Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 12:39pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New Hampshire Sufferers »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Gatherings, Fundraisers and Fun
   Meetings and Gatherings
(Moderator: DJ)
   New Hampshire Sufferers
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Hampshire Sufferers  (Read 1247 times)
noranate
New Board Newbie
USA 

Nora-N-Nate You Are My World

Email

New Hampshire Sufferers
« on: Dec 7th, 2006, 9:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Is there anyone interested in a meet and greet in New Hampshire. I wouls love to get together with fellow CH'ers to discuss our situations over a cocktail or a cup of joe. I could get something going if there is any interest.

Peter
IP Logged

Peter Marchese
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

Re: New Hampshire Sufferers
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 9:29pm »

I'm in NH Peter.
IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
noranate
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 18th, 2006, 9:38pm »

How long have you been dealing with these damn things? I have had them for 19 years. I just got diagnosed 6 years ago though. Where in NH are you. I'm in Nashua. I would love to get together with fellow sufferers for a drink or coffee or something and share our experiences and maybe start a support network or something. Something where maybe we can call each other when we need help when we reach wits end or just need to talk or something or need advice on medication. Let me know if your interested. Thanks.

Peter
IP Logged

Peter Marchese
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 20th, 2006, 8:16am »

About 7 yrs or so... First I was episodic but now I've been chronic for a few years now.  I'm in Bristol.  I think there are a couple other NH CHheads but the member map wouldn't load for me.  It definately would be nice to have a small meet n greet.  It's pretty awesome to meet a fellow ch'er, I've met two, one was ClusterChuck and the other one was one a local pharmacists' around here, got to talkin with him one day when I had a med filled.  Just talking with someone that KNOWS is quite amazing
IP Logged

noranate
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 21st, 2006, 12:21am »

I'm sure it is. My wife is a great listener and a great supporter but she admits she just cant understand. I have never me someone who can understnd. So maybe after the first of the year we can set something up and in the meantime we can keep searching for other New Hampsherites. Hope you have a great holiday weekend. Keep me posted and I'll do the same. Thanks.

Peter
IP Logged

Peter Marchese
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 27th, 2006, 8:39am »

Peter,
I was thinking about a Northeast meet n greet, I posted another thread concerning this.  Just wanted to let you know and see what you think...

As for future support it would be awesome to have a NH support group or get to gother for coffee or a drink ESP when things get hard for a CH'er or supporter.
IP Logged

noranate
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 27th, 2006, 8:44pm »

Both of those ideas sound really great. Send me some more specific information to juliepeter@verizon.net and lets see what we can do. I'm glad to see a few other people interested. Its funny how its a catch 22 how you hop alot of people respond so you can meke new friends but if alot do respond in means alot of people have these damn things. Any way if I don't here from you have a great new year.

Peter Cool
IP Logged

Peter Marchese
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 29th, 2006, 2:58pm »

#1 after the new year is great...
#2 a group meet would be good  

But regardless if no one is up for it, I sure am.  My hubby is a wonderful supporter, esp now (it took him awhile to be compassionate.  He doesn't get pissy now, like back in the day.  But regardless to meet another sufferer is so awesome.  For years I've been dying to go to the CH conference... I've been off and on here for so many years I need to meet the friends and aquintences I've talked to over the years, it would be quite awesome.  Ok babbling now....

But I was thinking... I'm not familiar with Nashua, is Manchester or Concord Central between to Bristol and you?  Maybe a lunch or dinner and drinks somewhere between here and there?  You could bring your wife and me my hubby and we could get a sitter if its a sat or sunday...
« Last Edit: Dec 29th, 2006, 2:59pm by Tara Ann » IP Logged

noranate
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 29th, 2006, 9:27pm »

Nashua is right on the Mass NH border and about 20 minuets south of Manchester and 45 minuets south of Concord so any of those areas would be great. A Saturday or Sunday would be great. We have kids also so we could get a sitter. It could be a double thing for me. I could meet another sufferer and have a date night with the wife. Let me know what weekends you are available and we can work out the details and pick out a resteraunt and location. It sounds like fun and I'm looking forward to it. I also understand wahat you mean about the whining. My wife was like that in the beginning too. Basically just thinking that I had a "headache" or was trying to get out of doing things. She is the one one who found this website and it wasn't until she read the letters on the home page that it finally sunk in for her. I think she actually broke down in tears when she read that and could'nt believe it. Are you on Imitrex? If you are has the doctor ever told you that you were not to take it more than 3 times a week. I know that your not supposed to take more than 2 shots in a 24 hour period but now after 8 months on it suddenly he is telling me that I am not supposed to take it for more than 3 days a week. i have never heard of that warning. Basically he is telling me I have been severly overdosing on it since I use it almost daily. Any hope to hear from you soon. Have a fun and safe New Year.

Peter Cool
IP Logged

Peter Marchese
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Feb 2nd, 2007, 9:05am »

Hey Peter so sorry it's taken me this long to get back to you!  We are planning our first real vacation lately (woohoo Florida sun in the third week of feb!)   Other than that week pick a Sat or Sunday night.  We can't pass up a date night either.  We are about 45 minutes north of Concord, so seems to me Concord would be a good meeting area.  All kinds of restaurants we could meet at!
IP Logged

DannyV
New Board Junior
USA 

Save Deadwood

Email

« Reply #10 on: Apr 19th, 2007, 10:06am »

I'd come up to N.H. Let me know!
IP Logged

My life is like water, swirrling down the drain.
Gonna get me a shotgun, and disconnect my brain.
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

« Reply #11 on: Apr 22nd, 2007, 6:08am »

SHEESH!!  Ya damnd finiky New Englanders!!

JUS MEET!!!  DAYUM!!!  LOL

There is NOTHING like meeting other clusterheads!  I have now been to three conventions, four local meet'n'greets, and several individual clusterheads  ... That crazy Taraann, being one of them!

Chuck

(Pssst, Tara, luv, don't tell them that I am a born and bred Ma$$hole ... )
IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

« Reply #12 on: Apr 22nd, 2007, 6:59am »

Danny, I STRONGLY recomend you go back and modify your post, to remove your phone number.  You can give it to the people in your area by PM, but posting it is dangerous ...

After all, I could even call you ...  And THAT would be scary!!! LOL

Chuck
IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: May 8th, 2007, 1:04am »

Chuck is right (wow you won't hear that too awful much! don't let it go to your scrambled brain there chuckles!)

Besides I'm moving to Florida June/July.  LET'S MEET!  Stella's sounds cool to me.  Wanna plan on there?  Let's get this ball rollin!
IP Logged

DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

« Reply #14 on: Jul 25th, 2007, 3:23pm »

Did this meet ever happen?  I'm in NE MA and only 45 minutes from Manchester.  I'd love to meet another clusterhead.

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
DannyV
New Board Junior
USA 

Save Deadwood

Email

« Reply #15 on: Jul 25th, 2007, 5:43pm »

I took my posts off cuz I got nervous. You guys spooked me.  I would still like to do the meet for sure though. I am not as goofy as I might have sounded in previous posts.  Did you ever read something you wrote a while back, and be like," Was that really me?"  "I sound like a moron!"
IP Logged

My life is like water, swirrling down the drain.
Gonna get me a shotgun, and disconnect my brain.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss