Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 12:28pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Is it gone..? Or hiding..? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: Margi, DJ)
   Is it gone..? Or hiding..?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Is it gone..? Or hiding..?  (Read 225 times)
rain
New Board Newbie

Email

Is it gone..? Or hiding..?
« on: Nov 18th, 2002, 10:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Ok, I have been gone for a little while...It was my turn for a MH.
but, I was wondering has any one had much help from a night-time dose of benadryl ? Rich has been taking 2 (benadryl free) for a week or so and his nights are good,  he has had shadows, but only 1 real bad CH.
It's been a couple months now since the start of this cycle...Could it be going away and we just think it's the benadryl helping?? (also he uses o2 for shadows.)
Or is it still waiting? We don't have much experience with this since he was just diagnosed and he has only had 4 seasons.

I love that I can come here and get some advice ...

I had so many questions and started to read all around ..new posts..old posts...I learned the answers to so many things... I even found that the 02 can help with my MH. (It helped but had it set on 12) and don't want to use his O2 ( I think he needs it more then me).

we have his and hers Imitrex ..guess we could have his and hers o2 masks...!!*S* Geesh !!

Well take care everyone...peace
IP Logged
Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

Re: Is it gone..? Or hiding..?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 19th, 2002, 7:03am »

Good Morning Rain,
Glad to hear that things are better at your house.
As to the "whys"....who knows ???  Could be medication...could be the end of a cylce.  My husband, Blake, is chronic..when things get better for him I never know why so I just bow and say "thanks".

Hang in there and keep reading Smiley

Jacks Cool
IP Logged
Darleen
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Peek-a-boo

Email

« Reply #2 on: Nov 19th, 2002, 5:46pm »

Hey rain,

Ditto what Jackie said.  My husband (John) was hit this past weekend after 2 years without.  He has been having shadows since the weekend but nothing yet again.  There doesn't seem to any rhyme nor reason - all we can do is be thankful when we are painfree.

Lots of luv,
D Smiley
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 19th, 2002, 7:46pm »

Hi All... Yes some Sufferers have luck with benadryl or melatonin or clonazepam at bedtime there are a few other over the counter things that stop the REM sleep from occuring hence no big attack in the night... Dave takes an imatrex pill before bed when in a cycle and then when one starts its not as intense... but the benadryl IS probably helping... good for you... love ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
rain
New Board Newbie

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 20th, 2002, 3:15am »

It seems the benadryl is helping..Richard has alot of allergies.. I think keeping his hystamine level down helps...
Thanks for your reply's...Love you guys!
Ree  I  never thought of it stoping the REM sleep..Hmmm
makes sense though.  
but, do we rest enough if we avoid REM sleep?
guess it's all up to the individual.
Jackie, has Blake ever tried Benadryl before bed ??couldn't hurt??
Darleen does o2 help chase away the shadows? Seems to help my Richard. (ok well sometimes )Smiley
PFDAN
peace..Rain
IP Logged
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #5 on: Nov 20th, 2002, 9:27pm »

http://www.clusterheadaches.org/library/histamines/histamine_and_seroton in.htm

Histamine info..
IP Logged

Click The Flag
MaureenG
New Board Junior
USA 

Clusterheart since 2000!

MaureenGEarth
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 20th, 2002, 11:35pm »

Rain,

Benadryl does seem to help Steve some.  Of course because clusterheads usually take several different medications, it's tough to pin down what's really helping.  Maybe it's the combination that works.

He does notice when he takes Benadryl on a regular basis, he has more shadows than full-blown attacks.  Although he was never diagnosed with specific allergies, he did go through seasonal headache periods as a child, although not to the extent of the CH.  He's been suffering from CH since his mid-twenties (about 7 yrs).

Whatever is working, I'm glad Richard is feeling some relief.  Hope you are too.

PFDAN to all

Maureen
IP Logged

Through awareness comes understanding. Visit my site to raise awareness.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss