Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 9:26am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « No more Sansert... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   No more Sansert...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: No more Sansert...  (Read 632 times)
Dave_W
New Board Junior

Pain Free Days!!!

Email

No more Sansert...
« on: Nov 25th, 2002, 8:42am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Team,

Although it seems to have only helped a small percentage of us (worked for me about every third year or so), we will miss Sansert.

I got a response from Novartis on Friday as to why none of my local pharmacies can find the stuff.  It's been discontinued -- the last batch made had expiry date of Feb 2003, so there probably isn't any out there available any more.

Just thought I'd update you.  My combo of verapamil+lithium+depakote seems to be doing some good work the past few days, with no side effects worth whining about, so for now I'll be thankful.

Pain Free Days, all!

Old Dave

IP Logged

Old Decrepit Dave
Hound_Dogg

Email

Re: No more Sansert...
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27th, 2002, 10:53am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I'm sorry to hear this...I've never had any luck with Sansert, but I've heard from people who've had sporadic help from this drug.  

Most US retail Pharmacies, pull their drugs 6 months prior to expiration. Which would of been in July. (If the last batch was 2/2003.

People in dire need can get the Phone number to your local retail drug chains Reclamation Center or Distribution Center to see if they have any Sansert with a good expiration date. Most places will arange to have the drug shipped back to a local store, if their is a need.

It's worth a try...Good Luck.
IP Logged
mustang
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

mustang  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 27th, 2002, 4:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I just got back from England, France, and Spain and no sansert to be found there. My doc has me on verapimal, pereactin,[ and been taking zomig  for the real bad ones]. Am having botox injections in Dec. let you know how that workes.

Mustang

By the way if any of you have luck with a aportive please let me know, I am chornic and nothing works for long.  

Thanks
IP Logged
MarcJ

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 2nd, 2002, 7:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Interesting info about Sansert.  It's been my only preventative since 1984 when I was diagnosed.  Looks like I'll have to find a new preventative the next time the Beast comes to call.  Not looking forward to that at all.  Have seen some posts on Sansert being blamed for 'vasculitis' in at least one CHer.  Would really like to hear some good news in the fight against our condition.  PFDAN to all of you!
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss