Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 6:42am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Miller Brewing Tour »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Milwaukee 2006
(Moderator: DJ)
   Miller Brewing Tour
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Miller Brewing Tour  (Read 2050 times)
alienspacebabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

yup. i am. i do. uh huh. you know it hon.

alienspacelizzie   MzClusterhead
WWW Email

Miller Brewing Tour
« on: Jul 7th, 2006, 12:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Miller Brewing Company offers a free, entertaining tour, guiding visitors through the rich history and brewing process of Miller beers. The one-hour guided walking tour allows guests to experience an informative 3-screen video and provides an up-close look at the brewhouse, packaging center and historical caves. Tours conclude with hospitality at the historic Miller Inn or beer garden where guests can relax and enjoy a frosty beer sample (if 21 or older). Soda provided for guests under 21.

Miller Brewing Company Visitor Center
and Girl in the Moon Gift Shop
4251 W. State Street
Milwaukee, WI 53208

Girl in the Moon Gift Shop is open
Monday through Saturday year round.
Closed select holidays.
Winter Shop Hours (Labor Day to Memorial Day)
10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Summer Shop Hours (Memorial Day to Labor Day)
10:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.

Tours generally available from 10:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. daily
Call 414-931-BEER or 800-944-LITE for DAILY UPDATES!
– Reservations suggested for groups of 15 or more –

Note from ASB: This facility is approximately 45 to 50 minutes from the hotel.
IP Logged

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves.
LadyLuv
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: Miller Brewing Tour
« Reply #1 on: Jul 8th, 2006, 12:39pm »

Yeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooo... I want to go..

Free Frosty Beer - Un hu that's for me

Lady Luv
IP Logged

http://i5.tinypic.com/20s7l1l.jpg [/img ]
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #2 on: Jul 8th, 2006, 2:30pm »

For those who might be looking for the microbrew atmosphere, this tour is one of my favorites (and the beer is far superior as well, in my humble opinion):

Sprecher Brewery Tours

Start your tour in our Rathskellar Museum where you can view brewing memorabilia from long gone Wisconsin breweries while waiting for your tour to begin. Next, visit the brew house and discover how Sprecher is reviving the Old World brewing traditions that once made Milwaukee famous. Travel through the lager cellar to see the Bavarian murals on display on our bottling room wall.

After the brewery tour, the next best thing to Munich is Sprecher's indoor beer garden, with oom-pah music and samples from any of up to ten beers and seven sodas on draught. Prosit!
RESERVATIONS REQUIRED

Call 414-964-2739 between 11am-6pm CST the week of the tour to make a reservation.
Tour Details
Times

Year Round:  We generally have tours available throughout the year on Fridays at 4pm and Saturdays at 1, 2, and 3pm. Call for exact times as they may change slightly from week to week.

Summertime:  Between Memorial Day and Labor Day we also offer tours on certain weekdays (usually Monday, Wednesday and Friday, depending on our production and special event scheduling) at 4pm. Call for dates and times.

Holidays: While we generally do not offer tours on major holidays, we do normally offer additional tours on the days surrounding major holidays (e.g. the day after Thanksgiving). Call close to the holiday to get details.

Special Notices:  We are closed on July 4th.

Cost
Seniors:  $2
Adults:  $3
Anyone under 21:  $1 (goes to children's charities)

What does the tour involve?

The tour of the brewery takes you from our Rathskellar museum to our brewhouse, through our aging cellar to our bottling line and warehouse, all the while guided by a friendly and knowledgeable tour guide. The tour ends in our indoor beer tent where samples are served, questions are answered and usually a trivia contest or two ensues. All adults 21 and older get 4 samples of beer (chosen from up to 10 beers on tap) and a beer tasting glass to take home. Adults as well as kids get to sample all of our seven different sodas to their heart's content.

Editor's note: ASB, not trying to undermine your efforts here. Miller is a great tour as well. I just like the beer at the end of the Sprecher tour much better.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Mrs Deej
CH.com Administrator
USA 

My life is what I make it....and it's beautiful!

« Reply #3 on: Jul 8th, 2006, 6:44pm »

DJ and I looked into this a couple few weeks ago...we are there!!!  (We want to see where all our money goes!   Grin  )

Even though I've been in this business for many years now and know what it's all about, I can't go to Milwaukee without seeing where my beer starts!

me&mb
MrsDeej

...I'd be more than happy to make reservsations for whom ever wants to go with us!
« Last Edit: Jul 8th, 2006, 6:46pm by Mrs Deej » IP Logged

Live everyday as if it were your last, ALWAYS say 'I love you' when leaving someone dear to your heart and NEVER go to bed angry!

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss