Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 10:39am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hi »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   Hi
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hi  (Read 595 times)
Teresa
New Board Junior

ON WISCONSIN!!!  #9 Baby!

Trumpeteer82086   trumpeteer2086
WWW Email

Hi
« on: Feb 18th, 2002, 6:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi I'm Teresa.  My mom has cluster headaches and I am SO SICK OF THEM!!!  She never stops complaining.  It gets me so stressed out and I don't know what to do.  Whenever I say something like "my head hurts" because I have a mild headache she just goes "ohh I'm sorry" very sarcastically.  I feel sometimes like she doesn't care about me any more.
IP Logged

I'm gonna stop looking back, and start moving on and learn how to face my fears. Love with all of my heart and make my mark I want to leave something here. Go out on a ledge without any net, that's what I'm gonna be about. I wanna be running when the sand runs out. - Rascal Flatts
Margi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18th, 2002, 7:22pm »

Well, honey WE care about you.  My husband has cluster headaches too.  In fact, he's having one right now. Sad

I'm sorry your mom is making you feel like your problems are smaller than hers, that's not real fair.  But you and I will never feel the pain SHE goes through either.  So we both have to learn to be a little tolerant and respect each other's pain.

You feel free to come here any time and tell us what you're going through, we're all in the same boat, us supporters.  Do you know what meds your mom is on, or how she is treating her pain?  There are lots of folks here who are very knowledgeable about different treatment methods.  Maybe we can point your mom in the right direction and help her deal with her pain.

You KNOW your mom loves you, that's not an issue here.  She's probably just so sick of the pain she's feeling, she's lashing out at those around her.  That's completley normal.  It's nothing personal directed at you, ok?  She's mad at the pain.  She's frustrated she can't make it stop.  

Hugs, my new friend.  Keep reading here and know that you're never alone, now that you've found us!!

Margi
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Margi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

Re: Hi
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18th, 2002, 7:25pm »

Guess I wasn't finished yet!!  When your mom's not having a headache, would she talk to you about it?  Can you sit down with her and ask her what you should do when she's getting a headache?  Does she want you to bring her ice, or does she want you to leave her alone?
Don't be offended if she'd rather be alone, ok?  Sometimes it's easier for her to fight that pain if she's not feeling self-conscious that you are there, watching her and feeling helpless.  
What I do, is I go get busy in another part of the house.  I always stay within earshot if my husband needs me, but he's one of the ones who does prefer to be on his own when he's getting hit.
Hugs again,
Margi
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss