Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 11:03am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Strange Reactions? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Strange Reactions?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Strange Reactions?  (Read 628 times)
ethendade
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Strange Reactions?
« on: Dec 3rd, 2002, 3:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

So....

I knowingly been having clusterheadaches for the last three years, but I remember experiencing the familiar pain back in highschool.  
  Not until this year did they get to the point that I had to see a doctor to get some kind of relief.  She put me on a low dose of verapamil (sp?)  The thing I found was that it got rid of my large attacks (the ones that would keep me in bed screaming ;D )
 but I would have constant little ones that were becoming more and more annoying.  

What I found is that my cluster headaches are optically triggered from stress, tension, over-straining my eyes, etc.  So I bought an eye patch, and when I feel a headache coming on, I put it on and it seems to either keep the headache low enough that I don't notice it, or gets rid of it completely.

My questions are this.  Do you think I am actually having cluster headaches?  The reason the doctor and I think this is because the headaches are coming in periods of about once a year.  Spanning anywhere from 4 to 6 months of sensitivity.  But does anyone else have optically or stress related reactions?

Second:   Has anyone else gotten any relief from covering their eye with something like an eye patch?
IP Logged
ave

Email

Re: Strange Reactions?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 3rd, 2002, 3:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

The attack cycle could very well fit into a cluster headache pattern.
Have you done the cluster quiz? You'll find it on the left, 4th button down.

Some people report extra sensitivity to light, but most of us cannot sit or lie in the dark, the way migraneurs do. Light does not trigger any attacks for me - so can't answer you.
IP Logged
domm
New Board Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 3rd, 2002, 6:06pm »

ethendade - light never bothered or seemed to affect my CHs. Verapamil is a very good preventative for CHs and has other uses. Double check your syptoms against the cluster quiz and see how you score. A correct diagnoses is the first step towards the right set of meds for you.
Good luck and let us know how things go
domm
IP Logged
suzy617
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Love is friendship set on fire

suzy617
Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 3rd, 2002, 6:28pm »

on Dec 3rd, 2002, 3:20pm, ethendade wrote:
So....

But does anyone else have optically or stress related reactions?

Second:   Has anyone else gotten any relief from covering their eye with something like an eye patch?

I am having an optical reaction now...I CANT SEE!!  Shocked
IP Logged

When God measures men, He puts the tape around the heart, not the head.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss