Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 5:56pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Organization of the Fla. chapter of OUCH »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Gatherings, Fundraisers and Fun
   Meetings and Gatherings
(Moderator: DJ)
   Organization of the Fla. chapter of OUCH
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Organization of the Fla. chapter of OUCH  (Read 750 times)
Donna
New Board Newbie
USA 

Organization of the Fla. chapter of OUCH
« on: Sep 9th, 2003, 8:29am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

is scheduled for October 11th in Englewood , Florida.

Anyone, from any area, is invited just for the sake of being together with other clusterheads.......one of the most rewarding experiences you'll ever have.

Below is one of several previous posts:
---------------------------------------------------------------
The main purpose for this gathering is the formation of a chapter, but we will have time for fun things to do too.  We are right on the ocean (cookout on the beach)......boating excursions (2-1/2 hour lunch cruise around the outer islands)(sunset cruise), sight seeing Boca Grande Island, Sanabel Island, Old quaint Naples, Venice tourist attractions and much more. These include all levels of dining on the water & quaint old Florida atmosphere  

Below is my post of about a month ago explaining lodging accomodations:  

OK.....it's Oct 11th for sure.  

I just talked with Englewood Beach & Yacht Club (EBYC) and find that, being time-share condos whose owners either use them themselves or rent them out to people like us, the owners have not yet notified EBYC about using or renting..........so my friend and ex-co-worker is going to start making phone calls today to the owners.    

I've also checked with another place on the beach, which I would highly recommend, called Castaways and they do have several 2 br, 2ba units available on the beach.  They have a 3 night minimum at $97.00 per night or $674 for the week. This place is nicely furnished and has outdoor grills, a pool with self-bar and very tropical atmosphere.  It is right next to the Englewood beach on the Gulf.  Also within walking distance to a couple of very good restaurants, great seafood & steaks, and the Tiki Bar with its' Island Music (and food).  

If I don't hear from EBYC within the next two days, I think we sould book with Castaways.  They require a $200.00 deposit to hold the unit and have a 45 day cancellation period.  

There's also the Veranda Inn with the usual double occupancy for $62.00 per night, a 2 br.efficiency of sorts. king and double, with a refrig and micro for $77.00, and a 2 br apt with king, twins and sleeper sofa for $110.00.  

Forget Days Inn....wouldn't recommend this one.  

The sooner we book, the better the chance for a unit closer to the beach.  

You can check out EBYC at http/:www.vacationfla.com/manasota.html and click on Manasota Key.  
 ----------------------------------------------------------------

There's still time to make arrangements..........drop me an IM or e-mail.
IP Logged
Lone_Wolf_FLA
New Board Newbie

Who Knew?!

Email

Re: Organization of the Fla. chapter of OUCH
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10th, 2003, 7:51pm »

Okay, Oct. 11, I might be able to do that. But has it been decided on the exact WHERE in Englewood? I'm confused, but then that's easy for me. I need more details, please.
IP Logged
Donna
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Sep 11th, 2003, 2:33pm »

Directions are:

South on I 75 to Venice.  Right off of 2nd Venice exit(Jacarnda ). Turn right on Jacaranda Blvd.  

Approx 4 miles later, Jacaranda ends at SR 776. Turn  left  This is also known as Englewood Rd, Indiana Rd, and eventually South McCall.

Take SR 776 approx 9 miles until you see McDonalds on the right.  Beach Road is just before McDonalds.........take it going right (towards ocean).  2 miles later you will see Englewood Beach.  Turn left  on Gulf Blvd.  and the 3rd complex on the left is EBYC.

If you look this up on a stupid internet map, you might find Englewood Beach mis-called Punta Gorda Beach.  Punta Gorda Beach is not on Manasota Key.

Some of us will be there from Thursday on thru the weekend.  Our OUCH meeting is schedule at 3:00 Saturday.

When you arrive at Englewood Beach & Yache Club, check with the office for my unit number.

Their phone number is 1-941-474-7761

I will have our condo Friday at 2:00.

IP Logged
Lone_Wolf_FLA
New Board Newbie

Who Knew?!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 11th, 2003, 4:41pm »

WOW! Now that's what I call DETAILS!!!  

I was really just looking for something like we're meeting at the Englewood Beach and Yacht Club at 3:00 on Saturday.

or Castaways at 3:00 on Saturday.

But hey, this works, thank you.
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 18th, 2003, 11:56pm »

Time is getting closer...anymore clusterheads signing up for the Florida meeting?  IT IS GOING TO BE FANTASTIC...cant wait to see everyone...smiles,nancyc
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #5 on: Sep 28th, 2003, 4:16am »

I'm ready -- Nancy is ready   Bill and Deb are you ready?????  Get some extra light bulbs -- I PLAN to wake Nancy UP!!! BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Donna
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Oct 1st, 2003, 11:14am »

I''m ready and so is Barb G and Andy.

Just one shocking report for me to make......the pink thingy is BLUE.............look at your pictures from last time.
IP Logged
andy
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 4th, 2003, 9:22pm »

http://www.vacationfla.com/EBYvt_beach.htm
IP Logged
Lone_Wolf_FLA
New Board Newbie

Who Knew?!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 11th, 2003, 11:47pm »

I am sorry I had to miss the meeting but I had an unexpected business meeting come up in the Orlando area, my apologies.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss