Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 7:41pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « We have a new problem »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: Margi, DJ)
   We have a new problem
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: We have a new problem  (Read 520 times)
Margi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

We have a new problem
« on: Oct 22nd, 2002, 6:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I read, amidst the madness, that a new supporter is now wearing two hats.

I was SO sorry to see that you're starting to get hit, Den.  I hope it was just a rogue attack and something that will never come at you again.

I think you two face unique challenges, both being clusterheads AND supporters.  Hang in there, Den and Georgia.  You've both always got a soft place to land here if either of you need one.

IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

Re: We have a new problem
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22nd, 2002, 6:47pm »

why ya postin it here??? will they see it Margi...? I am so sorry Den... G... what can I say.?  We're here for you both and if there is anything I can do for you guys... give a holler... Love to you both Ree
« Last Edit: Oct 22nd, 2002, 6:49pm by Ree » IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
rumplestiltskin

Email

it's always sumthin
« Reply #2 on: Oct 22nd, 2002, 11:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

...preciate it.  

We read this together and G. patted my leg an said "Take yer fuckin Verapamil" That's G!

...I got my script upped so I take it 2X a day now...twice as hard to remember! I missed a few doses last week...and I "hope" that's what allowed the boogyman in....we'll see. I'm armed...O2 is full...new bubbler...been hording Zomig...the one I had was kip 3...walk in the park...highly uncharacteristic fer me. My CH always shot to serious peak within 5 minutes....shadowing...we'll see...we'll see.

Just got cast as Kris Kringle in Miracle on 34th St.  Addie and G are in it too.

Our CH experiences are so radically different. One thing not in this house is a lack of understanding about the severity of the pain.

Enter stage left...Ophelia...the mad scene...

I think I am getting the hang of this supporter thing....I hung a paper plate on the wall that says "bang head here"....I hang lots of signs around, like.."Dont pee on this den"...umm but that is more appropriate for the supporters corner on the  "neurotic male marking of territory disorders" message board that we also belong to.  

Margi, your support, friendship, and understanding...just beyond words. Thank you.  

Den and I are seeing things from the other side of the window pane....I shall never forget the look on Den's face when he came home early and said.."cluster headache"...and ran to the O2. Even though it was just (JUST!) a kip 3....it was enough to scare the living shit out of me. How you do this, see that look, that pain, that fear...day after day...I can not fathom at this point. All I can do is be here for him...whatever he needs...whatever he wants...I will give him without reservation...total empathy included (not to mention all the blow jobs he wants, he said he read somewhere on here that they help prevent ch...sometimes I wonder if he is faking just to get one...damn wannabe's). I don't know that it's enough....but it's all I've got.  Knowing that you all are here, makes this that much easier. I can't even express the amount of respect I have for all of you supporters...angels disguised as humans, walking this earth....

peace and love and walks in the sunshine,
Den and Georgia
IP Logged
Margi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 23rd, 2002, 9:07am »

psssttt, Georgia girl.....  that's the oldest line in the Clusterhead handbook, honey.  Don't believe him.  If he gets hit while you're....uh....giving him therapy.....well, I guess you wouldn't need that tonsilectomy after all, right?  Wink

ANYWAYS.... Roll Eyes

Keep us posted, you two.  We're praying out here that you two never get hit at the same time.    

and... take your effin Verapamil, Den!!    Shocked
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Riccardo
New Board Old Timer
Italy 

Serial kisser... and Stetsons lover...

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 23rd, 2002, 9:36am »

Den Den Den.......
that post said BOW JUMPS !!!!!!!!!

or may be BOW JOBS ?!?

or BLOW FOGS ?!?

.....not sure....
 Grin ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
IP Logged

Riccardo OUCH-Italia
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 25th, 2002, 2:48am »

Hope I'm not too late in here with this.

DEN.....forget the paper plates.  Do what Liz and Doug Wright did for me in Vancouver.  Pillows..Lots of them..

Den, I'm so glad that you and Georgia have each other.
Don't know what else to say except that.  Being alone in this, sucks big time, and you two are no longer in that catagory, so that's such a good thing.

Break a leg on 34th. street Den.    Linda Howell
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Georgia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If ya don't like my peaches, don't shake my tree.

pixieprincess_una   georgiacze
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 25th, 2002, 10:50pm »

Linda - You aren't alone in this. Ever. Remember that. You are loved and even though you might not see them...you have 2000+ arms wrapped around you everytime you feel pain....2000+ fists beating the beast back with all they've got.  

Peace and love,
Georgia
IP Logged

la la lala la la.....(its the theme song from the smurfs in case you couldn't tell) Need a smile? Click here: http://users.compaqnet.be/cn174277/Smurfs%20-%20Smurf%20Theme%20Song.mp3
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 28th, 2002, 9:38pm »

We love ya Linda H...just give a shout if you need me... ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
MaureenG
New Board Junior
USA 

Clusterheart since 2000!

MaureenGEarth
WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Nov 14th, 2002, 11:10pm »

I don't know how anyone can get through being sufferer and supporter.  Although I have never understood the exact pain that he goes through, I am just about the only person who understands that he is in excruciating pain.

One night I got a TINY taste of what all the sufferers go through WAY too often.  We were at the ER (of all places) for one of Steve's attacks and it was about 3am by that time.  I don't know if it was because I was so overtired or stressed that we even had to be there, but I was fighting a headache for a couple hours, when suddenly I was thrown into a brick wall.  I have NEVER EVER felt that kind of pain before.  
I was nauseous (sp?) and had to go outside for some cool air.  I know Steve wasn't quite feeling well enough to leave, but he got himself discharged anyway and met me outside a few minutes later.  The walk to the parking lot felt like walking a marathon.  I wanted to stick a dagger in my head a cut it open.  We had to stop once on the way home because I thought I was going to be sick, then decided I just wanted to get home ASAP.  It was only about a 15 minute ride, but I was balling my eyes out the whole way, wishing I could die right then and there.
I did get sick when we got home.   Sorry, you probably didn't want to know that.   Tongue  The lucky thing for me was that I took a Tylenol PM and fell asleep soon after.  When I woke up, I was fine again.  I know it wasn't an actual cluster attack because it was a one-time occurence (I hope), but it did give me a greater compassion for Steve's pain.  I now understand his urgency to run to the ER at midnight to get rid of it the fastest possible way.  It gave me a greater respect for what he goes through as a part of his everyday life.  I would never wish that pain on anyone, but I think it was the best experience I could have ever had, for Steve's sake.
IP Logged

Through awareness comes understanding. Visit my site to raise awareness.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss