Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 11:49pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I accidentally found something that works!!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   I accidentally found something that works!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I accidentally found something that works!!!  (Read 3111 times)
chrisbaker807
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

I accidentally found something that works!!!
« on: Dec 2nd, 2002, 12:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My name is Chris, I am a 28 year old male from PA.  I was only diagnosed a couple of years ago but have been suffering since my late teens.  I get mine twice a year, right around when the clocks change and the days get longer and shorter.  I also have been diagnosed manic depressive.  Previously prednisone worked the best for me but you can only take so much and when i went of it they seem to come back with a vengeance.  Anyhow, i am into to weightlifting/bodybuilding and have been for years.  With my increasingly hectic schedule i've had, i haven't had the energy i needed to get a good workout in.  I was drinking energy drinks at the gym but they were about three bucks a day so i went to vitamin and tried "ripped fuel" it gave me the energy i needed for my workouts and i've taken it ever since.  This past September i made an appointment with my neorologist to get my prescriptions for my fall headaches.  They still have yet to come.  This is the first time in probably ten years that i have not gotten them.  I did some researh on the active ingredient in "ripped fuel" which is ephedra and found out that the Chinese had used it to treat headaches.  I have never heard of or read about trying this for clusters from any resource.  Try taking it daily.  I honestly think this is what is keeping me from getting them.  Good luck!!!!!
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

Re: I accidentally found something that works!!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 2nd, 2002, 12:51pm »

Hmmm, could be:

"The effects of ephedra are generally attributed to the alkaloid ephedrine which produces central nervous system stimulation; peripheral vasoconstriction; elevation of blood pressure; bronchodilation; cardiac stimulation and a decrease of intestinal tone and motility, among other effects."
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
suzy617
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Love is friendship set on fire

suzy617
Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 2nd, 2002, 6:01pm »

If I remember correctly, I think that ephedra has caused heart attacks in some people. I know myself that I cant take any of that stuff, makes my heart pound very hard and fast. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure its that stuff.
suzy
IP Logged

When God measures men, He puts the tape around the heart, not the head.
Jarvis
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 2nd, 2002, 10:15pm »

Chris I'm with you on the ephedrine. I am in a cycle and I take it daily and seldom get hit during the daylight hours. As I get very little sleep it also keeps me alert. I get day chs when I dont take it. It doesnt help much at night though. I use a low dose only as higher doses make for greater pain it seems. Ephedrine plus is my choice. Though I dont have allergies, pills are for allergy. 12.5 mg ephedrine hcl and 200 mg guaifenesin wich I think is also the active ingredient in benadryl. I take only one pill every 3 to 4 hrs and it allows me to work like a normal guy and quite often will abort the shadows allmost immediately.    I dont use it at night and have to take a break from it every 10 days or so as my joints and heart start to feel it.  I just stop for a day and then ok.   suzy you are absolutely right on the heart issue and noone that has any sighn of heart problems should ever touch the stuff as some deaths have been attributed to ephedrine abuse especially among athletes because of the energy burst it supplies.   Virtually every energy product out there on the shelves has ephedrine in it as the active ingredient. I assumed that ephedrine was known to all cluster folks.  If you try it, go with caution and dont mix with other prescripted drugs.     A search on this site a while back says it also causes rebound HAs.
IP Logged
Jarvis
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 2nd, 2002, 10:32pm »

If anyone else uses or has used ephedrine for CH. I for one would be interested in all knowledge and issues good and bad.   Helps me a major clusterhead. I use it as a short term preventative hours not days.  mj.
IP Logged
ave

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 3rd, 2002, 3:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

The one thing I do know about ephedrine is that it was forbidden over here for the use in nose sprays (very suggestive, that) because it was addictive in the sense that the mucus got used to ephedrine trimming ot down and started to swell in response. So more ephedrine, so...

I would not be eager to try it, not with my nose.
IP Logged
Azrael
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Sometimes... Being good just ain't worth it.

27810130 27810130   kennkurr  
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 3rd, 2002, 5:08pm »

Ephedrine is normally sold in tablet form here... Any thing from a cold medicine to engery tabs to diet pills I think.  Give it a couple of years, and it'll probably be a controlled substance in the US.

PFDAN................................. Drk^Angel
IP Logged

"Hello police? I would like to report a robbery. Someone stole all my beer while I was drunk."
Ueli

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 3rd, 2002, 6:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Ephedrine is also on the doping list. So sportsmen have to watch for that stuff if they need to take something against coughing.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss