Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 6:45am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « A combined natural approach... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   A combined natural approach...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: A combined natural approach...  (Read 1278 times)
Jarvis
New Board Old Timer

Email

A combined natural approach...
« on: Dec 29th, 2002, 2:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi...A little history this year my headaches have been unpredictable. 3 months of 8 hits a day then another month down to 3 or 4 a night. Christmas day the CH went back to full lead K10 plus every hour after 2 hr attacks. I surmised that the junk foods eaten over the holidays may have had some bearing on the situation. I had not slept more than an hour a night since the 24th.... Thought I would try an accelerated combo of things I have read here. Water method, A variation on Charlies meditations, Both the hot and cold thing, pysical exercise. I have a sauna in my home............ I began with a cold air bath then drank a half gallon of water then into the sauna at 180 deg f. for an hour, Allmost immediate attack occured but I actually sat thru it in a deep meditation zone. Etreme sweating in a dry sauna, back to the cold air for another 20 min another half gallon of water back to sauna & attack again did pushups in there, again sweat out water till dry, out to cold 20deg f. air again more water, back to sauna no headache this time. Poured on the steam and another hour. Repeated this process for 7 hrs straight. Drank several gallons of water and thought I could no way do this again then I had one of those fleeting bam attacks the ones that last just a few secs but put you on your knees. So backk I went to the sauna for about another 45 mins then took a cold water shower. I was definately relaxed to the extreme and should have been in pain. I wandered around like a zombie a while and then went to sleep.............. I slept for 9 hrs very deeply and did not awaken even for a blink. I awoke this morning without pain. Did it work?.....I will let you know tommorrow.  I am gonna live today.
« Last Edit: Dec 29th, 2002, 2:25pm by Jarvis » IP Logged
firebrix
New Board Hall of Famer
New_Zealand 

I must never weaken.

Re: A combined natural approach...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29th, 2002, 4:19pm »

Hi there Jarvis!
Sorry to hear you've had a bad run too.
I am just a little worried about you spending so long in a sauna. Maybe it IS OK, but ours' says that we should stay in there no longer than half an hour! 7 hours just might fry you!!!! I'd hate to read that you were found.............. perfectly sauteed.
I also understand that we'd do anything to stop the pain, but just wanted to remind you that we can overdo saunas.
I hope that you've stopped this cycle, friend.
I also hope that you're having a happy PF day.
Mopar tried saunas but honestly, we don't believe that they improved his CH. His skin improved though!
Have a good day
firebrix
IP Logged

"All that it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke
Jarvis
New Board Old Timer

Email

Re: A combined natural approach...
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30th, 2002, 11:33pm »

Update 48 hrs.............NO PAIN............A few shadow types yesterday but none today. I havent had 48 hrs without CH since mid september. I also believe that this cycle of mine was probably due to end anyways.........Brix I wasnt in there the whole 7 hrs for heavens sake it was an in a bit out a bit thing maybe 5 rounds. I had a sighn somewhere that said 30 min too but I threw it away, as I like a good hr at least..........In the past I seldom used the sauna during cycle as it seemed to aggravate. However I have never used to this extreme. See if Mopar would be willing to try a day of it like I did. what do you have to lose. Keep gallons of cool not cold water outside the door lay off the steam keep it dry and sweat till dry than reload have a snack when energy depleted and do it again.Dont quit. .......It seems a good way to greet the new year if you cant or dont drink.........Slightly toasted .mj
« Last Edit: Dec 30th, 2002, 11:48pm by Jarvis » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss