the reality of pain. I explained this to my wife by telling her to put her hand on my head and tell me if she feels any pain. Of course she said no. I told her pain itself couldn't be perceived by anyone but the effected person. This is because pain itself does not exist. It is our brains translation of mortality. The only physical action that takes place are the electrical signals sent to the brain. The rest is based on the brains processing of these signals.  
  Given the fact that the CH is not a terminal disease nor does it lead in that direction (other than our acts in response to the pain), I started to meditate the fact that pain is a definition and that this pain does not exist. May sound a bit off the wall, but it really does work.
IP Logged
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: Meditation that works for me
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25th, 2002, 1:46am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

You flake. What a moron. I can't believe you actually did that and thought it worked. You don't have clusters you cheesy dink. That could never work for clusters. Man. I hate dopes like you. That kind of shit only works on... Oh wait. Say that all again? I used to be able to do that when I meditated regularly. Well, I disagree with the part of the pain being how our brain translates mortality. But, other than that, we're in agreement. BUT, that's not what Charlie's trying to do. What we'd do we'd still get the sensations but meditate on them non-judgementally and so our brain wouldn't process them as "bad" but just certain sensations. Charlie's method gets rid of the sensations, from what I hear. Man, I envy you. I haven't been able to do that for years, you cheesy dink!
IP Logged
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 25th, 2002, 1:50am »

LMAO Ted...........just what are you trying to say!
 Grin
IP Logged

Click The Flag
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 25th, 2002, 2:04am »

I don't know. Apparently I'll say anything to get you to stop agreeing with me.
IP Logged
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 25th, 2002, 4:50am »

on Nov 25th, 2002, 2:04am, Ted wrote:
I don't know. Apparently I'll say anything to get you to stop agreeing with me.

My agreeing with you is the least of your problems.
IP Logged

Click The Flag
domm
New Board Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 25th, 2002, 2:21pm »

from the archives...

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/wwwboard/messages/8553.html

never had the brain power to get it to work for me.... ;D
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 25th, 2002, 11:40pm »

Hey! Pain doesn't exist!

DJ: You can close up and do your fetish pages here now  Roll Eyes  

I hate to tell ya, but pain, real or imagined hurts like hell and tends to stick around. I don't care what you call it.  Let me know how you manage to "stave off" all your attacks. I started with it when I was 25 and now and then, no matter what I did, it clobbered my ass. I got pretty good at it too.  Dr. Wright said it was imperfect, and entirely physical. It is.  It's still worth the effort, however.  

Does your thing sound off the wall? You bet. You stave off cluster headaches with meditation?  

Bullshit.

Non-ethereal Charlie
« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2002, 11:48pm by Charlie » IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
ScorpionHand

Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 26th, 2002, 12:16am »

Give me a break Charlie! Ya know I only posted this for you... ;D If I meant for YOU to understand, I would have used three letter words and pictures. Wink

How I hate the narrow minded! You do it your way, and I'll do it mine. Don't really give a rats ass what you think about it.

If every one had to fight the beast the same way, most of us would be screwed... savy?
I tried circulation thing first and it didn't work, but this does.  
Let other people talk on this board! I'm sick of seeing everyone afraid to talk cause of people like you!
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 26th, 2002, 12:26am »

If something works, it works. I'm just one who thinks that a lot of miraclous things like this may be coincidental.  

It has been a long time since I had an attack and I wish I knew why it disappeared. I am rather dense though  Cheesy

Mean old Charlie  Roll Eyes
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #9 on: Nov 26th, 2002, 2:09am »

Charlie, what he's saying isn't off base or fucked up at all. It's not staving off an attack at all. It's going into the idea that pain is all a perspective. Kind of like the realization that pain is all personal and a 10 is a 10 for who ever feels it. What he's saying is (or what I'm saying, assuming we're on the same level on this) that it can be taken and the sensations can be felt but the mind can analyze them to be nothing more then sensations and neither good nor bad. For instance. That incredible burning that's felt in the cheek? You can sit there and mentally break it down to just what the burning feeling is: heat, tingling, tightness, pressure, etc... and say you feel all that but instead of concentrating on how much it hurts, ask yourself why it's all bad. They are, after all, just sensations. And if you can get by "it's bad because it hurts" and realize that all pain is just a frame of mind, you can get to the point of meditating so the pain is no more than what it is. Just a conglomeration of sensations. Unfortunately, like I said, it's been years since I've been able to do that.
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 26th, 2002, 9:32pm »

Sorry guys. You're right too Ted. I went over the top with my cranky reply.  I guess it has similar features as my thing.  I didn't look before I leapt.  

I'm the one who has written that I'd paint myself blue and howl at the moon if necessary.  At least your thing wouldn't get you a weekend in jail.

As I said, if it works, it works.  Not one of my more thoughtful posts.

Charlie
« Last Edit: Nov 26th, 2002, 9:43pm by Charlie » IP Logged

Azrael
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Sometimes... Being good just ain't worth it.

27810130 27810130   kennkurr  
WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Nov 27th, 2002, 1:51pm »

My theory on the whole bit... Pain is just the mind's way of telling you that something really fuckin' hurts, so maybe ya should fix it.

PFDAN.................................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged

"Hello police? I would like to report a robbery. Someone stole all my beer while I was drunk."
ScorpionHand

Email

« Reply #12 on: Nov 27th, 2002, 8:12pm »

Thanks Ted - thats exactly what I was trying to say.
~

Drk^Angel - I agree.  
~

The only way I cope is with meditation and the belief that each one is my last. I am blessed with massive rebounds and heart problems from meds. Zomig almost killed me! So I have to go at it on a different route. And yes I do believe it is a blessing - it keeps me healthy and the bills down. When I meditate, I am still bound by the beast until it passes, I just don't hurt (as long as I stay focussed).  
PFNAD ~
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss