Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 28th, 2024, 8:43am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Whitewater meet and greet »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Gatherings, Fundraisers and Fun
   Meetings and Gatherings
(Moderator: DJ)
   Whitewater meet and greet
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Whitewater meet and greet  (Read 752 times)
Biker
New Board Old Timer
USA 

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

Whitewater meet and greet
« on: Jan 26th, 2005, 3:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Interested folks may wish to call  Sandy at
1-888-ACE-RAFT  ext.126.

We have been registered for the CLUSTER group.  Sandy will arrange the needs of our entire goup.  The weekend of June 4th is ours, if we wish it.  

Due to the cost of the adventure,  
IP Logged

Ride it like ya stole it.
Biker
New Board Old Timer
USA 

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Whitewater meet and greet
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26th, 2005, 3:47pm »

I choose not to pay out of pocket for all those who may wish to attend.  I thought it best for all who wish, to pay their own passage, and make their own sleeping arrangements.    

After you pay to play, I think it would be kinda nice if ya made a post here to let others know how many folks we could possibly get to meet.  

Fayette County,  West Virginia.   New River.   June 4th.   Oak Hill, West Virginia.   There are several hotels and motels in the area for those who wish less expensive sleeping arrangements.    

I will be on a bike with a sleeping bag.  

Go figure.
IP Logged

Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 28th, 2005, 1:35pm »

I just talked with Sandy.  The rafting is set for SATerday.  The cost is $114 and that includes lunch with the rafting trip.  They have a web page aceraft.com.  A room with a fully equipted kitchen, hot tub on porch that has q size beds and is for 2 people.
That is 119/night.  

The airport code is CRW and they run a shuttle bus to and from the airport.  So no need to rent a rental car.

There is a dinning hall that serves food and quites serving at 7:30 on Friday night.  So make your flights early

Sandi's email is Sandi@aceraft.com
Please feel free to contact her with more questions etc or to book.  They do have have large cabins with multiple rooms also.    

« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2005, 2:36pm by Karla » IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 31st, 2005, 11:55pm »

I was wondern if you could RIDE there and camp.....prolly be a 3 or 4 hour ride tho.....not sure ? You ever go to The Freedom Rally biker ? It's near the WV border in southern Ohio (New Somerset Ohio).Jus wonderin cuz it's a 'big' event first weekend in July for the 4th alot of people go to from your area up to ours. (Veterans stuff too) Anyhow.....sounds like alot of fun !! I think our old Shovel would make it Pam  Smiley
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Biker
New Board Old Timer
USA 

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: Feb 2nd, 2005, 7:15pm »

Sure ya could ride there and camp.  The area is fairly biker friendly.  
  I have not been to Ohio"s Freedom rally.  Been to Chillicothe a few times--before it got too wild,(or perhaps I grew too old).
   There is a new HD shop in Hico, and an old aftermarket parts shop in Beverly called Spiders.  Both should have parts for a Shovelhead if parts are needed.  Both those shops are within 30 miles of Oak Hill.   Also shops in Marrietta, Ohio, and Charleston,WVa.  
    Great area to ride also.  Gauley mountain is one of my favorites.  Then if time permits, theres always the "high country" in the Eastern part of the state.  If ya like twistey roads, then your gonna love riding the hills.  
    Shovelheads are the best looking engine the company ever produced, with the old flat sided sportsters right there with them.  (MY PERSONAL OPINION) Gotta love old iron.    
    We in W.Va, are all hoping the new governor will trash the helmet law this month.  For now, its a skid lid state.  
IP Logged

cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 4th, 2005, 1:04am »

Man I'd LOVE to be able to ride down there.....forgot ya got a helmet law......so we'd need to round them up. Our old Shovel is pretty well taken care of.....motor is redone and has the stroker kit and dam thing can fly I swear.....gotta love that "ba-whuuuumba" it makes ! He's workin  puttin disc brakes on it this summer.....we jus don't have much stoppin power. Were used to long curvy hilly road rides too.....anything is better then city ridein. Were in a hilly woodsy area anyhow. Brad keeps one saddlebag full of tools and is the TOOL MAN when others break down cuz he can usually fix em up with about anything they need. We don't go to Chilicothi anymore either.....it got a bit too out of control wild and too many young people that think all women are a free for all there. Too many fights and stuff. And stuff gettin stolen sucks. You'd like our abate's freedom rally in July......maybe you can make it !!! I need to map out your area and see how long a trip it'd be to ride. Be kinda cool to ride with ya down there !!! Keep the shiney side up Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #6 on: Feb 4th, 2005, 9:48am »

We just found out that the number of people that attend and register can determine the actual price of a discount involved.  So it could end up being $80 or so if lots of people come!!!!
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Biker
New Board Old Timer
USA 

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

withRe: Whitewater meet and greet
« Reply #7 on: Feb 4th, 2005, 1:06pm »

I believe with enough notice---Trip June 4th----theres plenty of notice,  that  paticular company could handle close to a thousand folks in a single group.  The Clusterheads could be numerous.  
   The grounds have some small ponds for folks who like to fish.  A play pond for folks who like to play around with small boats.  Lots of hiking trails, mountainbiking trails, and off the grounds is plenty of areas for the ones who like motorized dirtbike and 4 wheelers, and even the Jeepers.  Also horseback trails.  
   I believe this company even has kiddo things to do.  I forget what the youngest age limit is, but some folks put their children on a raft trip on the Upper New River while the parents raft the Lower New River.  The age limit for the lower New use to be 16.  That may have changed over the years.  You will have to call to confirm that.  
    There is an "overnight on the river" trip, but I thought most of us would want a shower on Saturday evening.  By taking the one day river run, we would have a chance to meet each other in the dining hall, cabins, and campgrounds.  The overnight on the river is kinda fun, but its kinda hard to find someplace to plug in a hair drier,  and they never pack enough beer on an overnight.
    The dining hall specialty is (As Usuall)  Steak.  Along with all the trimmings and fixins.  If you wish something different or special, use that toll free number to call in your request.  I heard tell of a group of a couple hundered who had lobster and crab.  I know the owner, and his motto is "Please the guest."  
    I am sure a small oxygen bottle could be "strapped" to a raft.  There would be time between rapids for those who need to inhale.  Depending on the Posts I see here, I could inform the owner and management of the needs of a clusterhead.  The regulator may have to be assembled if needed--cant have anything sharp.  I personally (when I run the creek) leave my bottle at the bottom of the run in the truck.  Never seemed to have an attack on the river, but afterward I have (a couple of times) become kinda disabled with brain pain.   I will ask that a couple of oxygen tanks be availiable on the grounds (Im pretty sure it will be welders oxygen) for those who get an attack.  
    Send me one of them personal messages if you have a question ya dont wanna post on the board.  
    Lets go have some fun.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss