Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 11:06pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Thanks for being there »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   Thanks for being there
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Thanks for being there  (Read 424 times)
bethdawn

Email

Thanks for being there
« on: Aug 25th, 2002, 9:45am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Cry Please accept my deepest gratitude for being there and I truly am sorrowful that we need this site.  My husband has been a chronic CH sufferer since 1997 (the first time we had a name for it that is).  Mark has become suicidal at times,not knowing how to escape the pain. He is no longer working, partially due to CH and partially due to depression. I have had to shoulder the burden alone until now, so please excuse my rambling and the tears. Our 3 children (2, 9, & 11)are also affected by this because my husband is the at home parent.  Our 2 yr old asks if daddy has a "hegache" when Mark straps on the O2. Every time when go the the drug store, he asks if "we see pharmsist" since Mark has been on 7 different meds just this summer.  Everything from morphinex2 in the hospital for a real bad headache, imitrex pills (no good), pregnazone 2 full packs, muscle relaxers, and on, and on, and on. We have gone broke because of the medical bills and the useless drugs our septic tank now has. I am so lost right now. I real like my world is closing in.  The O2 helps, but he still gets the headaches. we don't go anywhere for fear daddy wilol get another headache.  We have left the grocery store, midway through shopping because he had an attack and did not have his O2.  (He hates to bring it even in the car because he feels like a freak) I can't take much more, I cry myself to sleep and I lose my patience with the kids.  Then I beat myself up because I am not the one in pain, Mark is! I am suppose to be his supporter, I love him dearly, and have no intentions of leaving him, I just need a little TLC myself.  Well there I go crying again, so I better sign off.  Thanks again for letting me rant and rave.
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

Re: Thanks for being there
« Reply #1 on: Aug 25th, 2002, 11:01am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Is your hubby eposodic or chronic... is he on a preventative like verapamil or neurontin... do your homework now that you found us.  Click on those links on the left and find a plan he hasnt used yet... Does your hubby drink alcohol???? If he is using Imatrex the alcohol makes it a useless drug... (in our case anyway)you can email me or IM me if you need to talk... Im usually on here alot I do computer graphics also... good luck you will be in my prayers... ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Please SPAY and NEUTER all dogs, cats and idiots!

debbie4278  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 25th, 2002, 11:27am »

Glad you found the site.  Hope your husband will take a look.  There are so many sufferers here.  I just found the site recently when I went into a new cycle.  I was shocked to find others experienced the same pain I do.

This site is the greatest thing.  As Ree said, read everything, research.  And make copies to take to the doctor.

I take Procardia daily as a preventative.  And this cycle I am taking Indocin.  For the breakthrough "shadows", I use Zomig.  I have Imitrex inj. for a backup, although it hasn't worked for me.

You and your husband have a new "family" now, who care and will be there.  I have found that.  Gosh, now I am going to cry!

Keep in touch.  Always here for ya.
Debbie Wink
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
ChristineL

Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 25th, 2002, 11:37am »

Hi,

I recently came out of remission after 12 years and this site has been a godsend. Read and print all you can and try what others suggest.

I am using O2 both at home and have a portable in the car always. I couldn't care less what people think if it gets rid of my headache and I can be a functional person again. I have the Imitrex injections for the bad ones which work almost immediately and am on Pred.  

Find a good neuro or headache center that understands and have your hubby keep reading this site - we are all here for you.

Chris L
IP Logged
bethdawn

Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 25th, 2002, 3:40pm »

To all who have responded, my heart felt thanks.  My hubby is taking vermapril(sp) and O2 now.  I am not sure the dose, but the pill is blue and he takes it in the morning. My 9 yr old is starting to get headache too.  Are clusters hereditary? Thanks. Beth Dawn
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Aug 25th, 2002, 5:24pm »

bethdawn,
First, sorry your husband is suffering and you had to come looking for this place.

Second, love your email name  Cheesy

Third, It hurts me when I see that there are children that have to see a parent suffer. Children have a great deal of love and sometimes when they see a parent sick or in pain they somehow feel they did something to cause the pain.

My children (now 29 and 30) grew up with my headaches. At a very young age I explained, in a way smal children could understand, what was happening, why and that it was in no way their fault, but they could help.

They were given "jobs" to do when the attacks started and I had to go to my room. Their "jobs" were to turn the tv and radio down and play quietly. My son had the "job" of being sure his little sister was ok and quiet.
Of course, after the attack, the kids were praised "Thanks you for doing a wonderful "job"". Sometimes we'd go get ice cream or something as a reward. This gave them a sense of accomplishment and they were proud of themselves.

Small children are a lot smarter than most adults believe. Just explain it to them and give honest answers (they know if you're not truthful).

I have a grandson now that has been given his "job".

click this for his story
                               http://www.clusterheadaches.com/wwwboard/messages/48382.html

Zachery is now 3 years old and has been an OUCH member for more than half his life.

Welcome to CH.com
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2002, 5:26pm by BobG » IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 26th, 2002, 10:28pm »

Bob G that story is beautiful... It is amazing what instinct is there in the hearts of small children... Zachery sounds like a doll...

...also I'd like to say thanks for supporting a supporter today... Most of the women and men that come here merely want to be reassured that they are doing right by the sufferer that they support...  

You left a great big warm spot in my heart today... something that CH can never take away... thanks for that... love Ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss