Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 5:15am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Sin City »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Gatherings, Fundraisers and Fun
   Meetings and Gatherings
(Moderator: DJ)
   Sin City
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Sin City  (Read 758 times)
LasVegas
New Board Veteran
USA 

Episodic CH since 11 yrs old, now 39.

Email

Sin City
« on: Oct 3rd, 2003, 3:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

If anybody living in or planning a visit to Las Vegas would like to meet in person, let me know.  
 Gregg in Las Vegas
ghwieser@aol.com
IP Logged

Wishing all a Pain Free 2008!
LasVegas
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

Re: Sin City
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24th, 2003, 10:36pm »

We will be holding our first CH support group meeting in Las Vegas this Tuesday, October 28th at 7pm at the Clark County Public Library located on East Flamingo, between Maryland Pkwy and Spencer.  

Spouses and other supporters welcome. Neurologists, nurse practitoners and Emergency Room employees highly encouraged.  

If you have not already confirmed your attendance or need more details, email me.
Gregg in Las Vegas
IP Logged

vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 28th, 2003, 3:35pm »

What happens there stays there!
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
LasVegas
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 28th, 2003, 5:53pm »

on Oct 28th, 2003, 3:35pm, vig wrote:
What happens there stays there!

Sure Vig, agreed, that is how I am running this meeting.  Anybody interested, the Las Vegas 1st meeting is tonight at the Clark County Public Library on East Flamingo at Maryland Pkwy (across from Starbucks and SavOn Drugs) at 7pm.  Meet in the main lobby entrance off the back parking lot.  About 8 people say they will show.  Hope to see you there.
Gregg in Las Vegas
IP Logged

LasVegas
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 29th, 2003, 12:40pm »

It was so good to meet five other Cluster Sufferers last night at our first "Cluster Sufferer" Las Vegas meeting.  We all introduced ourselves, discussed preventative and abortive meds, local doctors, discussion of hypothalymus gland and trigeminal nerve, triggers, potentially forming a local chapter of OUCH, exchanged phone numbers, a demo of the "Imitrex Tip", etc.  Met for 2 and a half hours.

All six of us were male, four out of six are smokers, we all are overthinkers, we all are left sided sufferers, ages ranged from 32 to 56, five of us are episodic, one was chronic, we all have health insurance or VA medical assistance, two of the six are Vietnam Veterans, three of us are self employed, one service-related disabled and two are full time employees, two reported deviated septums on the left (Cluster) side-one of these two men had it fixed but did not cure CH's, one had a brain tumor removed-but did not cure CH's, one with history of two closed head injuries.  Of the six of us, one has been PF for 4 days, one is chronic with an average of 1 or 2 daily, the other four haven't experienced a CH in 2, 3 and respectively 4 years.  Reported initial onset of CH's began at age 11, 16, 24, 30 and mid-20's, mid-30s.  Very productive first meeting with all of us understanding that we now have local contacts and are not alone.
Gregg in Las Vegas
IP Logged

LasVegas
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 30th, 2003, 9:53pm »

Anyone interested in Round Two, sometime early December?

Gregg in Las Vegas
IP Logged

Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 12:40pm »

Sounds good, but will need to be a weekend, as during the week right now is a joke with the kids and such.

Tia
IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss