Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 7th, 2024, 7:02am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Mid West Meet and greet? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Gatherings, Fundraisers and Fun
   Meetings and Gatherings
(Moderator: DJ)
   Mid West Meet and greet?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Mid West Meet and greet?  (Read 877 times)
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Mid West Meet and greet?
« on: Oct 8th, 2006, 4:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm looking into a meet and greet for the weekend of November 3-6, 2006.  Stevens Point WI at the Country Springs Hotel. I can get us reduced rates around 69.00 a night (or less) for standard 2 bed smoking rooms, free shuttle to and from the CWA airport for people who want to fly in, and if we can get 10 rooms minimum booked there can be a 2 room suite, at reduced rate so we can have a "living room area" indoors after lounge hours (2 AM) where we can smoke, bring our favorite beverages, etc that maybe we could all pitch in for.  

There are 2 restaruants inside the hotel, and numerous other dining places all within walking distance.  That weekend there is also a band playing in the lounge Friday and Saturday night.

If there is enough interest (at least 10 rooms) I can have everything finalized with the final costs by the end of this week.
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
alienspacebabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

yup. i am. i do. uh huh. you know it hon.

alienspacelizzie   MzClusterhead
WWW Email

Re: Mid West Meet and greet?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 8th, 2006, 9:40pm »

I've got a Badger game on the 4th.... Guess I'll drive there from Stevens Point!

Be there or be square!
IP Logged

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves.
purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 9th, 2006, 12:04am »

I'll be there.  Grin
IP Logged

Killroy 2.0
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kilroy 2.0 is Here! Kilroy 2.0 is Everywhere!

gmlevenhagen  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 9th, 2006, 2:35pm »

Sorry, I have way to much planned already Tongue

From now till FEB I will be broke. I have to save all my money for Chrismas and DavCon

Edited to ad: Can you not hold it till davCon  laugh. and are you coming to DavCon this year?
« Last Edit: Oct 9th, 2006, 2:39pm by Killroy 2.0 » IP Logged

Do the walls speak to you? Do you follow the Geek Messiah? DO YOU COMPLY?!
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 9th, 2006, 8:08pm »

I won't know what is going to happen about DavCon this year now either.  My department just lost two gals in two weeks, another gaver her notice today, and another sales rep is interviewing for a transfer position at another one of our papers.  Who knows how short staffed we are going to be Jan.  Then, if I have the kids that weekend, as it appears I do, it won't work, because of course Dad would have a fit swotching weekends.  

More and more crap is pileing up on top of us, and we keep getting promised at least ONE ad assistant of not  two, but no one has been hired yet.

So....thats where DavCon kinda stands right now...in limbo.
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
lashultz
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Oct 11th, 2006, 4:21pm »

I will try to make it the 3rd or 4th. pending family obligations. I hope it works out.  

Lee
IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 11th, 2006, 11:20pm »

I need Minimum of 10 rooms to get us a discount rate folks.

I'll check back tomorrow evening and see what we got.  I've also been working on a tour of the local brewery. Maybe a second one just 15 minutes away if I can get them to answer the damn phone.

Sunday would have a trip to the planetarium at the college campus for a show there.  Maybe a tour of the early logging history museum after that.

IP Logged

alienspacebabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 11th, 2006, 11:23pm »

10 room-nights? or 10 rooms a night?
IP Logged

Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #8 on: Oct 24th, 2006, 7:48pm »

It was 10 room nights, but since the interest was so low, we missied the window to book at that rate.  I'd still like to get a few folks together if for but one night.

Please let me know ASAP if anyone still wants to try to get together the weekend of Nov 3-6 ok?
IP Logged

alienspacebabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Oct 31st, 2006, 10:21pm »

So, is it on or off? (just wondering....)
IP Logged

Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 1st, 2006, 12:27pm »

Didn't receive enough interest to book the rates.  So I guess it's off.

I'm still taking from tomorrow thru Monday off work, since I have to get the days in before the end of the year or loose them.  I still ahve another 3 days to use us which I scheduled around the holidays to make them less stressful for me.  

I'm the new kid on the block, so I'm working Black Friday.  (day after Thanksgiving)  Nothing to do  that day, but be here and waste time ....and get paid for it.

IP Logged

maffumatt

Email

« Reply #11 on: Nov 1st, 2006, 2:53pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Nov 1st, 2006, 12:27pm, Redd715 wrote:
Didn't receive enough interest to book the rates.  So I guess it's off.

I had lots and lots of interest Pegg, I just couldn't make it happen.
IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #12 on: Nov 1st, 2006, 7:48pm »

Don't worry Matt, I'll try to get something more specific in place for maybe April...

Specially for those who are close who just can't swing the Richmond trip.  From the looks of things financialy, I may be putting some money into finally getting all those broken teeth fixed, and my tax refund will go to deductable and co pays.  Anything left over, will be reserved for Richmond.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss