Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 9:28am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Clusterheads Documentary »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Richmond 2007
(Moderator: DJ)
   Clusterheads Documentary
« No topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Clusterheads Documentary  (Read 6385 times)
justin
New Board Veteran
USA 

what it is...

jdo201
WWW Email

Clusterheads Documentary
« on: Jun 22nd, 2007, 1:41pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I haven't been able to post for a while. I wanted to update everyone on my progress and plans for my documentary.  

First of all I just want to say thank you to everyone who has written me expressing interest in seeing or obtaining a copy of the film. Unfortunately the film is not complete but your emails have encouraged me to keep going and remind me how important it is that I do. With that being said, I would like to bring up my future plans.

I will be attending the convention this year in Richmond and would really like to shoot some more footage. A couple of years ago in Nashville I got some really good footage, but I was still a little green at the documentary process. I would like to follow up with some people and do some more interviews much like I did in Nashville and Davenport in 2006. I have been going through a lot of the footage from both of those get-to-gethers and it is great, but it can be better and that is my intention this time around. Having gone through the footage and done numerous outlines, drafts, and grant applications I have a better understanding of the structure of the film and what I need to shoot. I hope to shoot at this years convention and with a few individuals this fall and winter. Then I can aim for a rough cut completion in the Spring of next year. It's a really long process and I have to keep taking breaks so I can work and save up money. And that has also included a lot of travel.  Over the past few years I've worked on a number of reality shows as both a director and shooter and have learned a lot. So it's something of a mixed blessing that I have been able to spread out the work because it just keeps getting better the more professional experience I gain. Also, through working freelance I've made a number of good contacts and hope to be able to pitch this film in a shorter one hour format to networks such as discovery health and PBS. I'm trying to get those meetings together for the end of July when I hopefully have some more footage from the convention.  

So I wanted to just get an idea of how everyone would feel about me bring a camera and a sound guy with me to shoot at the convention. I'm working on getting a release from the hotel, but everyone's participation would be greatly appreciated. And just like last time in Nashville if there was anyone who objected to appearing on camera that is completely fine and I will do my best to honor their wishes.  

So feel free to check my website www.justinott.com, and click on the clusterheads documentary link on the left. There are some new clips I put up a couple months ago featuring Terry Gordon who was nice enough to open his home up to me and my crew last January in Davenport.  

In the next couple weeks leading up to the convention I"ll start contacting people individually to work out a time over the weekend to meet and do some interviews. I'm sorry I won't be able to get to everyone. if you feel you have a really unique story I would love to hear it though. Please email me anytime at justinott@mac.com and we can talk about it.  

Thanks again everyone! i really look forward to seeing everyone again. I don't want to barge in and start shooting that weekend without at least hearing from the group that they would be ok with it. I want to respect people's privacy as much as I can.

all the best,

justin
justinott.com
justinott@mac.com
IP Logged

if any clusterheads in NYC want to get together shoot me an email justinott@mac.com
Racer1_NC
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Beeeyul the Cat"

Email

Re: Clusterheads Documentary
« Reply #1 on: Jun 22nd, 2007, 2:01pm »

Speaking only for myself, I'm glad you are coming to film at RichCOn......anything I can do to help, just ask.

Bill
IP Logged

"Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime."

Eventus stultorum magister.
Jimi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Who loves ya baby!

Hendrix1473  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 22nd, 2007, 2:30pm »

I certainly have no problem with it either.
IP Logged

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #3 on: Jun 22nd, 2007, 3:26pm »

HI Justin,
My name is Rori and i am the convention chairperson. You need to get permission from me to do this before you expect to be using our spaces and time in the hotel to interview and film.

I applaud your project, but to be very honest I am skeptical because of your sketchy track record of being unreachable, unreliable and over-possesive of what you film.

I do not doubt your skill as a film maker I would love to have all of this work out.
Please contact me via email at convention@ouch-us.org and we can proceeed.

Thank you for your interest,
Rori
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2007, 3:28pm by lionsound » IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 22nd, 2007, 4:16pm »

What??????????  and that's all I'm going to say about that.

I, too have NO !!!!     problem with this Justin.  In Nashville when you were there it was almost like you weren't there, if that makes any sense.  You asked permission to interview people and they either said yes or no.  You kept a pretty low profile in my opinion.
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #5 on: Jun 22nd, 2007, 4:28pm »

Linda, I don't doubt that he'll do his job in an appropriate manner. I know he is a good film maker.  

He needs to ask my permission so he can use the spaces and time he needs. And to be "official."

He's been working on this project for a long time and i would love to see it finished.  
But i also have to respect the privacy of my attendees that may be uncomfortable with him around.  

-Rori

« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2007, 4:35pm by lionsound » IP Logged
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jun 22nd, 2007, 7:32pm »

I have NO problems with Justin's work, or him being there!   In fact, I ENCOURAGE it!

Rori, with my son starting in the same business, I understand the problems Justin has encountered with his project.  He IS attempting to do so much of it on his own!  These things DO take time!  AND money!!!

I also understand your position, in this, Rori, and I thank you for the EXCELLENT job you have done, and ARE doing!

I have never had a problem getting in touch with Justin, when I needed to.

I hope you can get it straightened out, to allow him there.  He is our BEST hope, to date, to get our message out to the world!  We NEED our message, his film completed, and out there.

Justin, anyway that I can help, I will be happy to do it!

Chuck
IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #7 on: Jun 22nd, 2007, 7:55pm »

I believe Rori is doing exactly the proper, legal thing with her request. It's like when my band played at the convention last year - we weren't paid a dime, but we still executed a contract. A contract for $0. There were still considerations on both sides: start and end times, power supplies, how early we could access the stage area, etc.

IMHO, there is nothing wrong with what Rori is asking.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jun 22nd, 2007, 8:14pm »

on Jun 22nd, 2007, 7:55pm, Brewcrew wrote:
IMHO, there is nothing wrong with what Rori is asking.

I agree completely!!!  She is doing an outstanding job of organizing and protecting all that are involved.  And doing it legal, and by the books.

I hope I didn't sound like I was against what she is doing, in my last post.  Rori has my FULL support!

Chuck
IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
justin
New Board Veteran
USA 

what it is...

jdo201
WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Jun 22nd, 2007, 8:52pm »

Hey everyone,

thanks for the posts.  

Rori - i didn't mean to come off as if i wasn't going to contact you. I just wanted to update everyone on the project and let people know I was planning on coming. Shooting at the convention is a separate thing I would like to do when I'm there. I had no intention of doing anything until I had spoke to you though. I'll contact you through the email you provided and we can discuss it further.  Just so you know though, I really wouldn't require anything from you or the organization. I would do interviews in my own rented space. The only thing I would do with the group as a whole is shoot some footage of everyone hanging out having a good time. And if anyone didn't want to be filmed they can simply let me know and I will be happy to avoid them. But you and I can discuss that further over email.  

however, i'm worried that you think i'm hard to reach and not allowing the footage i've shot so far to be scene. I've actually responded to every email i've gotten about the film and have had many on going conversations with clusterheads over email and on the phone. i know i can't get in touch with everyone, but i've made an effort to contact anyone who's contacted me.  

I've also shared my footage with everyone who has ever asked for it. I've shared it with media and news outlets, professors, research drs, neurologists, etc. So I'm not really sure where that is coming from. If someone does need footage for anything I'm happy to help.  

If there are other instances of me being unreliable, unreachable, or over possessive of the footage please let me know and I will do everything I can to correct that. I wasn't aware that people felt that way.  

Chuck, I am especially sorry if I wasn't available to you. you mean so much to me and this project. Your bravery and courage to allow yourself to be filmed has helped a lot of people. So I sincerely apologize to you if we haven't been able to connect. I hope that emails people have been sending me haven't been going into my junk email. I get at least 4 or 5 emails a week from different people all over the world so I assumed I was getting them. Anyway, my appologies if that's been the case.  

So Rori, I will contact you directly and I look forward to working with you.  

I've actually turned down work offers for July just so I can work on this and make more progress than I have in the past. It's been hard getting settled and finding work steady enough to support this project, but I'm in good shape now and looking forward to finishing this and getting our story out there. If anyone has any questions please feel free to email me directly at justinott@mac.com. If I don't get back to you within a day or two please try me at jdo201@yahoo.com. There is the possibility my spam filter may be blocking something it shouldn't.  

All the best,

Justin
IP Logged

if any clusterheads in NYC want to get together shoot me an email justinott@mac.com
justin
New Board Veteran
USA 

what it is...

jdo201
WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Jun 22nd, 2007, 8:56pm »

Chuck  -  

sorry. I just re-read your post and saw you say that you've "never" had a problem reaching me... my bad. Well I'm glad then.

But like I said, if people are reaching me please try my other email or cell #. thanks!

j
IP Logged

Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #11 on: Jun 22nd, 2007, 9:34pm »

on Jun 22nd, 2007, 8:14pm, ClusterChuck wrote:

I agree completely!!!  She is doing an outstanding job of organizing and protecting all that are involved.  And doing it legal, and by the books.

I hope I didn't sound like I was against what she is doing, in my last post.  Rori has my FULL support!

Chuck

Nope, I didn't mean to imply that at all, Chuck. There were just what I perceived as some general misgivings about what Rori was asking. So I offered my opinion.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #12 on: Jun 22nd, 2007, 9:35pm »

on Jun 22nd, 2007, 8:52pm, justin wrote:

So Rori, I will contact you directly and I look forward to working with you.  

Perfect, Justin. Smiley
  Thank you.
-Rori
IP Logged
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #13 on: Jun 23rd, 2007, 1:34am »

on Jun 22nd, 2007, 8:56pm, justin wrote:
Chuck  -  

sorry. I just re-read your post and saw you say that you've "never" had a problem reaching me... my bad. Well I'm glad then.

LOL ... No problem, buddy!!!  I assumed that is what you did.

You are a class act, a fellow clusterhead, and a helluva great guy!  I REALLY look forward to seeing you again!

Chuck
IP Logged

Thomas Fuller
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #14 on: Jun 30th, 2007, 9:36pm »

Justin Ott will be giving a presentation at the convention about the Clusterhead Dcoumentary  on Saturday, July 14, in the afternoon. Smiley
IP Logged
Maffumatt

Email

« Reply #15 on: Jul 3rd, 2007, 9:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Someone please say that this years presentation will be filmed and available to those that can't attend.
IP Logged
artonio7
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Home since 11/18/06

artonio9  

« Reply #16 on: Jul 6th, 2007, 8:38pm »

I'm bringing a camera.

with warm regards,
Tony
IP Logged

Hope! http://artonio7.com
CH Pain Calendar Free Download
For artwork
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: Jul 6th, 2007, 11:08pm »

This fat fuck walked up to me and asked to interview  me, when I said no I was not intrested he said,whats the matter Jonny "not enough beer yet"

This guy is a piece of shit in my eyes and hes lucky I had respect for OUCH!

Rori, you have every right to doubt this fat piece of shit!

How many years does it take?

Just my two cents....you dont disrespect my ass like that....do you?

« Last Edit: Jul 6th, 2007, 11:14pm by Jonny » IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Patrick_A
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If i could get my hands on that wascally Wabbit

Email

« Reply #18 on: Jul 7th, 2007, 11:47am »

I walked away from this once, but I can't resist.

Jonny, Do you got something against fat people? I mean, you insulted every overweight person on the board with your little rant.

Patrick_A
IP Logged

Do you think that when they asked George Washington for his ID, that he just whipped out a One Dollar Bill?
artonio7
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Home since 11/18/06

artonio9  

« Reply #19 on: Jul 7th, 2007, 11:55am »

on Jul 7th, 2007, 11:47am, Patrick_A wrote:
I walked away from this once, but I can't resist.

Jonny, Do you got something against fat people? I mean, you insulted every overweight person on the board with your little rant.

Patrick_A

Didn't sound to me as if he has anything against fat "people", just one alleged fat "person" and besides... what good is a grudge if you can't hold on to it?

with warm regards,
Tony
« Last Edit: Jul 7th, 2007, 12:31pm by artonio7 » IP Logged

Hope! http://artonio7.com
CH Pain Calendar Free Download
For artwork
Patrick_A
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If i could get my hands on that wascally Wabbit

Email

« Reply #20 on: Jul 7th, 2007, 12:08pm »

LOL, maybe ur right.
My apologies to Jonny!

Patrick_A
IP Logged

Do you think that when they asked George Washington for his ID, that he just whipped out a One Dollar Bill?
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #21 on: Jul 7th, 2007, 1:49pm »

Jonny doesn't give a damn about the size of your ass - just your heart!

This I know having had one of the biggest butts on the board LOL
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

justin
New Board Veteran
USA 

what it is...

jdo201
WWW Email

« Reply #22 on: Jul 8th, 2007, 2:17pm »

Oh Jonny,

You are a character. Maybe you weren't aware that i'm putting my own time and money into showing how clusterheadaches.com and the message boards have provided support, information, friendships, and hope. I work my ass off to save up money so that I can take off from work and afford to pay for these trips and shooting and editing that I do all on my own. Instead of buying a nicer car or new furniture I do this with my spare time and money. And it does take time, but I don't expect you to understand that. And I really don't care.  

But I do care that you chose to voice a three year old "grudge" about me publicly on this message board. You somehow always manage to be the person on the message boards to start fights and cause problems. People come here for help, not to be insulted. So if you have a problem with me personally you can send me a personal message and I'd be happy to work it out with you. But DO NOT insult me in this way.  

Since I now have to defend myself I'd like to mention that I never said what you claim I said. You may have mistook something else I said but I would never have said something mean spirited like that. I'm not that type of person. So if respect is something you want from others perhaps you should start showing some of that respect yourself. Instead of coming to me personally and telling me that I did something to offend you, you chose to slander me, and call me names on a public message board three years after the fact. Where is the respect in that?

Out of nearly 100 people at the nashville convention you were the sole person who did not want to be filmed. You just seem to have a problem with everyone and everything and it's sad. I'm sorry you live in such a negative world. Don't drag us down to your level please.  
IP Logged

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #23 on: Jul 11th, 2007, 6:13pm »

on Jul 8th, 2007, 2:17pm, justin wrote:
I never said what you claim I said.

The fuck you didnt!

I have no reason to lie, you do, ass-hole!
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

justin
New Board Veteran
USA 

what it is...

jdo201
WWW Email

« Reply #24 on: Jul 23rd, 2007, 11:45am »

Thanks everyone in Richmond for a great convention. It was great seeing everyone again!

I'm going to make a few adjustments to the DVD that I showed in Richmond and hopefully I'll be able to get that to OUCH soon to distribute through the website and help raise money for OUCH. I'll work with Donna on that soon.

The interviews that I got in Richmond were wonderful so thank you for sharing your time with me. The speakers were great and I have those on tape. I'll work with OUCH to share those with anyone who wasn't able to attend.  

I'm heading out of town july 29-august15 for work so i'll see what I can get done before that. If not i'll have a revised DVD by the end of August for sure. I hope you liked what I put together so far. It was a rough string out and can be improved but I just wanted to get something going that was information and could help our community.  

Again, it was great seeing you all and if there is something that I can do for you please email me at justinott@mac.com

thanks!

justin
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« No topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss