Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 9:26pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « what a great help this site is »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: Margi, DJ)
   what a great help this site is
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: what a great help this site is  (Read 527 times)
rain
New Board Newbie

Email

what a great help this site is
« on: Oct 23rd, 2002, 3:06am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My husband fell 3 years ago breaking his back and hitting his head, his CH started soon after. has anyone ever heard of a head injury causing these to start. It is trully the most frightning experience to see his pain. I have suffered migraine pain for 20 years and CH is so awful. migraine cant compare.this site has trully helped me to understand what this head pain is all about and helps me to help him. He has had a headache for about 4-5 weeks now and we are doing the best we can .he wakes every night about 3-4 with the knife stabbing pain. Imitrex helps but as you all know is dangerous and expensive.  
I hope for every day to be the last pain day .....maybe tomorrow Smiley
thanks
IP Logged
Riccardo
New Board Old Timer
Italy 

Serial kisser... and Stetsons lover...

WWW Email

Re: what a great help this site is
« Reply #1 on: Oct 23rd, 2002, 3:14am »

Ciao rain,

at these times, there are no "official" evidences about the CH caused from head injury.

But, here in Italy, a survey on our site has been done, and the 90% (NINETY) of the CHers have had, in the first 12 months before the CH start, a head injury, or a generic body injury, or a big psychological shock (e.g. the loss of  relatives, a financial crack... )

To be honest, this survey don't match with you US people, but .... who knows?

Ciao
IP Logged

Riccardo OUCH-Italia
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 23rd, 2002, 7:50am »

That is probably because Italian people are so loving and romantic... We Americans think we are made of iron Ric... Im sure the same is true over here and no one wants to admit it...  
My husband got in a terrible motorcycle accident before he started with CH...  
Nice to see you post and thanks for the earlier translations... love to you and kisses too Ree Kiss
« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2002, 7:51am by Ree » IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
rain
New Board Newbie

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 24th, 2002, 3:55am »

Well you Both made me laugh....And boy did I need that ! Thank you both for replying and for the laugh.
Riccardo, if you have any information about head injuries  being the start of CH. could you let me know. I loved the reference "serial kisser ...very cute!
Ree, I just wanted to say I am a Nana for the first time too !! Yippee ! My son is in the Air Force so I havent had a chance to see her yet ...soon I hope.
Well glad to have found this site it changed the way I understand CH! now maybe I can help my husband.
Caio and good day
IP Logged
Riccardo
New Board Old Timer
Italy 

Serial kisser... and Stetsons lover...

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 24th, 2002, 4:34am »

References... hmmmm:  
in our "survey" is not properly a HEAD injury but, as  I said before, a "general" injury or, in the 40% of cases, a psychological shock.

May be a serious surgical operation, the loss of a parent, a car wreck and...also ... a head injury.

My thoughts about the denies about a correlation between injury and CH starts here.

In other words, If I ask to a neuro if there is a correlation between an HEAD injury and CH, the answer is No. And I could agree with this.

But what happens if I ask to a neuro if there is a correlation between a "general"shock and/or injury with CH?  Is quite different, and the "genesis" is surely psychological and not physical. And the "Italian" statistics are very high.

Some people here can state that ANY of us have had a shock of this kind in his own life. But I talk about AT least 12 months between the shock and the CH start. Is also different.

Ciao Colleen

IP Logged

Riccardo OUCH-Italia
Steeno + Bell
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 24th, 2002, 6:27pm »

My man also had a head injury before his CH started - he crashed into a ski lift and cracked his head right open.  He has also had surgery on his head when he was younger !!  

A couple of doctors have said to us it could have been brought on by the injury !!

Bell

IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

rRe: what a great help this site is
« Reply #6 on: Oct 24th, 2002, 9:11pm »

rain... we live such parallel lives I havent seen my grandson either because my son is in the service.  So much in common...loved ones with CH... kids in the service, babies we havent held. Makes me feel really lonely sometimes.  

Ric... I agree with you but... a doctor told us that it "could' be possible but wasnt probable.  Maybe the hypothalamus just sits there all deformed and stuff. Then in your young life something does give it a jolt that gets that clock ticking that tells my husbands body to start his cycle every 1 1/2 to 2 years.  I am sorry that you have to go through this Hell too... kisses to you again friend...

Bell  my new friend...LOL IS THAT SPIDERMAN DANCING UNDER YOUR NAME??? I LOVE THOSE DANCING GIFS
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Steeno + Bell
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 24th, 2002, 11:22pm »

;D yeah he's pretty cool eh !!

What are you still doing up I thought you were going to try and get some sleep.

I've just been out for my lunch and a little shop - wasnt expecting any replies - nice to hear from you again.

Hope you all have a great and pain free weekend !!!

Bell  Cheesy
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss